So I'm 18 and I'll start going to psichologist in 4 weeks...

So I'm 18 and I'll start going to psichologist in 4 weeks. It's not cheap (65 euros x hour) so I really want to know if it's helpful. I have social anxiety if you are wondering. Was it helpful for you? How much did it take to start feeling better?

Why do you have social anxiety

M o f? And wtf is wrong with you

What do the replies say i dont speak spanish

Like what's so scary and panic inducing about being in public and talking to people that's nonsense to me

Just be 100% honest

I feel insecure and not happy. And I get very nervous when sourrounded by people which results on acting weird and distant (not like I am). Some days are a nightmare and I don't want to leave my home but I have to...

Lol social anxiety.

You don't have a condition, you're just trying to justify being shit at life.

100% honest, I would totally impregnate the left most girl in shorts.

>psichologist
You may want to learn to spell it first.

He says the girl with the black dress is cute AF

start drinking, you'l feel less anxious, eventualy your personality will shape around being dead drunk in broad daylight and people will avoid you, no people around=no anxiety its so simple

>How much did it take to start feeling better?
About 2 sessions to realize that headshrinkers are full of shit hypocrites. And pot is far cheaper than Anti-Depressants.

my first language is French sorry if I spelled it wrong. Anyways that's not the point

And why are you not happy? The world is a fantastic place to be. Sure people are fucking assholes but nature and shit

I went to one for the exact same reason.
I was given anti-depressant for some reason, didn't help obviously.
If you want to fix it you gonna have to step out of your comfort zone and do that a lot.

boy

>The world is a fantastic place to be.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! lol

Life eats life to survive!

That's normal. Deal with it and stop being so weak

That's what I don't know. I've been hapy all my life but lately I don't feel that good and everyday i feel like things doesn't matter anymore or that i'm not good enough for things.

What did you do?

>my first language is French
Even in French they use a "y". You are not qualified to hold a job you can't spell.

And that's the beauty of nature. Seeing animal hunt their prey is mesmerizing. The grace of stalking and chasing. Don't be so cynical because you can't see it

I had social anxiety, went to a cognitive conductual therapy and then I got to learn how to behave on those situations wich caused the anxiety, went to college and now I have a job and a gf, it can get better, but you hace to do your part, expose to situations in wich you are not in control and manage them, and you need to have a good therapist and form a bong, or you will end up isolating yourself

I'm not weak. At least I'm trying to fix it instead of staying on my house 24/7.I'm just describing what I feel. And i can't choose what I feel, just what i do about it. That's why I asked for your opinion on psichologists

Sounds to be you need to gather friends and if you dont have any make some and start hiking and fishing and seeing life

I have watched Jackals rip the gonads off a living wilder beast.

If it was up to me I would punch God in the fucking face.

Sure the geology is awesome. Watching water flow can be interesting. But to end suffering? I would nuke all life out of existence.

The suffering of all life is not worth it.

God sucks!

Started with a mindset of trying to solve it (learning shitloads of 'psychology' from youtube vids), then in my day to day life I tried to step out.

now though I didn't had a job for a while so it kind of reverted, I did however took some pickup lessons which forces me to talk to strangers

Sorry, shitty English on shitty phone wich auto correct is in another language

Now that's what I call edgy.

Are you in good shape?
Are you educated to the same level that you are intelligent?
Do you have a job that you are happy with?
Do you have a significant other?

There are plenty of things you could try and solve on your own before you start paying people to listen to your problems and have them try out their theories on you.

its HELPS but it doesnt make your problem go away

I prefer passionately angry.

Being unhappy doesn't equate to a condition though. It's a human emotion, not a syndrome or a condition or a disease. These days we have this happiness thing pushed in our faces.

Lost your job? Nah you're not sad, you're depressed. Here, this pill we can sell you will cure it.

Don't like social situations? There must be something wrong with you, here's a pill and a therapist. Where do we send the bill?

Large corporations pull this shit so often that they've now got a vast portion of teenagers (American, whenever these posts appear they are ALWAYS American) believing that they are somehow mentally ill. Being sad is normal. Not wanting to interact with strangers is normal. I'd take a night on the couch with a bag of weed any day over talking to basic cunts at the pub, but I'm not mentally ill.

Maybe the problem is your self esteem. I bet if you started working out, got a decent job and some decent clothing you'd feel much, much better than hanging your hopes on some med-school dropout healing you.

>Are you in good shape?
Yes, not the best I could though but I started going to the gym.
>Are you educated to the same level that you are intelligent?
I'm at University and I'm pretty smart.
>Do you have a job that you are happy with?
-
>Do you have a significant other?
Family and some friend here and there

psychologist you ignoramus

The only psychologist I've ever needed was courage wolf.

This was back in 2011.

Force yourself into uncomfortable situations and smoke some pot at home to unwind.
You can see a therapist but they will pretty much tell you to put yourself into uncomfortable situations.
I would avoid anti-depressants and any type of meds for that matter.
Good luck. It gets better with age.

>It gets better with age.
No it doesn't.

For fucks sake would you BS Experts quit lying to others.

OP you don't need a fucking headshrinker and pharmacy poisons.

its like anything youve taught yourself, or think you know, that you then learn from an expert.
YOU have to be open and really objective about your thought process, and be willing to really try to follow the simple steps they tell you.

The thing is, there isnt anything wrong about social anxiety except for how difficult it makes your life, and you may not WANT to change that about you because it may not be a change into a type of person you want to be.

But you can definitely learn the skills to be happier in life, and get through hurdles.

Be humble, accept that your mindset may be flawed, and be willing to take advice and attempy things step by step. Otherwise youll be like a street-figher who tries to learn karate and never wants to fall back to the basics.

For me did it help... I have depression, and what the psychologist told me wasnt new to be honest. And yes it did help, but it also basically said "the way you think is bad for life" and said nothing about the philosophical side of things.
Like, the world is kinda fucked, and that makes me sad, but therefore Im supposed to just not think about it ever, concentrate only on other things.
Yes, I can see that that works, Ive done it before and it made me happier, but In truth I would be teaching myself to ignore things, basically self taught cognitive dissonance. Because almost every part of life can be linked to some sort of "evil" (inequality, waste, greed, environmental degredation, animal suffereing).
So in the end Id rather think about it and be a little sad, just as long as that sadness doesnt hold me back so much that it stagnates my life.
The holy grail in the end?? Was simply antidepressants. Worked much better than the psychologist

it CAN be normal, and not negative.
But it can also literally be about imbalances in the brain chemistry, that can be helped hugely by drugs.
I totally agree about the minor sadness thing though, like a break-up is supposed to hurt. It makes you stronger. Pain can have a beauty, if you let it.

Some social anxiety can come from serious health issues too. Get checked out. Not joking, very serious. I was told I was having axiety issues and needed meds for it, then I went and found out certain health issues I had were actually causing the problems. Including pressure on nerve clusters in my spine. Went and got adjusted, and a week later I felt infinitely better than I was. You'd be surprised how much can affect your mind through your body. It works both ways.

how honest should one be about taking drugs?