Tfw music is no longer enjoyable

>tfw music is no longer enjoyable

*National anthem and cup of tea*

Part of getting older and maturing.

But no music? No music at all?

You can listen to it and appreciate it for it's artistic value properly, without childish emotions getting in the way.

Artistic value means nothing if you can't enjoy it.

>tfw you have a butt for a crotch

>childish emotions

Emotions just develop as you mature, they don't disappear. Music still has emotional impact when you're grown.

t. 19

t. rips

Enjoy killing yourself when you reach 26 then.

How is projecting improving your argument in the slightest?

lol it dies by around your 30s for everyone.

projectionnn

It happens to everyone during their 30s at the latest, you just don't get goosebumps or a buzz anymore.

>everyones you

i know plenty of older dudes who are still passionate about music

I don't think you know what I mean. This isn't about music losing its edge or freshness after adolescence, but losing the ability to derive pleasure from music itself, which is exponentially worse. When you reach that point, artistic merit and everything else are completely irrelevant.

I'm really sorry if that's the case for you, but what makes you think that what changes with your response will change the same way at the same time for everyone?

Have you considered that you may just need some more outlandish music to summon that sort of response again?

Enjoy then.

They're just hanging onto teenage dreams and feelings that don't exist anymore.

*tips*

What?

Hey i'm just telling you what has happened to me and dozens of other people i've spoken to. It's literally just aesthetic now, there is no 'buzz'.

You clearly haven't matured yet

lmao imagine being so depressed that you think this way. Youre obviously projecting. Theyre not hanging on to anything. Theyre just good normal dudes who like music.

Look i know it's hard for you to grasp in your youthful reality, but shit don't feel as good when you get older. Don't argue with me, argue with God or nature or whatever.

Just wait and mark my words dude.

dude, not everyone thinks like you. I know damn well I'll enjoy music for most of my life. just like my dad and his dad.

Are you being obtuse on purpose? Everyone knows you can't replicate the feel of discovering a bunch of amazing genres when you're a kid, and coming across an album you randomly love gets more difficult as time goes on, but that's not all there is. You can become physically unable to enjoy music due to your brain's chemistry - even if you've got absolutely no way to feel good otherwise. Google "musical anhedonia", I'm not making this up.

>tfw when you can't listen to any other music without being out and resort to listen avant-garde and noise jazz

>without being out
i meant bored

not that guy but holy shit that would be terrible not understanding the rewarding nature of music

I'm almost 30. Thanks, asshole

try literature

That doesn't work either.