What is the most fascinating thing you know about space?

What is the most fascinating thing you know about space?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M8nUMBtEcvs&index=9&list=FLNxjGM0jA_81pG3RIPhgLww&t=16s
youtube.com/watch?v=udAL48P5NJU
youtube.com/watch?v=3WtgmT5CYU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's spacey.

the sun holds 99.8% of the mass in our solar system

It exists...

It's pretty big.

You can fit all the planets in the space between the Earth and Moon with room to spare.

photons sent out by stars exert enough force to make observable changes to the orbit of objects in space

Skorpio intent on hurting people but sagittarius keep his arrow aimed at his heart preventing so

thats completely wrong theres a dickillion of comets and planetoids around sun , whole thing is much heavier than everyone thought

That is not true at all.

its really BIG

i never ignored this fact
but all those planetoids and asteroids are insignificant to my fact

youtube.com/watch?v=M8nUMBtEcvs&index=9&list=FLNxjGM0jA_81pG3RIPhgLww&t=16s

youtube.com/watch?v=udAL48P5NJU

those are bubbles without density

You can't see it.

The pale blue dot is Earth taken by the Voyager 1 space probe from 11 billion miles away as it leaves our solar system and enters interstellar space. The rays of light is cosmic rays.

Second. The distance between voyager 1 and earth. If you had a telescope big enough to zoom in on a person. You'd be seeing them 16-17 hours in the past. Because of how long it takes light to travel that distance. To add on to that. If you were in the Andromeda galaxy ( our closest neighbor ) and you had a telescope big enough to view Earth. You'd be seeing Earth as it was when the he dinosaurs were roaming. Almost like time travel.

That there is the observable Universe, which we can see, and is very large, but that there is also the unobservable Universe .. parts of the Universe that we can't see, and that we will never see. From Inflationary Theory, parts of the unobservable Universe are still expanding at exponential rates, forever beyond our ability to see it. And the size of the unobservable Universe might not just be twice as large, or 25 times as large, or 250 times as large ... it might by orders and orders of magnitude larger. (I read once that one theory had it as 10^23 times as large).

It is amazing, but also a bit sad. I wish I could visit it all.

It's fucking terrifying

shit like this gives me goosebumps. to think that god made this entire universe for us wretched creatures.

How come the sun or any of the other planets are not visible?

black holes fascinate the shit outta me

That it has no end - the question what: is 'space' or the universe itself contained by? Always quite mind boggling.

Finally, something actually legit and fascinating. (Not OP.)

It's finite

>when you're so ignorant
the post

tho its possible you cant prove it

It's where moot is from

If a man ejaculated in space his jizz would either go forever or eventually become a spunk satellite

High energy radiation

all we know is what we can see. and we see next to nothing in comparison to whats out there

It actually has not been proven to be finite, not sure wtf you are talking about...

Is made up of white light painted black to scare human kind

It's just there in the air you can't even touch it

it's generally -450 degrees F

There are more atoms in a grain of sand than the entire universe combined

comets are cumshots of titans

That inner and outer space are infinite

It expands, and retracts forever

42. The answer about universe is always 42.

It's the largest key on the keyboard aka the any key

Space is H U G E.
Many of the galaxies we can see right now will probably have died if we were to ever get even close to reach them.
youtube.com/watch?v=3WtgmT5CYU8

it would actually vaporize due to the intense heat of the suns radiation. if you jizzed into space at night it would flash freeze before being vaporized in the suns rays.

I can fit pluto in my bum.

Don't be ridiculous, you're not op.

The universe is expanding faster than the speed of light

^This is bait

It's was created by Neil degrasse Tyson in his children's books now taken as literal fact when it started as fiction

The distance between mars, sun, etc. They had to have the camera at just the right angle down to the very millimeter just to get earth in the tiny tiny frame.

when I was watching the last image cassini sent of space over saturn I was thinking man it is lonely up there. it is scary but mystifying.

Motherfucker, we're never getting out of our own galaxy or even traveling to another star

Because they're not in the picture

yes. many of the galaxies we can see dont exist anymore. just an image of them from the past as there once light has taken so long to get to us. amazing

we're not the only sentient life forms in the galaxy

those arent part of our solar system

your info went outdated

It takes 170.000 years for the light to go from the core to the corona of the sun due proton density.

Mar's moons, Phobos and Deimos, were most likely captured asteroids, and not formed in orbit with mars itself. Also, Uranus isn't straight like the other planets. Its axis is more than 90 degrees off of its orbital plane.

Pretty sure you're legitimately retarded

provve it

>if you jizzed into space at night it would flash freeze before being vaporized in the suns rays.

Another interesting fact about space: Space is not cold. Vacuum is actually a pretty good isolator and will have most things keep their warmth for a period of time. Your cum might splatter everywhere, but it wouldn't freeze. It may freeze at some point, but it'd take a long time. This also assumes you'd cum reasonably far away from the sun.

we have the tech to send sugar cubed sized robots at 1/3 the speed of light so we will get to other stars. probs not other galaxies.

If the sun were the size of a poppy seed, the earth would be about an inch away, invisible to the naked eye. The nearest star would be 4.3 miles away.

Lies

wow i did not know that
that is so cool!

Bill Nye taught me that gender and sexuality are a spectrum. That's what I know about space.

uranus shows anus to sun and everyone in the system

Astronauts have a problem with over heating, not coldness.
Temperature drainage is mostly depended on molecular contact with material which is simply not given in open space.

NDT is so fucking overrated.

The observable universe is the light from the creation of our space in space it extends and is continually expanding, the light that we see coming off of stars and galaxies are light-years off from where we see it from earth, many planets outside our solar system that we find with super telescopes could most likely be destroyed already or its already years off into its orbit, its just taking that long for the light to hit the telescope, The observable universe is most likely lopsided

In the whole galaxy?
That's a bold claim.

yep, this is why we have vaccuum flasks to keep our drinks hot
the vaccum of space doesnt conduct heat so things stay warm
if you were suddenly dropped into outer space you wouldnt freeze youd stay warm for a long time

They should let some air in, crack a window duh

sos ur mom

What does that make you for replying to the bait?

vacuum is a perfect insulator but things still cool down by blackbody radiation
it does really depends how the semen is front the sun

he's a bit of a smug prick, isn't he

On how far the semen is from the sun****

Kek

the moon is the only body in our solar system that does not spin on its own axis

protip - u cant prove me wrong

The highest mountain known to man is the Olympus Mons, which it located on Mars. It's peak is 15 miles (25km) high, making it nearly 3 times higher then Mount Everest

Assuming you'd be on earth level it would be considerably colder though - the greenhouse effect of earth's athmosphere holds a lot of temperature.

If no external radiation is heating up the body, the rate of energy loss can be estimated with help of the Stefan-Boltzmann formula

|dE/dt|=AσT4b
|dE/dt|=AσTb4
where σ=5.67E−8W/m2/K4σ=5.67E−8W/m2/K4, TbTb is temperature of the object in Kelvins and AA its surface area. For human body, this makes around 500 watts of heat loss. At this rate one would freeze very quickly.

I believe you mean Orion. Orion the great hunter, locked in battle with scorpio. There's a myth for that.

Legitimately retarded, but still

The sun fuses 600 million tons of hydrogen into helium every. second.

Mirrors can't exist because our eyes don't exist.
Also, magnets are magic.

thats becasue its actually a hollow alien spy station

B A I T

So if it isn't straight, is it gay?

I somewhat believe this. I mean yeah science bullshit may say otherwise but come on what do we really know about space as humans

somebody needs to do there homework

Of course Uranus is gay

you apparently

It's gender fluid

also, there's a theory that black holes themselves contain entire universes. I'd like to think it's true but who knows? Personally I'm thinking about committing suicide so to think an entire universe could reside in the very thing I want to kill myself with would be amazing. To think that an

Libtard Alert: If we took all the plastic bottles that America throws away each year and lined them end to end, they would reach halfway to the sun