Discuss

discuss...

The reddit of psych rock

MATE SICK RIFFS ROFL

Are you just making these threads yourself to shit on the band?

I like them very much, but their songs sound all the same if you listen too much

Always a fun listen. Hope after this year they kind of slow down on releases. Quality over quantity.

Psychedelic rock for Rick and Morty fans

lol

Theyre the real deal senpai

cuties but i've never listened

possibly the best band currently around.

will defnitely be talked about for ages to come

Were really fun to begin with but over the course of their last three albums although they've tried to switch it up, they're stagnating badly

their music is as shit as that fella's beard is amazing

They're next album is supposed to be a jazzy colab with another band called mild high club and the one after that should be more jammy than their last few albums

Big fan, they're live shows are the most fun shows I've ever been to.

a jam bar band that tries to cover their lack of talent with wild ideas that all somehow end up sounding the same.

a band that releases 11 full albums in 5 years will never create a masterpiece unless they slow down - they're all just average psych albums
5 of the 6 songs on spiderland took 3 years to fully write.
3 years spent on 33 minutes - thats what makes good songs

L I T T E R A L L Y

Spiderland is a classic example of a record being overrated by the internet. If it takes you 3 years to write 5 song you're just bad at songwriting.

hahahaha

i tried listening to that shit but i got bored. why is it called math rock anyways is it like some pseudo intellectual fans who think that style of music is only for geniuses so they decided to call it math rock. Or do the band have to calculate good chord progressions using sophisticated upper level math.

Math rock usually refers to complex time signatures and shit. None of which Spiderland has. Math rock is prog rock for art students.

it's more that there's lots of sonic details and repetitions in the songs that require a band to keep jamming and playing them till they get it perfect. they considered everything - down to the way they were plucking the guitar strings. every second of drumming and guitar in that album is accounted for and perfected - and while that's not exactly punk it does create some incredible songs.
its barely math rock, just has some time signature changes and stop start jerky stuff . you can't call it prog because it's very minimal music, but it's not really normal alt rock either, so they had to call it something.
its definitely more post hardcore / post rock than math rock for sure. especially by todays standards. but don't forget slint pioneered math rock with their previous album, along with bitch magnet.