Have you thought about starting a gaming channel, user?

Have you thought about starting a gaming channel, user?
I'm 24, unemployed, and have bad health problems.
Gaming on YouTube and getting paid for it sounds really neat but I'm not sure how to start it. I don't know what to say for commentary.
I have ps4 with a few games.
Do you have a gaming channel?

Other urls found in this thread:

socialblade.com/youtube/top/networks/most-subscribed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

COPYRIGHT, ADPOCOLYPSE

Don't. You'll probably never get any good following and it'd be a waste of time. Just accept the fact that you're gonna have to work the rest of your life. Do drugs, it'll numb the pain.

yer fucked. Most of the big gamming channels already had a following prior to there streaming careers. Not too mention you'll need a strong internet connection and powerful pc with a capture card. and too top it you'll need to build your own little studio which probably run about 1000-2000 dollars. I started my channel last year and I've put 7000 dollars into it, started off with 3500 in equipment.

Stream on twitch. Post highlights on YouTube. That's the only way to make money gaming right now

I started a twitch 2 months ago. Getting a good following and got 2 people to sub to me and 1 of them donated! Its not hopeless bro. Follow your dreams

I do have a gaming channel. I'll say this, the gaming genre on YouTube is so saturated it's very hard to get noticed. Youtube is more than just making silly videos especially of you plan to make money at it (which is damn near impossible for small channels right now). It's being entertaining, getting the hardware to record decent content, software for editing and making thumbnails, SEO, social media, etc. It's a lot of work. If you think you can make it big then I say shoot for the stars. Nobody ever got anywhere sitting on their ass all day. I started it as a hobby and for fun.

How many subs do you guys have?

An embarrassingly small amount. That said my channel is a month old.

Ad sense worth it on YouTube?

If I can at least make like 800 - 1000 a month on YouTube. I'll be happy.

Right now you make about 60 cents per 1000 views.

Has anyone join a network for youtube gaming?

I have a channel I just started uploading on, it can take awhile to get subs and stuff. PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE

No way. I don't believe that

It depends on the kind of ads you run on your videos. Most smaller channels (under 100,000 subs) dont get good ads.

I have 7 subs. 141 total views.
34 videos. Soical blade gives it a D for a grade.
At one point it said I could be making like 5 dollars a month. Than I got lazy and it's like 67 cents.
I stopped for a while cause I was stuck. No views for like 3 weeks and I just said w.e. fuck it.
I should keep going.

People who do these passion projects for money burn out really fast because there is no measurable progress to keep them going. People who blow up usually start off as a hobby and the drive to keep going comes from enjoying what they're doing.

Stop being a faggot and get an entry level job.

I've got 8 subs 104 views. It's tough. How long are your videos?

Maybe they should have a contract with partnerships/networks? Like union for gamers or tgn.. what do you think?

Around 5 mins.
It was at 10 mins but the audience watch time is like 2 mins.
My videos are funny montages, streaks, small game clips of something funny with friends or some crazy glitch, a few commentary stuff when I try a new game.
I edit and add music too. All ps4

socialblade.com/youtube/top/networks/most-subscribed

Maybe I need to call one of these networks

13 subs and 550 views, we started about a month ago. It all depends on how much work you're willing to put into it user. It's no cakewalk if you want to create quality content, but the important thing is to make sure you enjoy whatever it is you're doing. Your audience will feel the same.

Youtube gaming - saturated. If you are good and lucky its a win

Youtube is not a job nor a reliable source of income

Nobody wants to see me being terrible at Rocket League.

This thread makes me feel a bit better. 20 subs, somewhere over 10k views, but I've had my channel for years. Do it if you like it. Its just a fun hobby and a way for me to keep connected with old friends.

dont do it op, i have 50k + subs and i got bored of youtube lol

link channel

yeah, and get doxed by Sup Forums
good idea

Youtubers do NOT earn 0.60$ for every 1000 views they earn. you are telling me then that Jake Paul who made 122,000,000 views on his "Every Day Bro" song made $73,200,00 off one single video on top of the other tens of millions he's apparently making every year?? I think for the higher youtube earners (pewdiepie) they make like 0.04-0.07 cents for every 1000 views which equates to tens of thousands of dollars for each video basically which makes a lot more realistic sense.

I am sure whatever exaggerated worst case scenario floating in your head right now is exactly what's going to happen when you link your channel. After all, you are the center of the universe.

fucking kek. "I have a social media channel that the entire world can view at any given time. But i'm not telling you guys cause i'm scared what you might do to my 10 subscribers and my 4 videos"