this is a genuinely great album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x406fktxb8I
youtube.com/watch?v=O7q1vrmPVzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

literally career suicide

why

>became face of le epic indie party music
>do a 180 on next album and make some hipster druggy "artrock" with 0 party appeal

It appeals to hipsters either way

Once, I was a high schooler like you user.

MGMT were always hipster druggies that hated their party fanbase tho.

Wew lad do you actually believe this?

I was a highschooler back when it came out

The reason I think it's great is because I always return to it and it always delivers

you're the highschooler for getting on your high horse about how you've progressed past such music

I actually didn't even like it that much in high school.

It was fine but not a regular part of my rotation.

Progressing past music is fine. Don't act superior because you're incapable of becoming an adult and letting your tastes evolve with your new found perspective. That's a natural part of growing and aging as people. It is unnatural to have the same interests and passions as when we were 12.

I'm sorry you're experiencing arrested development and trying to retreat back into the womb. Hopefully in the future you will be able to confront the challenges of life like an adult.

In the mean time, I hope you enjoy MGMT for whatever small, trivial pleasures it is able to provide.

>tfw MGMT used to just set up tents, take acid and jam forever early on without giving a shit if people liked it.

>Subjectivity is subjective.

You guys hear any of the new album live stuff people have been posting?

These two are pretty notable:
youtube.com/watch?v=x406fktxb8I

youtube.com/watch?v=O7q1vrmPVzA

gonna keep my expectations low but I'm hopeful it's good

last time took a lot of out to me to even finish the first listen, on subsequent listens it got better but it's really only got a few gems on there. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one, I already dig two of the songs at least

I can't tell if LP4 is going to be a disaster or this is just MGMT sucking live like always

has 1 amazing song that's really good and then everything is genuinely unlistenable

It's a solid 7/10 for me, i like putting it on while reading.

This. I saw them in New York for their congratulations tour and they literally made fun of the crowd and were mocking them. The best part was they didn't even play kids lmao.

flash delirium is an amazing song

Looks brilliant compared to most pop nowadays, doesn't it.