Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
My dad just disowned me and gave me a car with a title I need to pay for
also I have to pay for my phone bill and rent
I'm barely 19 and I haven't done anything on my own.
Could someone give me advice on how to be independent. I'm really scared and very sad right now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HPVCTLPNUzo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump
Please Anons I would much appreciate the help

get a meanial minimum wage job taht you hate and hate your self when you wake up every day to go to this place.Do this for 40 years and youll be independent

Are you XX or XY?
makes a big difference on what type of advice anyone can offer.

how much money do you have?

best wishes, OP
I cannot offer any advice

Try to get a job at a construction site if you can, and learn the tools of the trade. Construction is never not needed and there's valuable skills to be learned from it.

I'm a male
just 475 at this moment
I can afford everything that I need to for this month only

Don't drive that fucking car around if you're an uninsured driver.
>great way to fuck your life up

how am I supposed to go to work?
I can't afford to not work
I live in california

bike
bus
uber
taxi
lyft
walk

I'm gonna apply for a local job in Wal-Mart
I could go about just riding a bike

Do I still need to pay the fee if I'm just going to scrap the car?

So you're homeless?
If so, you might have to look into a shelter/couch surf/motel, eventually room mates
>sleeping in your car is dangerous
>since you're young you'll most likely have to get a shitty job, try job placing agencies
>hope you've got your grade 12 buddy!
>look up resume templates with little work experience online (public library is your friend)
>make a resume and cover letter
>consider a trade school or a job corps
>stay off of drugs

live out of car, get gym membership so you can shower and other stuff, get job at walmart, enroll in school get financial aid, find out what you need so you wont be a dependent of your fathers, get a gas credit card to build credit, now you can get an education have money for rent and work while gaining credit

you can also move into a storage ploace like this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=HPVCTLPNUzo

Join peace corps
Public lib for internets

Thanks I'll try to find a job corp
I'll do mostly that except I'm not sure about school since it's expensive here. Also I'm unsure of what I'm good at or will some-what like

If it is a good running car that will pass smog I don't think you would want to scrap it.
> otherwise pick-n-pull is a service that will tow the vehicle free of charge and give you a nominal fee for it

The right blinker always fails my dad said it was an electrical issue
also someone stole the gas cap
it's a 2000 bmw and it already has 200k miles

This.

school is expensive everywhere, its up to you but if you take the other route youre gonna eat a lot of shit on top of the shit youre dealing with now

Was he paying your rent or you mean if you find a place? I'm a little confused.

I'm hungry

I with my grandparents (not of his side of the family)
my parents are divorced
He doesn't want to help me or my grandparents out anymore
So i need to help them out

get a job doing labor, get paid the same day as you work. There should be a staffing company near you (check listings for "general labor") get on board right away, work hard and either stay in construction (or moving or something similar) or save up some cash and pick a direction.
This plan you can start tomorrow morning.

Time to buy a gross of ramen noodles, throw them all in your hot tub, and get nekkid on chaturbate. Time to pay the bills, sugar.

Okay can this be the night that we help a Sup Forumsro? I believe he's telling the truth

Nice trips

Sadly I am
I wish I wasn't in this stressful situation
I was feeling very lonely but you guys are making me feel better

Getting by is fairly simple. If you don't have a job, find one. Small local labor-intensive businesses like landscapers are easy to get in a hurry and easy to get out of too. Same thing with the grocery and fast food circles, but the pay grade is a little lower.

From there, make sure you don't take on any bills you can't pay, and don't forget to pay them. Adult living in its most basic form is managing income and bills. Since you're asking here, you might need a little more direction.

Learn to cook. Get thyself a hunk of meat, look up how and how long to cook it such that it won't make you sick, and then maybe add some spice in the process. When in doubt, use onion powder and paprika. A good basic dinner will have a vegetable, a grain, and a veggie. You can ditch the grain for extra vegetables. Spaghetti and rice are your go-to grains, though spaghetti is easier and faster. Frozen vegetables are better than canned, though fresh is actually sometimes cheaper. Cooking effectively, if not well, will save you lots of money and put you in better health.

If you lose the car, get a bicycle. Depending on your location, this may or may not serve all your transportation needs. Five miles is about the useful maximum for a bike unless you're a hardass about it. Then it's ten. Go for narrow tires, if not the drop bars of a dedicated road bike.

Talk to your coworkers if you're short on friends. Open up about what interests you, and even if you're a sperglord they will be amicable. Any like-minded folks will probably warm up to you.

GF is complicated, and I have shit to do early tomorrow. Good luck user.
And learn to fucking clean if you aren't experienced with it now.

So... are we just not going to ask why this guy's dad disowned him?

Can you honestly say you care to indulge the bait?

can you at least live with them even if you're paying them a small amount of rent and paying for your food and other bills?

that would save you a bunch of money if you don't have to pay full rent and can get a job and pay your grandparents something while you stay there

I actually just found a local warehouse that pays good.
I've actually been wanting to learn how to cook.
I already have a bicycle that needs a bit of maintenance
I am doing a seasonal job but after that I do need a long-term job
I am somewhat clean
The reason why he disowned me is because I wasn't able to enlist into the marines because of my psychological report (bad childhood)
And since I wasn't going to school
he just saw me as a waste of money
And to be fair I think I am

where do you live?

>he just saw me as a waste of money
How much does he make in a year?

Look for roofing crews.... Especially fly by night crews that are lacking safety for your initial dive....they are all crackheads or fucked in some way (I know trust me lol)...if you can, ask for the boss and just say your looking for cash work for a few days....if you get a yes throw those fucking bundles on your shoulder and giver up the ladder or clean shit up I
or best of all pass shingles to a nailer. It'll be hard but if you prove your not useless and show up on time you'll likely find quick work as a roofer which leads to and even self employment.

Fortunately yes

Sux sum dicks fam. Get mad skrilla

He's an electrician specializing in cameras
I'd say somewhere between 60-70k/yr