How do I join MARSOC?

How do I join MARSOC?

This is the wrong board to ask op

fucker

By not being a massive faggot. Sorry, OP

I don't know about the officer route, but for enlisted the requirements is that you need to be an NCO, have a first class PFT, Expert Rifle Qualification and No NJPs.

Now for the actual requirements.
You pretty much have to have an Infantry background. MARSOC is technically open to all MOS(MOSes?) But if you actually wanna be a Critical skills Operator which I'm assuming you gotta be a grunt.
It goes without saying that you pretty much have to be a stud when it comes to the physical portion. If you cant run 3 miles under 18 minutes or can't swim very well chances are you won't make it.
You can't be retarded either, you're gonna be expected to learn a language while you're going through the selection process. So if you can do that while keeping you physically you won't make the cut either.

The most important part tho is be a likeable guy. Like most Special Forces communities it's all ran by the teams. There isn't some policy that dictates if you pass the tests you have to get accepted. You can be a god amongst men but if the instructors don't like you, they won't pass you. Because their logic is, if we don't like you your team won't.

As of right now, there is no direct way to join MARSOC. Best path to join MARSOC would be to enlist with a BRC contract, graduate BRC, do time as a Recon Marine, and hope that you are good enough to eventually make it to MARSOC's Assessment and Selection (A&S).

This applies to sniper platoons and Force Recon as well. If you can't fit in with the team, it doesn't matter how good you are. You will be rejected.

1: you have to have huge muscles
2: you have to impress your drilling instructor in bootcamp
3: you have to become a Scout Sniper
4: then you have to become a Scout Sniper Recon Marine
5: and then you can become a MARSOC operator

Yeah, I knew several guys that got pushed back to my unit because of that. They were studs but they were really arrogant and selfish. Which they saw right away so even think they passed the tests. They didn't get the slot.

This one SGT in a sniper platoon once told me something that basically explained the logic.
"If you're weak, you can always get strong. If you're dumb, you can always get smarter. But if you're a shit person, there's nothing that can change that."

i need to write like a small website for telling stupid kids the mistake it is to be disillusioned about military

you need to understand, if youre asking "how do i" you've already lost. you're expected to show up, know everything, and be able to do everything, after a quick explanation.

best ADVICE i can give is, try to meet with spec ops BEFORE you go , train with them BEFORE you go, the whole military experience will drain your fucking will to live, and will kill whatever motivation you have, be prepared, ready, and over qualified for the job.

you want to chase a dream go right ahead, but be prepared, committed and informed before you do go

marsoc more like cumsock

You can see plenty examples of that in the real world as well. Is it like the Army's SFAS, where you make it to the end but you're a non-select and they don't tell you why, they just tell you "You didn't make it. Better yourself, and you can return in x amount of months/years"?

Apparently Dan Bilzetarian got booted out from SEAL training for the same reason.

They're usually pretty upfront about it. They don't wanna waste their time and yours by having you try again if the problem is you.
If you legit just failed because you needed to get in better shape or brush up mentally they'll work with you.

not true at all, they will say anything to keep your dumbass reenlisting

I've heard that rumor a lot. Supposedly he was dropped in 3rd phase because he was an asshole. I know someone that knows him, and he said Dan isn't actually that much of an asshole. Either getting dropped from BUD/S destroyed his ego, or he actually got dropped for other reasons.

I kinda figured. Marines are typically pretty straightforward.

That's news to me. Most of the instructors I got to talk to say they usually try to weed out the ones that aren't a good fit right away so they can focus on the ones that night actually make it.

During high stress situations your true self comes out. It's pretty obvious that Dan cares more about himself than anything else. Which in assuming the instructors saw and failed him for.

I've always wondered why he didn't go back, or bail on the Navy and try for an 18X contract with the Army. I've looked at his instagram before and he clearly regrets not becoming a SEAL. Never understood why he didn't do anything about it if he wanted it that badly.

I'm guessing he couldn't really argue with what they told him. I mean if someone spot on tells you who you are as a person and you know they're right there really isn't anything you can do to change it. You can try, but you're always gonna default to who you are. Which in this case is why he didn't get picked.