Is God human?

Is God human?

Yes, from futur, the univers is like the movie "interstellar", but more complexe and different, but same principe

Define God.

Are any of us human? that is the question you should ask yourself

The creator of the universe

God is a Serb.

There is no God, people / our lives are not relevant.

squatting gopnik

God is probably not a man, because man is just a formulation of matter in the 3 Dimensional rhealm. God is the viewer of the three dimension of time frm the pov of the 4th dimension, and his manifestation is unpercievable to humans.

What makes you think there is a such a being?

His name is nanner

God hates mankind. He's just torturing us.

I dont think it experiences life the same way we do. It trancends the Ego, in other words it has no sense of self and has no distinguishment between its self and its surroundings, so it must somehow percieve all points of time in all places at the same instant. And that kind of experience is unfathomable to us.

Okay. That doesn't answer my question though.

Id rather believe that God (or whatever Other is in our minds, watching us grow through time) actually loves us, and puts us through the necessary tests to make us strong and resilient

how could a human create the universe? how could a human have infinite knowledge and power like a god?

god sees all the time, man only sees some of the time. god is always good, man is only sometimes good. the differences between god and man are so vast as to be unimaginable, no two things could be more different

>painful and ultimately fatal diseases make someone strong and resilient
k

I believe there is a being that percieves in such a manner because there is clearly an inexplicable force that moves everything. I dont mean that it picks up and reallocates matter, but rather it is the force that causes change to occur. For exaple, how can you explain how you pump your heart? You are not conscioisly pumping your heart, rather your heart is pumping, somehow. There is a force of some sort that favors interesting events. Its reasonable to think it is a human of some shape or form because humans are unique creatures that enjoy interesting events

if you could explain all the things you were talking about in your post, would that mean you would no longer have a reason to believe in god?

if everything in nature could be explained by reason, would you still be able to believe in god?

Maybe that persons suffering makes another person strong in some way. Its not limited to each individual human. Each human is just a unique manifestation of its divine intention, many of which can certainly be cruel and negative in the most obvious aspects. Its not so black and white like you like to believe. But of course, take what I say with a grain of salt and judge with your own unique mind. These are just my perceptions that I enjoy to build upon

I think God can be what ever it wants to be,if its god it must have the ability to morph into a human,but at its natural form I don't think so

No descartes described god as a perfect substance. He couldnt be man because man isnt perfect. Humans couldnt know everything god knows, however humans have a notion of god or a perfect substance

>clearly an inexplicable force that moves everything
No.
>how can you explain how you pump your heart?
A part of my brain that I don't have conscious control over does it. It's no great mystery.
>There is a force of some sort that favors interesting events
Where?

I believe that the state of being God is the state of perception in which you know all and all is explained with clarity. So if you understood all the inner workings of nature, you wouldnt believe in God because you would be experiencing God's point of view

This makes sense to me, good explanation sir

Is Human God?

>Maybe that persons suffering makes another person strong in some way.
Or maybe that person just died in the gutter alone and forgotten.
>Each human is just a unique manifestation of its divine intention
What does that mean?
>Its not so black and white like you like to believe
Well if this entity existed and we could get our hands on it, we would convict it of crimes against humanity. We figured out a long time ago that doing that sort of thing is wrong.

>where?

he can't tell you where because it doesnt have matter

but consciousness does exist, doesn't it?

ok thats fine, and thats a good explanation

but lets assume that knowledge of the physical world (nature) doesnt involve some supernatural power, ie that it can all be explained by humanly wisdom

would you still be able to believe in god if you knew everything there was to know about nature?

These are all inane accusations and tere IS a mystery in that area. We cant explain how the brain decisevely manifests the decision to make the body work to stay alive.
>where?
There is no location. It doesnt manifest in a material form and has no source of relevance to anywhere else

>but consciousness does exist, doesn't it?
As an emergent property of matter.

just read The Final Question and you'll have your answer

i mean The Last Question

well thats fine and dandy, but now you have the mind-body problem to deal with

how exactly does non material consciousness "emerge" out of material substance?

i think you'd learn more by reading the back of your cereal box

>These are all inane accusations
What accusations did I make?
>We cant explain how the brain decisevely manifests the decision to make the body work to stay alive.
I don't think I understand your question. The brain sends signals to the rest of body. We know how it works.
>It doesnt manifest in a material form
Then how can it affect the material world? What effects does it have?

>how can you explain how you pump your heart

Nerve clusters in your brain send electrical signals to nerves in the chest to release acetylcholine in rythmic intervals causing the muscles in your heart to contract accordingly

God is all that is.

So part of him is

if really is all powerful; humans wouldnt be able to comprehend gods existence. But if god can also do everything, then being human should be easy.

"Bog je Srbin i on će nas čuvati"
words to live by

I like these kinds of existentialist threads but I'm banged outta my mind atm so I'll just bump instead

>what does it mean?
It means that humans play a role in the universe that they arent aware of. They make changes in the material world that cause the butterfly effect and alter things in the environment.
>convict God?
God is most likely not a being who is doing these things, but rather just the force that allows their existence/occurance.

Using the word God is just going to trigger atheist.

Call it the Creator.

Electrochemical signals / brain states. Consciousness isn't a distinct thing of its own.

"The future experiences the barrier of boundaries"

consciousness is non material, consciousness doesnt posses matter, thus it cannot interact with matter (electrochemical signals) because only matter can push against and affect matter

if we say "consciousness does exist" then we have to say it is a "distinct thing of its own", especially when we consider the differences between thought and matter

gods are institutionalized fairy tales

might as well worship Pecos Bill

>They make changes in the material world that cause the butterfly effect and alter things in the environment.
Okay. What does that have to do with anything divine?
>rather just the force that allows their existence/occurance.
Is it a force or is it something with intent that tests people?

Yes, we know the science of how the matter that makes up your body interacts with itself in order to establish functions to stay alive. But what is it that is trying to stay alive? Who is that being behind your eyes, percieving things, hearing thoughts, and trying to learn and grow?

Consciousness "exists" in the way that wetness "exists". Wetness is not an actual thing, it's just an emergent property of a collection of atoms.

These are some good questions that really dont have answers. We dont know enough right now to say for sure.
But the fact that there is stuff we dont know shows me that theres something greater than us that allows this type of occurance. Maybe its a future human? Idk?

Terence McKenna?

wetness is an idea, which doesnt posses matter

if we say "ideas exist" then we have to say "wetness exists like an idea exists"

but it would seem very strange to say "the idea of wetness doesnt exist". after all other ideas exist, like the idea of emergent properties

>But what is it that is trying to stay alive?
A collection of cells.
>Who is that being behind your eyes, percieving things, hearing thoughts, and trying to learn and grow?
A brain.

Is god real?
Are you real, user?

>i think you'd learn more by reading the back of your cereal box
i think you'd comment better by fucking you'r emom

God is merely a creation from a man or woman thousands of years ago to explain the natural phenomenon that they could not explain.

>collection of cells.
What is keeping th cells alive and what wants them to reproduce? Thats not an acceptable response as the same question persists.
>your brain
again, your brain is not the one percieving, it is the material collection of cells that make up your body and such. How do you explain the electrical charges that emit between synapses that some how transport information?

What is 'real'?

>Terence McKenna
I don't know who that is.
Ideas exist as part of the brain states of those who contemplate them. What the idea of wetness points to also exists as a property of a certain configuration of matter.

Judging by sheer coincidence across all religions, I'd say no but likely bipedal humanoid in appearance, at least when it chooses to allow human creation to view one of it's forms. Perhaps it chooses such so as not to overly frighten us but may take other forms to convey ideas to other species. To be quite honest, I believe God to be the universe in which we reside, messengers travel throughout God much like white blood cells in our own bodies, correcting faults or destroying stagnant tissue. The concept of size means very little, this being lives for trillions of years, moves slower than we can perceive. Imagine being on a subatomic particle the size of the sun, you cannot see everything to realize that you are actually standing on part of something bigger but you can measure certain things to know it's bigger. THAT IS GOD.

Very good point, I support your view

Read about metaphysics if you want an anstract answer

More simply, your conciousness is the callaboration of processes in your brain, all the cortices processing reality together, of both hemispheres. Your brain is a biological computer that uses neurotransmitters to send messages throughout your body that may end up in the processing centers of your brain where they construct reality within your perception of it

We don't perceive everything though

Try not to listen to hippies

thats fine, but if the idea exists and then the matter also exists, how do the two interact? since matter requires matter to affect other matter, and thought has no matter

lol its not MY view, its A view

It's chance and statistics. Brain chemistry does all kinds of stuff

Oh, Terence McKenna is a brilliant philosopher who spoke about emergent properties. Nvm.

>for those who contemplate them
So you admit that the brain is not contemplating them by itself. There is a being that is experiencing the brains physicallity that transcends matter

>What is keeping th cells alive
The food that I ingest that gets digested and metabolized.
>what wants them to reproduce
DNA instructions.
>your brain is not the one percieving
It is.
> it is the material collection of cells that make up your body and such
Yep.
>How do you explain the electrical charges that emit between synapses that some how transport information?
They are emitted by the nerve cells. More things that we know about.

Is trombone strawberry? Is fish introspective? Is blue down?

I couldnt imagine an idea that is unimaginable, could you?

Cells are like a machine: as long as the conditions for operation are met, it will continue to operate. Like code in a computer, DNA carries instructions for the replication of cells. A brain is like a computer: it's a network of electronic circuits. Special cells work together in a network. Consciousness is essentially just the "program" our brains run. If our brain was switched off, it would vanish, just like a program terminating without saving if the computer is unplugged.

gods come from legends, legends come from tales, tales come from events, and events come from humans.

when you are at the root of the issue of religion itself, it becomes obvious that events and "outstanding " humans were the origin behind every mythos.

in a very different world, every human had the potential to become a "god". in this age, we have little to no use of religion, so we choose not to understand why we as a species came up with supernatural beliefs in the first place.

gods are an extension of ourselves, and the attributes certain people valued / respected during a certain time period, in a certain environment. due to judeo christian influence, many think of a singular god while most if not all prehistoric religions had not only multiple, but far less "powerful" gods, who were not only murky and vague, but also required specific actions during specific times to be interacted with. this heretical mythos is not only in our shared backround, it is our very nature.

uh no, but i dont see your point

my point is that we CAN see and know ideas, not that we CANT

ideas are clear and distinct to us, we know they are different from matter

when i think of the memory of my brother, its very different than my brother himself

>how do the two interact?
In the way in which I have already stated. The idea exists as part of a brain state, which is material. We use ideas to point to other things, in this case a property of matter, and in this case there is no interaction at all. Your idea of wetness has no impact on the properties of the matter you are identifying as wet.
>So you admit that the brain is not contemplating them by itself.
I admit no such thing, except in the obvious sense that the brain is part of a larger body that it needs and is affected by.
>There is a being that is experiencing the brains physicallity that transcends matter
There is no reason to think there is such a thing.

God's origins are in man and may have originally been human.

how is there no interaction between the two if one exists in the other?

my idea of wetness doesnt affect wetness "in the world" but if my idea of wetness is produced "by the world" (ie my brain, ie matter) then i think its reasonable to ask "how does that occur? when the world is made of matter and my thoughts are not?"

a brain state is not thought, and even if it were you would still have to explain how non physical thoughts are produced by physical matter

Would you say that your perception of your brother is what you see when you are having the idea that you are seeing your brother? How could you know that your idea of him is representitive of something that exists beyond your perception of him?

Depends on. What you mean by God. Do you mean the classic man in the sky? So.e sort of universal energy? The sun? Depends on you buddy, personally I follow the belief of the big bang and science. So to me God is a form of energy amdass that created the universe.

If God is human. He is not god

my past perception of my brother is a thought, my brother himself is an object

because i assume that he's there? what does that have to do witht he difference between thought and matter?

you are technically right, but as a human, you are meant to be wrong about your reality.
every single aspect of our biology is a series of adaptations to promote genetic deviation and survival, and religion was, is and will be an important aspect of our decision making , culture, thought patterns, values, perception of reality, and social contracts.

the idea behind any mythology would make complete sense you one was able to monitor and understand every single aspect of any civilization / collective over generations upon generations.

without religion being important to our species. we would not have it develop at all.
truth does not matter, beliefs that will boost your chances of procreation will always be the majority over the life of our species, even if they themselves change over time.

>try not to listen to hippies
try not to be an over sinicle, close-mined judgemental prick who discredits people based on the way they choose to live their lives. Just because someone looks funny and dabbles in completely harmless mind-altertering substances, which mind you have unfathomable effects on your state of consciousness and generally allow for great wealths of knowledge and wisdom in one's life, does not mean that they should be ejected from your mind and placed in a category of insanity and babbling nonsense. Most know more than you, dont act so high and mighty

A god cannot be a god if he is human

This

Why do YOU like little boys? Are you a homophobe? Did mommy suck off the neighbours dog?

>how is there no interaction between the two if one exists in the other?
>my idea of wetness doesnt affect wetness "in the world"
There you go.
> if my idea of wetness is produced "by the world" (ie my brain, ie matter) then i think its reasonable to ask "how does that occur? when the world is made of matter and my thoughts are not?"
Who says your thoughts are not made of matter?
>a brain state is not thought
Correct, thought is part of a brain state, not all of a brain state.

how could thoughts possibly be made of matter?

thoughts aren't objects nor are they extended in space, therefore they can't possibly be made of matter, since matter be an object extended in space

disagree with you there buddy

if you are truly interest in why mythology exists, look into history. (you know, where most events have occurred)
while the past, present and future are all happening at once, we cannot see the present, nor the future, we live in a perpetual past, and try to learn from it.

right now, either lurk more, or fuck off and read a book

God is not human, nut humans are one way though which the universe can experience itself

Lets not become uncivil here, you have some points but lets not go wild there buddy

Im high right now, retard. Just because you smoke pot doesnt mean you dont have to also bathe, learn, and spell cynical correctly. Dont be a fuckin strereotype and go find some fuckin real knowledge.

>thoughts aren't objects
Your brain is an object. Your thoughts are part of your brain.

but all the parts of my brain are objects which have matter and are extended in space

thought doesnt have matter nor is it extended in space

why would you mention those 3 things?

you are inferring that those things are shameful and bad

while in reality, any action any human can take does not innately have amoral value.

anything one can do, they should do.

if you want to hear no evil, speak no more

Thoughts are organized formations of electrons and essentially just like a program on a computer. Memories are physical structures in the brain made using chemicals.

>thought doesnt have matter nor is it extended in space
Says who?

what is "extended in space"

autism incarnate?

thats fine, but how do they occur if thought doesnt have material substance?

uh idk i guess everyone

you could argue that the idea of "mass" takes up mass but then you'd start to sound very silly

posses extension, matter, a body, thoughts dont have a body

>Im not a hippie, just defending their right to a voice
>only ever hear the word cynical, dont read it anywhere very much, my mistake
>not talking about pot, try 6g of dried shrooms, 350mg of LSD, or 200mg of DMT and you'll learn a few things there bud

i think youre confusing the parts of the brain with thought

the objects which cause though to occur are not the same things as thought itself

yea man

He's not talking about the physical or chemical processes that cause thoughts or memory. He's talking about the thought, as a whole, being greater than the sum of its parts.