Can someone post non meme Brazillian food

It's a big country with lots of cultural influences but Brazillian food outside of the steakhouses are an unknown

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_tK7PwsdPxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They have some monkey Alá planche when possible

cafe com pao uma delicia

What's with eating beans and rice with every meal? Just seems like flavorless filler.

how common is monkey soup? Is it like burgers to us?

Açaí

Yes. The cheaper monkeys like mandrils and macas are eaten by the poor, while the more wealthy dine on gorillas or orangutang. The word orangutan litteraly means tasty stew in brazilian.

Tapioca crepe

What kind of meat is that inside?

>french bread with shitty robusta tier coffee
kys

macaco meat of course

It' cheap, you can buy everywhere and by itself is already a healthy food. People eat only that when they can't afford meat simply because by the price you buy meat for a week, you could buy rice and bean for a month.
Also, it's goes fantastic with farinha temperada.
do americans microwave their macaco soup?

Bat meat

UMA

You are unfunny mohamed, go back to your rapes.

Yes common as jew cuckholding, you must try

Carne Seca.

It's like dry-aged beef. But cheaper

DELICIA

é uma delícia?

youtube.com/watch?v=_tK7PwsdPxk

that's literally every latin country..

that's eastern european tier user.

I bet the bun has a thin layer of margarine and a slice of salami in it. Maybe some cucumbers too, if you're from a rich area

beef but i prefer it with chicken, tomato, oregano, cheese, and butter

You sound salty. Calm down and have a nice sopa de macoco, newfriend. UMA DELICIA.

This ice-cream like açaí it's a meme, sorry bro. Real açaí SUCKS.

It's just a tasteless berry and it's not even served cold to disguised the flavor. It tastes like actual soil. This açaí is served cold and mixed with sugar, bananas and powndred guaraná.

Is feijoada common across the country?

Caipirinha

it's still good meme or not
Brazil seems to mostly have mediocre food but i do like some stuff i should probably go outside of Rio for good food eh?

Every Latin American country eats rice and beans.

Do you think we can afford salami and cumcumbers? You spoiled rich kids make me sick.

Jokes aside. Even upper middle-class or rich brazilians who manage to escape from poverty, still eats a single bread grilled with butter and a mug of coffe and milk.

Old habits die hard.

Try the grilled meats. Probably the best part of Brazillian cuisine IMO.

Very
For some reason almost all restaurants around here (including the Goodyear and CAT one apparently) put feijoada on the wednesday's packed lunch. Not a good choice for people who work inside machines, but, hey, it tastes great

(pic related)

é nao, sopa de macaco é melhor

No kidding, but the best part of our national foods are the fried ones and candy.
But since the fried ones are almost all adaptations of foreign food (Pastel for example), i think it's fair to say Brazil's best at candies.
Have you ever eaten Paçoca? It's amazing. Pé de Muleque, Açai, Canjica, Brigadeiro, Pamonha, Doce de Abobora,Tapioca and Rapadura are all things i always took for granted and was actually quite impressed when i discovered that they don't sell those on the rest of the world when i was a kid. You should try some.

not a big fan of sweets
I did like Açai and Tapioca(surprise)
I'll try them out though next time I visit which may be this year but the whole political situation makes me kind of meh about going now.

>the whole political situation
?

Is this canjica? I just ate canjica. It's great.

And yes. Rio is well know in Brazil for it's shit food. It's the major touristic city in south america and yet we have no michelin stars in the state and most of the restaurants serve food ripped off from ohter regions of the country. It's expensive to eat in Rio and there are very few good places to eat around.

If you like fish and sea food in general you should go to the State of Bahia in the northeast. If you rather eat meat as in a barbecue, the best place in the south. Rio grande do sul.

Good food in general is mostly the cousine from Minas Gerais and São Paulo.

It's mungunzá. Canjica is this on pic.

>Rio is well know in Brazil for it's shit food
>Good food in general is mostly the cousine from Minas Gerais and São Paulo.
I'm from Minas but I've lived both in Rio and São Paulo.

Rio has better food by far (compared to Rio). São Paulo has better high end restaurants. But for every day food, there's no competition. Rio is miles ahead than SP.

Minas Gerais has the best food in the country.

>São Paulo.

Anything noteworthy about cuisine there? I just assumed it was a world city and didn't have anything that noteworthy

>(compared to São Paulo)
Fix'd.

>And yes. Rio is well know in Brazil for it's shit food. It's the major touristic city in south america and yet we have no michelin stars in the state and most of the restaurants serve food ripped off from ohter regions of the country. It's expensive to eat in Rio and there are very few good places to eat around.

Figures, this is why I wanted to avoid going to Rio but i still enjoyed it despite all the memes

>If you like fish and sea food in general you should go to the State of Bahia in the northeast
Ha I fucking love fish I guess I have to go to Bahia what are some good cities?

>Good food in general is mostly the cousine from Minas Gerais and São Paulo.
Nice i'll have to widen my horizons for the next trip

I want to avoid any "happenings"

This is curau, pic related is canjica

I guess the feijoada in Rio is the best. I like the empadas they make there as well.

saw them everywhere and yet never tried them
same
What kind of food is your state known for?

The term in english is jerked beef

uh
São Paulo is a state
Countryside culture sort of born here along with most of the typical Caipira dishes.

That's canjica. In your picture, it's mungunzá.

Minas food is mostly based around rice, farinha, feijão, pork, cured meat and collard greens. And other simple ingredients, nothing special. What sets it apart are the spices and preparation.

São Paulo food is bland and tasteless most of the time. Some dishes may have been invented there but you don't know how to prepare it. Rio food is better than yours.

Feijoada. It's literally uma delicia.

hey pal i didn't said we had better food or what
são paulo food is great in my opnion, but,i'm a paulista so i'm a bit biased there.
don't be so hostile irmão

>spices
That's all you needed to say my man
nice presentation

Is Minas Gerais mostly European?

Literally the best thing. lol

No, maybe their buildings at best.
They're their own thing. If i ever got choose who best represent the good things of Brazil i'd pick them. Too bad they've always been left on the dark by the tourism sector in favour of cash-grabbing boring beaches

STOP POSTING THESE I'M FUCKIN HUNGRY REEEEEEEEEE

I feel violated desu. Food threads should be banned.

Legit Brazilian food actually looks pretty good.

theres a board for this you monkey soup loving FUCKS

>Bahia what are some good cities?

Quite honestly I've only been there once. I don't like the place too much, it looks like a downgraded Rio.

but fuck, they cook good. Bahia is the state in brazil with the highest black population. In the capital, salvador, more then 90% the population is african tier black, not even mixed. It's probably the place who received slaves the most in the atlantic slave trade.

So the african influences are everywhere, but they do a good job mixing this with our portuguese heritage and creating dishes like moqueca. Which I like very much.

The most famous dish However is sold as street food in Salvador. Acarajé.

It's a savory pastry made with black-eyed peas beans, deep fried in palm oil, served with vatapá (a paste made with nuts like peanuts or cashews), caruru (a stew of okra), dried shirmp and a vinagrette salad. Spicy red pepper sauce is optional. It's worth every penny if look for a good one.

The thing about Sao Paulo is that they have everything there. You can eat a great moqueca or acarajé without actually going to a fucked up state. And if feel like it you can eat the best italian pizza in the world or a award winning sushi that competes with sushi bars based in japan.

But the countyside of são paulo has a food of it's own. It's old fashioned but it's really good as well. The first thing that's comes to my mind are the stews they make with chicken or sweet water fishes. Frango com panela

Sorry, I didn't want to be hostile.

Minas Gerais, like most places in Brazil, has white, mixed race and black people. According to latest stats it's 45% white, 45% mixed and 10% black. Make it 30% white, 60% mixed and 10% black and it's probably reasonable.

Whites in MG are mostly Portuguese or Italian. They tend to be darker, Mediterranean-like. Pardos are mostly white/indio (northern MG) or white/black (southern MG). Blacks from MG are cool. MG has few asians.

Selton Mello is a famous actor from Minas Gerais.

Has Italian cuisine made a huge inroads in Brazil like it did in the US?

Mainly in São Paulo, Paraná and Rio Grande do Sul

>Whites in MG are mostly Portuguese or Italian

This means no white people whatsoever according to Sup Forums

Minas Gerais is what happens when a portuguese man decides to be a cowboy.

It's our versionb of th west. The gold rush created it, but the good farmland and the dairy and cattle industries made people stay.

Very tradional and conservative people. Very catholic and so on.

Sure, I mean in the Brazilian race system.

Yeah for Sup Forums standards whites are a minority in MG, though we do have some blondies. The hottest mineira is a pardinha though.

>Minas Gerais is what happens when a portuguese man decides to be a cowboy.

kek, you could sum up all major br states with that sentence and a few changes:

>Rio Grande do Sul is what happens when a portuguese man decides to be a gay cowboy.

>Rio de Janeiro is what happens when a portuguese man decides to be negro cowboy.

>Paraiba is what happens when a portuguese man decides to be a desert cowboy.

>São Paulo is what happens when a portuguese man decides to be a factory cowboy.

and so on