Why the hell did they include "Money" on this album...

Why the hell did they include "Money" on this album? It sounds way out of place and all it does is break the album's flow.

Oh my god I agree I've been saying this forever
such a shallow ill fitting track

because there's a song called Time as well

I was thinking about this not long ago.

Money is the only weak point of this album.

Decent production, but the bass line feels meme-y and obnoxious compared to their usual subtle brilliance.

oh because time is money
that's pretty deep man

Because Pink Floyd turned into sell outs around 1972

They Made it specifically to be a single, that's why it feels tacked on

>hating the best song on an otherwise awful album

Holy fucking pleb detected christ kill yourself

XD

probably because they wanted to

Jokes on you, the whole album is pleb.

Wanted to make money.

t. contrarian

is there something wrong with artists making money off of what they create?

Information wants to be free and art is basically information so art should be free.

>but the bass line feels meme-y
what does this even mean? are you saying this because the bass line is so famous? how is it "meme-y" sounding at all?

t. self proclaimed "patrician"

Nothing in the slightest. I'm just explaining why Money is on there.

Actually, the contrarian opinion here on Sup Forums is thinking that that album is not plebeian garbage.

Fuck off, moralfag
It's up to the artist to decide if they want to charge or not, not to some parasite like you.

Its not a linear story album, there's literally no problem with Money

>It's up to the artist to decide if they want to charge or not
wrong, I decide what I pay, because I am the only person who exists

>not liking the only fun song on the album
It's the same shit you're doing with "Electioneering".

Why are you so obsessed with being considered a "patrician" and having a "unique" taste
You do realize that it means absolutely nothing as far as your life will go aside from boosting your fragile little ego from time to time, right?

pink floyd sucks shit

It was an LO. Right after The Great Gig In The Sky, side 1 ends. Money makes a lot more sense of you stop for about a minute before starting it again.

They needed a hit single.

It's the first track on the second side, it seems a bit obnoxious straight after Great Gig but really it's not.

This, too many young guns on here who've never listened to the greats on anything but spotify or another streaming app.

>Deletes On The Run

Commercial reasons.BUt user,Money is the best song on TDSOFTM.

See I think it works great as a relief from the rest of the album. Without Money, the entire album would sound too similar and disolve into mush. They probably added it for that reason.

It's kinda like Sloop John B on Pet Sounds. Sloop is probably the weakest song on that album, but it offers relief from the introspective stuff Brian was writing before continuing on the B side.

>Decent production, but the bass line feels meme-y
That line was so ridiculous that it actually made me laugh out loud, thanks user.

This is how just about all of Sup Forums talks about music, and it's painful.

>Memey bass line

How can a base line be "meme-y"? Also, the song fits into the concept of the album and doesn't break the flow at all.

>Actually, the contrarian opinion here on Sup Forums is thinking that that album is not plebeian garbage.

Sup Forums is inherently contrarian, so siding with Sup Forums is an admission of contrarianism.

I was kinda drunk during my post, but it's that, basically. It's a great song, but you need a minute between it and The Great Gig In The Sky for it to work. That happens with several albums, too. Revolver being a big example.