Alright I know this might work better at /trv/ but I think Sup Forums has a more varied user-base which means more...

Alright I know this might work better at /trv/ but I think Sup Forums has a more varied user-base which means more diverse answers. I'm going to travel around in South America in the coming summer and I've already planned what to do, where to go and what to see in the various countries I plan to visit but there is one thing I haven't really thought of. I don't know much about the cuisine in the cunts I'll visit so I was hoping that you guys (both the locals and the visitors) would give me some recommendations on what food to try based on my given route.

Here is my list of travel destinations
1. Rio
2. Brasilia
3. Asuncion
4. Rosario
5. Buenos Aires
6. Montevideo
7. Santiago

Other urls found in this thread:

losalfajores.blogspot.com.ar/2013/09/mi-nueva-lista-de-los-15-mejores.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_of_the_Seven_Lakes
youtube.com/watch?v=x2VPxsFZzSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>in the coming summer
bring a light coat, it would be winter here
>3. Asuncion
meme city, skip it don't visit

>Not going to punta del este nor bariloche/puerto varas"

here in chile , in santiago you should go to " la piojera " or "el hoyo" for typical food

Why would you visit Brasília? Such a boring city.

Brasilia is only nice if you like architecture 2bqf. Go to the Northeast, Amazon, SP, Pantanal or Floripa 2bh

I'm a capital autist, I want to at least spend a day in each countries capital.
The destinations are more of a general guideline of how we're going to travel rather than a set up plan. Chile will be the last destination but we're not sure about the details.
Noted

Rio: pastel, feijoada
Brasília: anything from the northeast and central-west regions, especially tapioca, churrasco, pamonha, acarajé, feijão tropeiro, pão de queijo, xica doida, goiabada

this

I went to Belem last year and it was really great, super friendly people.

Fug I just realized that he was talking about the Noreast of Brasilia. But still, Belem is great.

Also, Marajó.

Belém has really weird food though. And it's kind of a dirty city and very violent.

The best food in Brazil is in the northeast and from Minas Gerais.

OP, it'd be better to visit Salvador and/or Ouro Preto.

go to the Northeast, it got the most unique culture in Brazil 2bqf. And it's so beautiful and tropical, got tons of history, food is unique and great also. Many Brazilians spend their vacations there
I was talking about the Northeast of Brazil you were right :)

I went to Lima this year and I miss Peruvian food so much.

You guys have the best food in South America by far.

I'd say he should also drink our fruit juices, national and region specific types.

I never noticed any kind of violence.

Thanks.

>I'm a capital autist
ayy lmao
>I don't know much about the cuisine
if that's the only thing you want to know about Asuncion i can tip you one certain lunch spots that ARE NOT Lido Bar. what more you want to know?

>buenos aires
why
Just go to San Martin De Los Andes or the south of the country

>I'm a capital autist, I want to at least spend a day in each countries capital.
I'm the same

yes, like cajá, tamarindo, jaboticaba, garapa...
i forgot to mention that espetinho can be really great while walking around the city

but buenos aires is awesome

Because it's the "Paris" of Latin america according to your countrymen

and it is

only ONE borough though

Alright if I was to start from the Northeast what towns/cities do you think we should see?

Anything on the road between Brazil and Argentina that you recommend stopping by for?

As mentioned before I could skip it but I'd rather see the capital at least for a day if I'm visiting a cunt. It makes me feel weird to have visited Italy 3 times and never been to Rome.

>on the road between Brazil and Argentina
wait you driving by or you taking airplane?

Driving until Uruguay, plane to Chile and then home, that's the general idea at least.

It's called that because just like the real Paris, BA is filled with niggers
>6. Montevideo
I hope you like BBQ
When I went to visit my sister that was all I ate.

You are going to drive from Río to Asunción?

Salvador and Recife. The two cultural city poles of Northeastern Brazil. Also look out for tropical beaches and landscapes somewhat far from the cities. The cities are good for the museums, music, food and other stuff. The most awesome beaches are somewhat far from the city. Also it's good to know some portuguese at least to get by

you should travel west to east instead, it makes more sense. especially with all the recommendations of visiting Brazil's nordeste, you should end your trip there

Alright noted, thanks.

> I'm going to travel around in South America
Pay everything with local currency or you'll get scammed, hold your camera/phone with both your hands or you might lose it, pay attention to traffic

Rosario is pretty boring.. You should've booked Bariloche it's the best city for tourists in Argentina. I highly recommend you change that city

> I don't know much about the cuisine in the cunts

Well if you're aiming for candy my suggestion is everything made by Arcor, especially Bon o Bon, for example this box of chocolates that only costs around 9 USD and has 30 units.

Also buy alfajores (You'll need a lot of them, Argentina is the largest manufacturer and consumer btw so there are a lot of noticeable different brands)

Example:
losalfajores.blogspot.com.ar/2013/09/mi-nueva-lista-de-los-15-mejores.html

You can find any of these at a local stores ("kiosco")

Eat the sopa de macaco, it's delicious

Also consider that the southern hemisphere has the opposite season.

Even though fancy restaurants will try to sell you rare food, I think the most common food here is Milanesa, try Milanesa napolitana if you like cheese at any restaurant, btw 3rd of may is the national day of this food here.

Pic related is bigger than usual

Also this is Mantecol, another local candy made of peanuts, you'll find them at kioscos too.

Try the Sopa de Macaco, in rio. It's uma delícia.

>Mantecol
no podés ser más pobo, pobo

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Replace Brasilia with Sao Paulo, Brasilia is just this fake city that has nothing in it but politicians and bureaucrats.

SP and Rio are the Brazilian cultural capitals.

I fucking love mantecol man

Sos una basura de "persona"

no soy el mismo user pero que les pasa con el mantecol?

a ése ni idea qué le pica pero si era yo le decía al gringo que compre esos alfajores artesanales más caros, que se joda por cheto ajaj

>Rosario

Go down south to Bariloche, San Martín de los Andes, El Chaltén or wherever else.
You could also do the Road of the 7 lakes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_of_the_Seven_Lakes

Hope I don't see you in a rekt or gore thread (hope I do)

Wherever you go, don't forget about the cachaça

try the sopa

blast this song the whole trip
youtube.com/watch?v=x2VPxsFZzSA

Don't be shy, come over Sven

I hope you are good with the street smarts otherwise you are going to end up someones soup.

cute doggo of wisdom

If you're going to Buenos Aires and Montevideo, you need to eat asado in both. There's plenty of beef in both, and Uruguay also has goat for you to try.
As mentioned before, Argentine candy is a must. Anything by Arcor or Fel Fort, alfajores, or hell, even just pure Dulce de Leche (although you'll find this everywhere in SA). Give also a chance to mate and facturas (pastries) for breakfast.
Try empanadas and milanesas, as well. They are the Argentine fast food of excellence.

>1. Rio
If you value your well-being, don't.

> Rosario

>Rio

Why?

>Anything on the road between Brazil and Argentina that you recommend stopping by for?

Where are you planning on crossing over? Bear in mind that a lot of rental car agencies don't let you cross overland.

I'm spending a month in Brazil in July, three weeks on a road trip and a week in Rio. I'm going Rio - Minas Gerais - Sao Paulo - Parana - Santa Catarina then back to Rio.

I'm only planning on crossing overland into Argentina for the day to see the other side of Iguaçu falls, and will be staying on the Brazilian side.

I wish you luck with your journey, but there's tons of cool sites in the South you'll be missing out on. I'm sure the other BR anons here can suggest some other alternatives to Brasilia (especially on a road trip).

Come to Florianopólis - Brazil. We have the best beaches.

Yes.. Come to the north... Do it! Do it or ill rip your fucking eyes off and stick em in your urethra

>a week in Rio
must you really do this

why you'd recommend Florianópolis in winter? tell them to visit somewhere comfy where they can drink coffee instead

No se dan cuenta que dan verguenza?

no te das cuenta que sos un mongólico contrariador? volvé al nido

No

Why not? There's so much to do in that city. I'm planning on renting an apartment close to the beach

while I concur, in winter Florianópolis is a dead city. He'll enjoy Northeast way more.

i hope your trip is uma delicia

>Asuncion
who in his right mind would EVER want to go there

>Rosario
boring as shit

>not including valparaíso, puerto varas, valdivia, punta arenas or pucón

it's just such a meme dangerous city, and anywhere outside Leblon doesn't justify being there
you'd rather be in a comfier and smaller town

it is a meme city aussie bro
stay there a day, take some picture and run for the other cities.
don't even need to get out of RJ state, just go to safer and different cities to keep your list diverse

Pro tip: Never trust any city claiming to be paris but paris itself.

Rio and Manaus also claim to be "Tropical Paris". They're not

i'm from Rosario op... LA CUNA DE LA BANDERA :)! tell me if you have any question

>visiting rosario
i guess you are coming for them ladys?

I would like to visit assunción. Have you ever watched "7 cajas" Also, It's the mercedez-benz capital of the world FYI

>Have you ever watched "7 cajas"
don't tell you watched that movie kek

I'm visiting a lot of the South and will be going to Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Floripa, Curitiba etc as well.

I know it's dangerous near the favelas but surely sticking to Copacabana and Ipanema I'll be fine. There just seems more to do in Rio for tourists than anywhere else: Beaches, Night Clubs, Football Games etc.

Watched in the movie theather

>Floripa
don't forget to give us a call!

Do you need any tips for brasilia?

What the fuck do you think you'll be doint in places like Asuncion,Brasilia and Rosario besides getting mugged? those cities have nothing to offer specially to an European.
Your entire trip route is complete garbage.
Here is a better one:
1-Rio
2-Buceos
3-Buenos Aires
4-Mendoza
5-Bariloche
6-Araucania
7-Santiago

Our countrymen also claim to be legendary grillers and that dulce de leche is something to write home about
Never trust an Argie that says good things about Argentina.those people have never been outside of Latin America.

You should be able to try this in the first two destinations. If you come to Ecuador, don't try the fucking guinea pigs.

how is that a good thing

The southern cone is overrated, I'd rather travel to Perú and Bolivia to visit Machi Picchu and Salar de Uyuni

Lmao you call our countries overrated while recommending an European to go deep into one of the poorest regions in the world to see some mediocre ruins that are in a worse state than ancient Greek ruins depite being built in the high middle ages

Hey man, I'll happily come visit. I'm keen to met a local. Have you got a throwaway email or something?

If I were european I'd consider more interesting to visit cool nature wonders and ancient ruins than a shitty copy of any european city like Bs As

Not for the moment. 1 week prior to your visit, create a thread and I'll create one.

Numbers prove you wrong, more people come to Buenos Aires than to Peru or Colombia.
The most visited destinations are Mexican and Dominican beaches though.

You do have to bear in mind that the major international transit hubs in South America are Buenos Aires, Santiago and Rio. Even if people aren't staying in the city and flying onto Congolombia, they will need to go through one of these cities.

why would anybody go trough buenos aires to go into congolombia

I already knew that, that's why I said southern cone is overrated

Do you like soup?

Might be wrong but I think that Rio is the main one. Plenty of people doing connection flights every time I've been there, Ezeiza or Santiago don't even come close to the amount of people that get to Rio (totally my opinion from experience tho).

You guys eat chicken blood you sick fuck

If you think that sopa the macaco is uma delicia, then yeah I recommend you Brazil, otherwise...I don't understand why anybody would willingly go to a 80% black country with cannibalistic tendencies and where simian broths are considered an exquisity.

I think you are confusing SP with Rio.

I'm sure you know more about the world than middle/upper class Europeans.

Im not sure about the world, but for sure i know more about south america than the average middle/upper class european. It's a matter of taste anyway

>not coming to Colombia
cunt

duuude
bundas
lmao

the bunda is worth it
amazing admission from an argie
I think I'll still visit but with lower expectations