/bbg/ - Beach Boys General

Surfing Moses Edition

What is your favorite Beach Boys album?

What are your favorite Beach Boys songs?

Who is/are your favorite members?

Thoughts on Sunshine Tomorrow?

Any favorite Beach Boys books, films (besides Love and Mercy),videos or articles?

Favorite Bootlegs or unreleased material?

What should the band do next year for 2018 and the Friends 50th anniversary?

Discuss any news, upcoming releases, tour dates or anything Beach Boys/Brian Wilson related here

If you're musically inclined, show us your Beach Boys covers and interpretations of Beach Boys songs on vocaroo

Previous thread:
Maybe my favorite album from the late 60s era. Time To Get Alone is worth the price of admission alone

It came out in '69

Neat. Do you know what show that was?

There are a few songs that a friend showed me by other bands in the 60s that basically stole melodies from the Beach Boys songs already. One was almost a direct copy of Heroes and Villains, retitled something else w/ different lyrics and there are some others, but idr their names

I always thought Summer Days was pretty well known, maybe a bit overrated imo (some great songs though - girl don't tell me, let him run wild, etc). All Summer Long is really great and worth a listen

Other urls found in this thread:

albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.mx/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-2004.html
youtube.com/watch?v=C6_YoVlsSk4
youtube.com/watch?v=20l4v2ihN5M
gottahaverockandroll.com/beach_boys_brian_wilson__i_get_around__handwritten-lot18765.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=yuWp4UMJzCk
youtube.com/watch?v=vKOItN0JiSc
youtube.com/watch?v=TSpXaR9YgUg
warnakeysbeachboysblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/
bootlegzone.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33988&start=0
guitars101.com/forums/f90/beach-boys-rarities-volumes-1-18-a-130857.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thank you for answering my thing on 20/20.

Does someone know why on a lot of live recordings you can barely hear Al's guitar? I find it very strange, or is it just buried way down in the mix?

yeah all summer long is great too. I found some cool Brian interviews

who ran the iron horse?
who ran the iron horse?
who ran the iron horse?
who ran the iron horse?
who ran the iron horse?
who ran the iron horse?
who ran the iron horse?

last one

> →
>Neat. Do you know what show that was?
Pittsfield Boys Club '66

PLEASE does anyone have the link to the mix of BWPS and the smile sessions? it's on a blogspot, soniclover something. best version I've heard

I made a mix on spotify of the Dominic Priore mix but idk if it's searchable

This one?
albumsthatneverwere.blogspot.mx/2013/09/the-beach-boys-smile-2004.html

yes sir. so ahead of its time.

reminder that Sup Forumscore is objectively bad

but only kid A and ok computer are Sup Forumscore

though those albums are quite bad

>Aenima
>All things must pass

>Sup Forums core is objectively bad

>Pet Sounds is Sup Forumscore

>not being able to read

???

Either you don't know how greentexting works or you can't read. I was defending Pet Sounds from morons who think that OK computer is the end-all be-all of music

Alright.. I get it now

have a picture

post rare mikes

Incredible idea for gaslighting, sonny! Sorry about Cornell and Bennington!

This is probably my favorite American Spring song

youtube.com/watch?v=C6_YoVlsSk4

Nice stuff man. Thanks for the share

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Mike's daughter is a qt. Is she still performing with California Saga?

>Nice stuff man. Thanks for the share
I love how driven Brian was in those days. He was immensely talented, ambitious, and lucky to have gotten so far

I like that song, I really need to look into more of their stuff. If you are into american spring you might like this interview
youtube.com/watch?v=20l4v2ihN5M

If I had money I would have bid on this in a heartbeat, assuming it's legit
gottahaverockandroll.com/beach_boys_brian_wilson__i_get_around__handwritten-lot18765.aspx

That whole LP is full of great stuff.

Yeah, I've heard that interview before, it's nice. I know people think Brian was on coke during it (but then they say that about pretty much every interview from this period where he's lucid).

Love Marilyn and Diane's voices

This beats the Beach Boys version imo:
youtube.com/watch?v=yuWp4UMJzCk

Their Good Time is pretty good too

And of course Sweet Mountain, Flowers Come in the Spring, and a really cool version of Tennessee Waltz

The Dennis version of Flowers Come in the Spring is pretty interesting (called Fallin'). I believe he wrote it
youtube.com/watch?v=vKOItN0JiSc

This song Brian wrote about Marilyn from 76/77 is pretty cute
youtube.com/watch?v=TSpXaR9YgUg

The synth on Love You is killing me.

>This song Brian wrote about Marilyn from 76/77 is pretty cute

Ha. I was just coming to this thread to post that as an example of one of my favorite unofficially released/bootlegged BB songs. May the UK copyright laws never change because, that (hopefully) eventual Love You reissue is one of the reissues/expansions from The Beach Boys I'm looking forward to the most.

Like I'm sure pretty much nearly all the reissues that they will hopefully do will have something neat & new/better to our ears to here but, without a doubt the reissues/expanded editions I'm looking forward to the most are Friends, Sunflower, and Love You.

That sounds great. I can't believe I've never really listened to any BW productions that weren't the beach boys. I only just found Guess I'm Dumb after glen campbell died.

It's great, really all of the "California Feeling" album/bootleg is among my favorite material from their entire catalog. I would KILL for a Love You release with the extra 76 era material or even better a proper Adult/Child + California Feeling release... not to mention the Bedroom Tapes. It's crazy how much incredible material was passed on and never released in favor of lesser tracks that made up their later albums. I really thought there'd be some Love You 40th release last year but I guess not. 2026 I guess?

>I really thought there'd be some Love You 40th release last year

I would love that or even some sort of Brian Wilson Loves You tour that some people thought might happen but, I think the thing to remember is these reissues mainly happen because of some law in the UK that is something along the lines of "unreleased material older than 50 years becomes public domain in the United Kingdom" so yeah, would be pleasant surprise to see a 76/Love You collection sooner than we thought but, if not that, as long as the UK copyright laws continue to hopefully be what we are there's pretty much no doubt we'll get one in/by 2026.

What era/year is My Solution from? That's one I'm really surprised didn't make it to Made in California.

Do you have the Rarities bootleg and Get the Boot? I can hook you up with some mega links

ITT

I just don't think there's enough public interest for any of the less commercial stuff. Maybe we can get a 50th with some bedroom tapes, but it seems unlikely while Brian is still alive

I love that The Beach Boys are seen as elitist fedora tippers' music that's great

Does anybody know where I can find the complete Unsurpassed masters bootlegs? I'm missing a couple volumes sadly

so you're the one who made this thread right?

>will be 59 when that Summer in Paradise 50th expansion comes out

HEY NOW

Not really sure what year My Solution is from, I would guess late 60s/early-mid 70s but I'm really not sure. Yeah, while MIC was great, there's still a lot of stuff they didn't include

I used to have them but my HDD with most of my music failed recently. I would appreciate it.

Yeah, that's a shame. Brian and his band (inc. Al and Blondie) did play Honkin' Down the Highway last year from Love You but yeah, I couldn't see there being enough interest for a tour playing the entire album. What I really can't believe was that they passed on a Smiley Smile/Wild Honey 50th tour in favor of yet another Pet Sounds tour (yawn), while I did see them again this year, it wasn't quite as good as last year imo. I would like to see Mike and Bruce if they came as I hear they're doing some Wild Honey related set.

>He is a big man
For you

yes

most of the links are bad because it's like 10 years old, but some still work
warnakeysbeachboysblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/
good one:
bootlegzone.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33988&start=0

another one that I haven't downloaded yet. I'm not sure which one is better. The first one is all flac but they're sourced from 160k mp3s so that's pointless

forgot link
guitars101.com/forums/f90/beach-boys-rarities-volumes-1-18-a-130857.html

THERE'S A RIOT GOIN' ON