Is there really an audible fucking difference or is it just people being autistic who say there is?

Is there really an audible fucking difference or is it just people being autistic who say there is?

>muh bitrate

>muh 24 bit

>muh loudness war

>muh 500 dollar memephones

Why are audiophiles so retarded?

If you haven't done an ABX test yet you claim to tell the difference between both you are full of shit.
Even people who can actually tell the difference listen to music in lossy formats such as 96 opus (which is only slightly better than 128 mp3).

>downloaded_with_youtube_downloader_192kbps_free.mp3

You are the kind of person to buy thousand dollar HDMI cables and say they can tell the difference

I'm not gonna pretend I can hear the difference between 320 and flac, but I use lossless for archiving and mp3 v0 for my phone/laptop. Like everyone should. Playing flac on a phone or PMP is inane.

This guy gets it. It's a good idea to use FLAC for archiving. You could still go lower than V0 though.

not him but get fucked faggot

digital sucks no matter how "high quality" the file is. Buy it on tape or vinyl you fucking plebs

you are the kind of person that listens to music on youtube

One of the advantages of lossless is that at any given time I can convert it to whatever I want without quality loss. Opus just recently gained popularity and is an objectively better choice that MP3 for lossy music (So is AAC), but you can't convert MP3 to Opus without errors, whereas with FLAC I can. Hard drive space is cheap as fuck nowadays so why not use the best?

>Digital copy pressed onto vinyl

lmao

obviously no-name trash artists will put up free download links even in wav to promote their shitty work.

Nothing wrong with using flac on a hifi pmp

there's no reason to get a flac unless you're some autist and convert files or something
320 kbps does it's job fine and doesn't take much space
it's a fucking attrocity to have one album take 500mb of hdd space

That's from my purchase library jackass but whatever

take a flac and mp3 of the same song, align them in audacity, then subtract the mp3
What's left is what you're missing by listening to mp3. It's actually quite a lot.

Right now I'm listening to music on a 480p youtube video with skullcandys on my phone

That's my fucking problem

Imagine being this retarded.
The only thing that matters is when the Vinyl is mastered differently, which isn't often.

This guy gets it. I still don't convert my music to opus though (nor have i downloaded my library flac yet).

Except for the fact that you can't tell teh difference and is a waste of space.

Unless you have an HDD, in which case storage isn't a concern unless you go mobile.

Not really. mp3 uses some psychoacoustic models to remove stuff you can't actually hear.

I can tell the difference, but it's fuck all of a difference and I listen for concepts so lossless quality means shit to me. I don't have bullshit, overpriced equipment either... But I do get my favourite stuff in flac out of habit. I also filter for flac on soulseek, more as a precaution.

You can tell the difference if you have hardware to support. It's not hard to understand, retards.

>You could still go lower than V0 though.
Why would I need to? At V0, I can fit a month of music on a 64GB MicroSD card. Storage is cheap.

still for example if you have 1TB only for music that leaves what.... 500 albums? that's a really low count if you're a music fan

I can hear the difference in the distinct sounds made between 320 kbps and 192 kbps

>not true by the way
Do an ABX test and then come back, retard.

ABX test results?

Because 64 GB of music in a phone isn't much. I always find myself wishing I had loaded some specific songs instead of the ones I have because of low storage space, so transcoding to lower would be better (and odds are you still can't tell the difference).

>not buying 8 TBs HDD
But yeah, you might be right, I still don't redownload my library in flac.

My FLAC library is 2425 albums. It takes up 932GB. Even if you're talking about Vinyl rip 24-bit stuff, you can still fit more than 500 albums on a 1TB hard drive.

how big do you think an album in FLAC is
an average album takes up between 250-300MB
that's between 3000-4000 albums

Not really, just FLAC preserves its quality more when down-converted into other formats.

>A month of music on a phone isn't much
Maybe if you're in the military on deployment.

Because the best seeded torrents on RED (and WCD at the time) are FLAC. Hell sometimes there aren't even any V0 or 320 to grab even if I wanted to.

>RED
pleb

Depends on the music you listen to and the way you listen to it.

If you listen to XXXTentacion on your cheap PC speakers that's your deal.