Anti-Soundcloud thread

Why do you pretend that Soundcloud threads are anyway productive? It's people spamming their links under the guise that they'll critique and listen to others, some do but the majority don't. It's literally just shouting at the dark

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m85BKyeO_f8&t=338s
soundcloud.com/juntaro97/
soundcloud.com/somelittleboyinblue)
simoncameronfletcher.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=mK19mYrFPDE
soundcloud.com/tijildekonyak/the-sleeper
soundcloud.com/90sneptune/fly
soundcloud.com/armani_jay/armani-jay-cali-girl-prod-lettuce-by-the-pound
soundcloud.com/dancrollmusic/tokyo-2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Sadly it's all most of us have. There's a lot of micro politics I'd get into but I'd rather not becuase the thread is empty. But I bet at least 1 fucker post in here thinking it's the main SC thread

so should i post my link and go

i'd appreciate it if you got into it, but if you'd rather not/can't be arsed it's ok

do you guys wanna hear my 3rd single of the day?

It's lo-fi hip hop chill out beats btw

I, for one, do listen to others' tracks that genuinely interest me (i.e. not rap or instrumental overproduced shit) and leave 3-5 sentences of critique and commentary to those that deserve it. Just quoting and "reccing" is a super lazy way to go about it. It really bears no value to the artist. People should realize that how they use the thread determines its general quality and how much they get in return after putting out their music.

On the other hand, we have sites like reddit that have a super uptight (to the point of retardation) policy about sharing your work. You have to "actively participate in discussion" before you share. But what if I don't want to write, firsthand, a few meaningless posts about some new third rate indie band that is a blatant knockoff of NMH (props to anyone who gets the reference)? Same goes to other people, if they make good music I don't care if they share their thoughts about this and that, I just want to listen.

t. person who got deleted on r/indieheads after posting his album (not butthurt, I just truly think reddit is rather stupid)

yeah reccing is not a critique at all, The focus of these threads is purely to get listens on the play count. Actual ways for musicians to improve is very much an afterthought.

These points pertain to those that don't critique. The people that do are appreciated and hopefully they can keep up what they're doing. Soundcloud threads would be pretty good if everyone provided solid feedback

But what is the point of more listens? E-penis? If you're catering to the lowest layers of audience who care about playcount, just go on youtube and do covers of the Beatles or vegan blogs or show tits.

The same applies for your music too no? What makes your music so much worth listening to than others?

Okay. Flat out most of it's not worth listening to. Honestly but you have to because if you don't stroke someones ego a lil bit, they won't even look at your shit.

It's all a game of cosigns there are like 5 or 6 people who have posted in those threads every plus day for a year plus and have credibility in the Sup Forums Soundcloud community, that being said. Is their music that good? No but they get everyone's cosigns as they're the popular kids in school. The thing is though that they're just big fish in a little pond at the end of the day.

The bigger issue is that there's no real community in the SC as opposed to the community in the BC threads and I use community loosely. SC threads are tricky becuase you can leave feedback on people songs or on Sup Forums. I just do it on Sup Forums because I like to keep my SC ratios looking clean and favorable. And that's the issue the entire community isn't there it's all a stroke my epenis and I'll stroke yours, but most of the people don't deserve it in the slightest.

>Listen to my 2 hour long filed recording ambient house trap remix that was produced on my dreamcast

Fuck off.

That and people are trying so hard to be at the top of SC threads so they make a new one after 6 posts so, then there's 3 SC threads. It's just this over saturation so shit. But here's the kicker it changes nothing, it increases your plays none, I've been at the top.

That and the rec and feedback system are BS I told you how I felt about your music 2 hours ago and 4 days ago as well I'm not gonna keep repeating myself to look like a good citizen. "Oh let me click on these 4 posters I recognize and rec them so I don't look like a douche" And yea recs and being a familiar face helps but not much.

That and there's a diversity in tastes there too.

You wanna know how to make the SC threads good? Make good music don't just spam something you threw together in 2 hours in hopes of getting a shitty dopamine rush from a stranger who's just using you

I don't subscribe to this but you can't argue that is what people who spam their links care about

I assume it's ok enough to be shared. If they are so afraid of spammers posting complete garbage, just make it illegal to post music at all, rather than create some artificial barrier of "meaningful discussion" that encourages thoughtless comments.

This is correct. We all know that this is exactly what these threads are yet people still play the game for the sake of plays.

The last part of your post really tickled me. For some reason I honestly believe people spend more than a few hours producing their beats (I've never done it so I have no clue about the time consumption), because I myself spend hours writing songs, hours practicing them and hours recording and producing them, all by myself.

I mean what else is there. Like an another user saying let's not role play like we don't use reddit, but most of those communities require you to get a mild notoriety in there before you can post your tunes. Most people don't have social media followings they can post to, so they're stuck here, which is somewhat organic growth if not slow.

You're better off just spamming your music in the main board of Sup Forums which I've done once or twice admittedly, you'll get much more honest feedback and much more plays but you risk becoming a meme and getting people to hate you.

But look where it got Car Seat Headrest.

Will Toledo denied ever posting CSH material here. I believe he got most of his following through tumblr and having his dad drive him and the instruments to the house shows he organized every other week.

too risky posting music on Sup Forums just end up getting memed the fuck out if anyone took an interest in it

Making beats are easy if you know what you're doing. I crank out 3 beats a day with 2 hours of work a piece go back and they're all decent but I don't make something worth using until like every 4 days.

And that's the issue it's easy to make beats but it's hard to make good beats and that's the issue people see this as an easy way to get clout and make money, also these kids haven't learned to not post everything they make but seriously beat making is easy good beat making is hard look at this video on the core level for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=m85BKyeO_f8&t=338s

looks like i got to one of these early for a change

soundcloud.com/juntaro97/

(old soundcloud, inactive because it reached upload limit: soundcloud.com/somelittleboyinblue)

>bedroom pop from toronto
>folky stuff
>acoustic lofi stuff
>stuff like elliott smith, early sebadoh, daniel johnston, alex g, ween's first few albums

---for the uninformed---

simoncameronfletcher.bandcamp.com/

---------------------------

I think the point is spamming demos or rushed together tracks is cluttering the thread, it should be the final version

we've caught a live one, boys

I meant main part of mu.

There was an RX guy who did it I forget his name but his album are was a dead face with the tongue out

Please tell me this was self aware

Look at this fuckin sad fat piece of shit. I can't stand this guy I see him in all the threads posting his link and never giving feedback. Figures he'd post his shit in here

holy shit i'm not alone in this

Okay I'll use him as an example

He has 300 Followers and can only get 65 plays on his music, and that's the thing people follow each other but don't engage, if people liked his music he'd have way more engagements.

That's sad and frustrating

if they want plays they should just buy plays lmao.

he looks like an actual closet fag too

Step up the game, you pieces of shits. I check out other people's shit, and I have never posted my own soundcloud

Why you get no engagements and people will just make fun of you, they only people you'd impress are stupid ones.

Here's the issue with the SC threads
He got only 65 plays in 12 days with 300 followers, those numbers don't add up

sad things is that he probably has this template in a word doc that he copies and pastes after he goes on to Sup Forums and: Ctrl-F Soun

bc his music is fucking shite but he thinks its worthy of posting every single day

so much these

summed it up so well
i stopped posting because it made me feel pathetic for all the reasons said above

bro so many rappers/underground musicians buy their way to fame.

its a lot more common then you think.
you just gotta be smart about it.

they buy marketing campaigns from magazines too.

They also pay YouTube music promotion channels and soundcloud promotion channels to post their shit too.

There's nothing more sad than a sc thread filled up with lofi/chill/trap beats. It's just depressing.

jesus look at the bios he writes under his songs as if anyone gives a shit

THIS CANNOT BE SERIOUS, it must be a parody of pretentious soundcloud artists

Yea smart about it and that's what I was saying and It's not as simple as just buying plays. You buy like a base of 1k plays on one song and you buy youtube channel.

Buying followers or plays will get you called out because you can easily see though that shit with an apparent lack of engagements.

Magazines are a dead I would say websites but yea you gotta pay for clout now

yeah i meant websites just all the big ones "complex, elevator, the fader" are all technically magazines lol.

also if you pay for a nice video from cole bennett you also would pretty much make it.

this is some extreme retardation right there

Are youtube links ok?
youtube.com/watch?v=mK19mYrFPDE

Jesus Fucking Christ, these ppl will never learn

Haha good luck that's like 5k base if not more I'd be surprised if it was that cheap, for any of the things you said.

Also Coles videos suck desu I don't get why everyone wants them other than the cosign

You just need to find your niche and build it honestly. The fans will come if the music is good

this is what he wants, any publicity is good publicity

no dude hes dead serious thats the sad part
he probably had one or two other circlejerking fags in the threads tell him he was okay, only in the hope that he would suck their cocks in return (which im sure he did) thus putting the idea in his head that someone actually gives a fuck what he has to say

nah man this aint publicity this is blacklisting

well it's not any good if you don't click on the link and now know that he is a massive fake honest fag with faked depression that most likely makes really bad music. He also seems to go only deep enough to be influenced by Elliott Smith & Danil Johnston (who you can find on any "bedroom folk" snowflakes profile. Literally every single one)

BUT MUH ELLIOTT IS THE SADDEST

yeah, these kinds of ppl are retards, plain and simple

5-10k toget famous is honestly a good investment in the long run lol.

and exactly the co sign is the only reason.

that is if you acc believe your good and unique enough for it

I appreciate the artists, but, man, their fans could really put more effort into developing music taste and skill

I agree wholeheartedly with user. But I want to add more upon to it.

The problem of people influx to these threads is fundamental to know what's the biggest issue in regards of SC or BC threads but let's just focus on SC ones for now. Sup Forums changed drastically over few years and same goes to the trends that community tends to share all around. Say, hip-hop/rap became extremely huge right now around young people ergo they will try and say "I can do that shit too!". And this is where these threads fails upon. Essentially we are giving people a way to show themselves regardless of the quality of their music and sound. If we were to employ a stricter regulations in regards of some sort of quality control I think most if not all shills who just post and run would be easily eliminated. Also, by that, a sense of community could be created - not as a form of group of isolationists but rather a community with a clear sense of direction in regards of presenting new music out there.

Once such a community would be created the threads would change into more of the discussion threads and promotion threads of the people involved as well as creating a space for further actions which a community could take (say splits, compilations). Having such space would increasingly help newcommers out (if they abide to rules) and also create, again, a sense of people who are willing to be more than just egoistic arseholes.

Since now these threads are made like on a mass production line (three, four, even five a day) such community cannot simply be created. Mods would have to be really secure of sticking to removing copy threads and I think they do not bother with that (you know, time constraints and such).

1/2

The problem is no one has any fucking talent.

TALENT IS RECOGNIZED. Look at CSR. Even a little bit of talent makes it out. Most people are just so fucking devoid of any talent whatsoever it's fucking incredible. The worst part is you faggots don't realize it and delude yourselves into thinking it's anything but talent. No. Only the talented make it. There are no great unknown talents. If you have talent, you'd know it. You're all worthless garbage. It's the most pathetic, sad thing I've ever seen. Thank OP for finally fucking saying it.

The biggest issue of the current threads are people. Their way of thinking is just ass backwards. It shouldn't be a case of "Please praise me" but rather "I'm going to expect reward for the time/energy I put to others". But if that were to happen then other should follow suit. And, sure enough, it doesn't happen. Why? Because there is an expectation of the reward right out of the back. We should just learn to avoid people (not even giving them "stfu retard") like this. The area will clear itself up. Once anons like these will see that their super-ultra mix of shit won't get many likes and/or listens they will just go away. Plain and simple.

Now, of course, that is just a theoretical thinking but if we would just close these threads for a month or two or give that these threads would be pinned ones and make each new one once per week then the need of "being first" would disappear since after 300 posts the whole thing would remove first posts.

Oh, and we really REALLY need to encourage people who are making something more than just lo-fi (read: badly mixed) hip-hop. I see so many nice anons playing shoegaze, rock, metal etc. music and I just see how they get discouraged because everybody is jerking lo-fi guys off.

2/2

Is this the main soundcloud thread?
Good here I must post my latest music.
>Ill fitting terminology that sounds cooler than it is
>half finished project that I gave up on so this isnt even my main soundcloud
>I might pretend to have listened to anyone else's links

soundcloud.com/tijildekonyak/the-sleeper

Except there are loads of artists not recognised in their time.

Cheers for the salt though, my chips were a little bland.

it's all about the trends

lo-fi beat producers, death grips style beats, vaporwave, meme rap will go to the front of the line

everything else gets like 2 plays

soundcloud.com/90sneptune/fly

>fly music

fly to this

he said it would happen and it happened wtf lads

soundcloud.com/armani_jay/armani-jay-cali-girl-prod-lettuce-by-the-pound

Actually not trash
Best song you'll hear on here

>HipHop
>Alt

I mean I agree with what you're saying but like someone said there's 2 issues.

We've tried the change and you can try to be the one who gives feedback but nobody else does it so you seem like the odd man out giving feedback. People tried to encourage discussion like with the question of the day in the BC thread.

Like the issue is that you have 7 of use trying to change things but a majority of people in the threads just wanna post and they majority are gonna drown out the minority. I think one general for everything yt/bc/sc would be much better than 3 diffrent threads every 4 hours

That and there's just a general lack of quality

Dude your music fucking sucks

he tried to disguise his shameless promotion as irony
embarrassing

I knew it would because people just Command-F soundcloud and post in the smallest thread.

All they're doing is proving their stuff isn't worth listening to

the song is good tho ayy

I'm half considering deleting this thread because it has become overrun with "Hurr hurr if I post my link ironically I can appear part of the anti-jerk yet fucking proof it's point"

cretins. And the music isn't even "bad" in a conventional sense but so fucking forgetful that it might as well have not even existed

surely the best way to get rid of low quality artists is just to tell them their boring and awful
people post here because they get a few plays and maybe a few supportive words from people hoping for a listen
if people gave and honest review and then completely ignored, bad artists wouldnt be so willing to post

i of course wouldnt be in the bad artists category

perhaps the problem with my suggested system is that all of use are actually trash

sad.

Nah jus keep it it's the discussion that needs to be had they'll be people shilling in any thread with SC in the name people did it in the bankruptcy threads too

obligatory "we upload trash".
But on a place like this people will just say everything is shit even just out of spite without listening. It would not solve anything

I want you all to kill yourselves. None of you will get big because you're no talent nothings. Me included, but I fucking know it, which is why I don't post music on here.

See here's the issue with that people are super sensitive so when you're name is connected to "hey this fucking sucks" it makes you look like the bad guy.

And more than anything we're trying to encourage non anonymous feedback in hopes to start a discourse and network.

The thing is back in like 2015 BC and SC threads weren't this bad but now everyone wants to be a musician

Agreed, although I'm only now aware of this initiative of feedback giving so godspeed to you and others for that, shame it didn't worked out as expected.

I think what BC threads achieved (at least partially) was it that at one point I've established a Facebook group which included some of the BC anons in. We're now up to 80 members but because of the lack of any participation and their personal activities it became more like a wasteland than anything else. That, and Facebook is just not good for such things in general now that I think about it. But something like this, such a community could potentially work in SC case - a Discord maybe, a place to just talk, get to know each other and such. But maybe that's just my wishful thinking.

>I think one general for everything yt/bc/sc would be much better than 3 diffrent threads every 4 hours
That would require a lot of adjustments from the peeps involved but that might actually be a nice solution. The problem is that by now most of the native thread peeps from BC and SC post in these "everything" threads and leave because they tend to just stick with their original thread and anons who they "know".

>surely the best way to get rid of low quality artists is just to tell them their boring and awful
No, because it will create a league of "I'm ironically bad" anons like it happened with BC thread at one point in time. It is giving them an attention they need.

>if people gave and honest review and then completely ignored, bad artists wouldnt be so willing to post
People who are "bad" artists or they do it for shits and giggles doesn't bother giving feedback or reviews so there's no use.

Eh keep trying.

I was turning down net label deals on a album I thought was meh at best last year sooo. There's hope

this. and that's why Despacito is the greatest song ever made.

soundcloud.com/dancrollmusic/tokyo-2
>indie, alt

Get the fuck out spastic

i think this problem could be quite easily solved by sc collab threads. people post their music and hook up with people they like and make music together.

name em

no amount of names you can give me can make up for the literal deluded millions on sc
if you gave me ten good examples (which you won't), you'd be short ten thousand to justify even a single sc thread. But you won't because no talented person was ever truly unrecognized. Get it through your thick skull. 7 billion placental farts all screaming for attention. What makes you special?

Face it. no one from here except Car Seat Headrest has any talent. he did. You didn't. Your music is the literal trash bankrupting SoundCloud. Ten of you is worth less than a nigger in Africa with a golden voice.

You should thank me because I'm trying to free you from your delusions. Focus on being a cog. Stop creating trash.

>nobody except who's popular has any talent
you must be a lot of fun at parties dude
whenever you're at family dinners do you punch your 12 year old cousin in the face when he says something dumb

For anyone to be able to answer, define what is "truly unrecognized". Artists that were never on a label? Composers that didn't get their concertos performed?

Nice strawman

If anything as the other user said it is just a good spot for slow yet organic growth and a lot of people bitch about the specifics but that is what it boils down to. I've been posting in them for a while now and it's a far more engaged community than most other websites at its level.

HAAHAHAAAHA

link your SoundClouds!

HAAHHAHAHAHHAHHSHAH!

I think whats needed is just a general Feedback/critique thread so people can ask for help on something yadada i dont feel like explaining myself more.

Post yours :^)

Bach wasn't recognized until the 19th century

no

dont have one
are you that guy from the sharethread a few days ago

Artists with real fans, people who cared about their music.

The thing about music is people want to tell other people about it when it's good. When it's good, people cannot help caring, be excited, share. When it's shit people acknowledge you to be polite.

There's really no argument against what I'm saying. There's just desperation and delusion.

>people who cared about their music
So that excludes most of the classical music, huh?
Also, define what makes a fan "real".

what if someone makes really niche music that only very specific people listen to? Merzbow, for example. Is he "truly unrecognized" or talentless?

You're so fucking desperate it hurts, man. You're never gonna have fans or make anything good because you fucking suck. I know because you're here arguing against me with abstractions instead of just impressing me with your work.

Merzbow has thousands and thousands of fans idiot.

You faggots are so bad I honestly doubt any of you even has one. One.

It's hard to "impress" somebody if he has his mind set up so why anybody should bother impressing you?

You're so fucking desperate it hurts, man. You're never gonna have fans or make anything good because you fucking suck. I know because you're here arguing against me with abstractions instead of just impressing me with your work.

So how many fans exactly must one have to be "truly recognized"? We can draw the line there and do some google searching of people below it.