What do you do, after you realize, that life is meaningless, nothing matters, and we are all going to die

what do you do, after you realize, that life is meaningless, nothing matters, and we are all going to die .

Get really fucking drunk.

I go to church to regain meaning in my life

I watch TV

This

Step 1: Realize that the only thing real is your pain and that this may very well be true for everyone around you.
Step 2: Act according to your knowledge and try to reduce suffering in the world around you, while maximizing your own pleasure.
Step 3: Live to do what you and only you want. Give life your own meaning and revel in the knowledge that ultimately, there is no cosmic expectation to fulfil. You live only to please yourself.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: Profit!

Grow up and realize that realization is meaningless. Things still matter to you even if they don't matter in any objective sense.

I don't think there's any one particular thing that I always do after that.

You have to adjust your outlook and life philosophy to frame your life into a meaningful life. Suicide is always an option, but that's a gamble. The other side could be worse, better, or nothing?

good post user.

I am at the same crossroads. I hate to sound like a dick but when I read these replies they don't strike a chord with me. I can't seem to fix the unidentifiable pain that my brain constantly pushes on me. I truly hope that when we die there is nothing, just a return to dust and our consciousness disappears with our bodies.

>I can't seem to fix the unidentifiable pain that my brain constantly pushes on me
Go to the doctor, get anti-depressants.

Since nothing you do can ever change that, you may as well accept it and enjoy your life to the fullest.

You're on the right path. That realization is necessary to break from the version of reality you've been raised to believe. The mistake most people make is stopping there.

My advice is to keep searching. There is further meaning to reality, this universe is not chaos but geometry. Follow your gut and do some random stuff. You'd be surprised where you end up. Keep seeking knowledge and it will find you. Stop and you will stay there until you die. It's up to you.

If I am depressed it's for a reason. I'm not going to chemically alter my brain with pills in the hopes of faking happiness. I knew a girl who took pills for bi polar disorder and it made her even more crazy. She started sleeping around and hurting those she loved. Eventually she killed herself anyway. We don't understand the human mind and the pharma industry are no better than drug dealers that have crippled half of this society to pain killers and anti depressants. Human greed.

>t. believe made up bullshit to make yourself feel special

Is it a feeling, always in the back of your brain, like you're doing the wrong thing with your life? Or not learning or hearing anything that strikes a chord in you?

Live life to the fullest. I don't have much time on earth and once I die there is nothing. I believe there is no afterlife, so I've got to cram as much living as I can into this life.
You could argue that we could just kill ourselves but hey life is fun sometimes.

>If I am depressed it's for a reason
You're the one who just said that it's unidentifiable and you can't seem to fix it.
>I'm not going to chemically alter my brain with pills in the hopes of faking happiness
You aren't trying to fake happiness, you're trying to fix a fucked up brain chemistry so that you aren't in pain. It's like taking aspirin when you get a headache.
> I knew a girl who took pills for bi polar disorder and it made her even more crazy. She started sleeping around and hurting those she loved. Eventually she killed herself anyway.
That's sad to hear, but an anecdotal account isn't a good reason to not seek professional help.
>We don't understand the human mind
We're getting better at it all the time.

Whatever man. Doubt you know what I'm talking about

Yes, that and lonliness, mental inability to find happiness with others and crippling lonliness when I am alone. I feel unhappy most of the time and my motivation is slipping. I don't want to sound like a white knight but I think a large part is my disappointment with the state of humanity. I was raised with very strict standards and discipline. I worked hard and have kept in shape. I have a career and I am not left wanting for materialistic objects. Every day when I leave the house it is a routine that has become boring. I have risen to the top of my field and no longer feel intensely challenged which is good because it will allow me to focus on other areas of my life but I feel like I am crippled and alone. I can't make it work.

>Pic related

>checked
Not specifically, but I've heard enough people say similar things to have a general idea.

What helped me get out of a similar mind space was trying to learn as much as I can about the nature of our reality. Exploring every available option, listen to anyone willing to teach their brand of bullshit. Everything from hard logical science to new age woo-woo and everything in-between. Youtube is great. Eventually you start connecting certain dots, a picture begins to show itself, and the truth starts showing itself. And you realize you don't know shit. But its a pretty good feeling

On the flip side I'm not physically alone because of wife, so that probably helps too.

I believe the chemical balance of my brain is the result of this society and humanity in general. I need to overcome my problems but can't. The pills might fix the chemical balance in my brain but the problem is still there.

>I believe the chemical balance of my brain is the result of this society and humanity in general.
It's also the result of genetics, diet, environment, etc.
>I need to overcome my problems but can't.
I'm not diagnosing you or anything, but I'd point out that you can't normally just think disease away.
>The pills might fix the chemical balance in my brain but the problem is still there.
Are you so certain of that?

If you have a wife or a regular pool of friends then you have learned to connect with others without feeling depressed. This is what sets you apart from me. I have a hard time accepting people usually because of their drug problems or immoral media based lifestyle. Heck this site is the perfect example of what I am talking about. It's like a magnet for me. Like looking at a car accident and you just can't look away no matter how gory or terrible it is. It's like watching a disaster unfold and I just take it all in and feel worse and worse as time goes on.

Extract as much pleasure as I can from my existence while I have the ability to be aware of pleasure. Life may be meaningless, but it can be worthwhile.

Try to enjoy whatever amount of time I have on this planet

Everyday, because it's the only thing that makes me not want to kill myself anymore

And I'm afraid to be alone with my own thoughts anymore. So I spend my nights drinking till 4 and playing video games

Fucking Christ, my life is a joke
I wish someone would help me, but I'm incapable of asking for it.

All good man. Did it occur to you that maybe you didn't fully understand what those people we're talking about due to the limitation in your life experience? Or that perhaps they were wrong and someone else speaking of similar things might have it right?

Can you explain to a child the things an adult understands? They have to grow older and experience certain things before they can hear what you're saying. Why do you think that stops the moment you're an adult?

= fuck like a beast

Got that sunshine in my pocket. Got that good soul in my feet.

I've got a wife that took me years to find, and I got lucky to find her so early. There was no one before her, and my pool of friends contains 2 guys. Literally anyone else is simply an acquaintance I have to tolerate and make inane small talk with.

Life is only meaningless if you want it to be.

What's the sauce please

I know you are probably going to call me stubborn but I don't believe I have a disease nor do I need pills. My current mindset is a direct reflection of the environment and information it has absorbed. When I was younger I didn't feel this way and the slip to this point has been slow building as I meet more people and observe more of the world. The unhappiness I am feeling is a result of isolation but the pain is unidentifiable. I believe it's my brain telling me to change, to fix the problem. The problem is my ability to live with facts of reality and life itself. I believe my mind has rejected it and no matter how hard I try I can't change it. It feels like I am trying to convince myself to just push myself into another state that I will be unhappy with. Going out to clubs and meeting people for instance, it never makes me feel better. Going to church even left me feeling more hollow and sad. I appreciate you taking the time to chat and help user, but like I said, I have come to the same conclusion as OP. The sun will eventually burn out and take everything with it. Nothing will remain to even prove that we existed as a species. You could cure cancer tomorrow and it would be great for many people but ultimately it will me nothing in time when we are all lost.

>Did it occur to you that maybe you didn't fully understand what those people we're talking about due to the limitation in your life experience?
No. I didn't fully understand what they were talk about because they use ill-defined terms and poor logic.
>Or that perhaps they were wrong and someone else speaking of similar things might have it right?
There's always that chance, but I'll believe it when I see it.
>Can you explain to a child the things an adult understands?
If you have sufficient time and understanding of the relevant subjects yourself, yes.

>I know you are probably going to call me stubborn but I don't believe I have a disease nor do I need pills
I'm not saying that you do. I'm saying you should go see a medical professional to see whether you do or not.
> The sun will eventually burn out and take everything with it. Nothing will remain to even prove that we existed as a species. You could cure cancer tomorrow and it would be great for many people but ultimately it will me nothing in time when we are all lost.
That's all true, but so what?

Pass the 8th grade.

I usually go to sleep. The only time I have to think about shit like that is laying in bed. I'm actually glad I don't have more time to realize it, because it would drive me nuts I think.

On the other hand, I stay so busy because I think you should do all you can in life. You only get one life, you will be completely forgotten in a couple generations after you. Make the most of it while you're here.

Let me put it to you like this, if you had the power to become immortal would you actually want to? Would being stuck in this life eventually turn you insane and unhappy? Would you become tired and feel like this is some punishment or endurance test? That is how I feel right now. I came to the realization that despite what people say they do not like life. They are trying desperately to convince themselves that they are happy. They get married so that they have achieved this perfect fairy tail happiness and most of them get divorced or simply stick with it out of obligation. They tell themselves that they like going to work for a living. In the end I believe deep down, we are all waiting for this punishment to end. If there is a God he hasn't taken any part in our lives or shown any guidance. If there isn't one then we are simply a random glitch in the universe. Either way we are totally alone. Maybe you have truly found happiness and your marriage is a beautiful thing. I have my doubts but I can honestly say that I hope it's true. I hope you are happy user.

>if you had the power to become immortal would you actually want to?
No.
>Would being stuck in this life eventually turn you insane and unhappy?
Sure, but the brief amount of time that we live is not long enough for that.
>That is how I feel right now.
Which is why I think you should get checked out.
> I came to the realization that despite what people say they do not like life.
Do you like books or movies or food? Would you want to read the same book or watch the same movie or eat the same food for eternity? If not, does that mean you don't actually like it?
>we are all waiting for this punishment to end
The flower withers and dies. Does that mean it isn't beautiful?
>If there isn't one then we are simply a random glitch in the universe.
So?
>Maybe you have truly found happiness and your marriage is a beautiful thing.
I'm not married. If you can't find happiness by yourself I don't see how adding someone else to the mix is going to help.

>what do you do, after you realize, that life is meaningless, nothing matters, and we are all going to die
get my dick sucked and sleep like a baby

someone's been watching rick and morty

hehe, you know I actually wish that my abilities to learn and comprehend were less. I believe ignorance is bliss. It's possible that I simply get bored and see the cycle in things too easily. It does lead to depression. Perhaps I have simply found mine early. I would give up all of my materialistic possesions just to be free of this.

Your comment about the flower is a good point and I am familiar with the idea of appreciating or taking enjoyment out of things if you can. I have done so materialisticly.

Like I said before, I believe my problems stem from my inability to be happy when I am alone. I get lonely user. I have tried to fix this and it has brought me more pain. I am not a teenager, believe me when I say that I have tried very hard to break the cycle. This is not something a pill can fix. It can numb the pain but I don't see an answer to my problem.

> I believe ignorance is bliss.
Possibly, but you haven't said anything that I didn't already know.
>It's possible that I simply get bored and see the cycle in things too easily.
It's also possible that you assign significance to things that maybe aren't actually significant. There's a reason I make comments like "So what?"
>I have done so materialisticly.
Is there some reason you can't do so in "other ways" as well? It is possible to enjoy just being, to be happy existing.
> This is not something a pill can fix.
How do you know?
>It can numb the pain but I don't see an answer to my problem.
If the problem is with your brain chemistry, then a pill would be the answer.

I wasn't implying that you were ignorant, I was commenting on your thought that watching the same movie gets boring ect. If you are ignorant you are easier to entertain and you see less cycle to life.

I havn't assigned signifigance to human contanct. I have been alone for a while now. I do believe my depression stems from isolation which is why I have assigned significance to human relationships.

I'm sorry but I simply don't agree with the "pill fixes everything" mentality. I never have and I have seen it destroy more than one person in my life. I'm signing off, it was nice talking with you.

go after szechuan sauce

keep living anyway.

HA

Camus says it best:

It happens that the stage sets collapse. Rising, streetcar, four hours in the office or the factory, meal, streetcar, four hours of work, meal, sleep, and Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday according to the same rhythin-this path is easily followed most of the time. But one day the "why" arises and everything begins in that weariness tinged with amazement. "Begiris"-this is important. Weariness comes at the end of the acts of a mechanical life, but at the same time it inaugurates the impulse of consciousness. It awakens consciousness and provokes what follows. What follows is the gradual return into the chain or it is the definitive awakening. At the end of the awakening comes, in time, the consequence : >suicide or recovery