How come everyone gives Jerry a hard time when Rick is a bigger piece of shit?

How come everyone gives Jerry a hard time when Rick is a bigger piece of shit?

The problem isn't Rick being an asshole. It's Jerry being the human incarnation of toilet paper, except i'd wipe my ass with toilet paper

It's all a setup for Jerry to eventually rise up like the pic OP posted, only to fall disastrously far from grace. Shortest 15 minutes of fame ever.

Jerry in 10-ply, mate.

not to be an ass but Rick does have that dermal protection field.

it's "Rick and Morty", not "Jerry and Morty".
cuntflap

Ever since jerk-homer showed up, males (especially fathers) can only be portrayed as spineless wimps if they're not bigoted assholes. Name a popular character in the last 10 years that played a competent male archetype. Rick is a God figure, and one of his main characteristics is not being a good father.

Didn't watch the show maybe only saw an episode or two a year or so ago but Tim Allen played a conservitive and comipant dad in last man standing.

Get your Terryfolds checked, faggot.

FUCKING THANK YOU

Jesus Christ, thought I was going nuts over here. Sure, Jerry's pretty spineless, but in comparison to Beth, he's the fucking parent of the century. She's just as egotistical, narcissistic, and thoughtless as her old man, it's a literal case of textbook narcissism and she's turning into him instead of doing right by her own goddamned family and cutting him out of their life's like the cancerous piece of shit he is!

....that feel like I was working some shit out there, or is that just me?

It's jew propaganda to make it seem like white male fathers are weak and powerless. (despite historically being the strongest and most powerful humans in history)

Jerry is that you

Everybody loves a good comback story.

Jerry is great, redemption arc when

because the writers wrote it that way and it's a cartoon so it doesn't matter.

Iroh from Avatar: Last air bender. Tenzen counts as well, although he did have his annoying moments.

Everyone plays their roles because that's what characters do. Jerrys role happens to be a huge bitch even though it's not off the table that he'll (probably temporarily) improve at some point.

>implying rick's groin protection unit wouldn't activate in that situation
>Also skin is covered in armored mesh

Yeah no I don't like when fanfictions ignore things like that.

because not only is jerry a fucking normie, hes also the perfect representation on the human race and how shit it is.

wtf is this shit. shoudl i know who that guys is supposed to be?

There's a lot you should know and don't pointlessly angry user.

Well, that is the ultimate joke, Beth chose the wrong side (by a pretty wide margin). She also seems to resent Morty more then Jessica, probably because Rick chose him over her.

Whoa whoa whoa, both Iroh and Tenzen were bigoted assholes towards murderous psychopaths, checkmate.

Not sure this is the same genre

what a terrible writer

The dany glover character on the new Leathal Weapon tv show. The game of thrones guy who got his head cut off. That fat fuck from Mike&Molly.
Damn, this is harder than it should be.
Well played desu.

Even that saccharine bastion of 90s nostalgia Fuller House has stripped the original of its father figures. All the "dads" are incompetent or absent.

I too am curious as to what the actual fuck this is.
I've seen just about every episode I'm pretty sure and I don't know who the fuck that is.

Rick represents the guy all the redditors aspire to be. Know it all Science Übermensch that has an asshole shell while still beeing nice to people sometimes cuz of mah humanity. Jerry represents how they are perceived in real life. Jerry is needed so that the redditors get reminded why they want to be rick so much. Honestly a quite genius idea. Really makes you think.

not since Rest and Ricklaxation

That's only a trope in comedy, where the name of the game is finding humor in subverting normal expectations

ITT: How to detect a beta

It looks like a fanfic so I'm pretty sure it's not a character from the show

and how long did that last?

parks and rec
ron swanson

the kardashians?

The guy from F is for Family on netflix is a jerk-ass for sure but not the worst dad, if I remember correctly. Not exactly the most popular show

I'm personally expecting a Trump-era reboot any day now.

Love that show. He fucks up a lot, but his heart is in the right place most times and not a total pussy/faggot