Buying vinyls

how much do you guys pay for vinyl? For each vinyl and how much you spend each month

Upwards to £25.
Only purchase my favourite releases on vinyl format.
Perhaps 5 purchases a year.

including shipping then? I find a bunch of good prices on Discogs but the shipping is always ridicculous, like 16€ for shipping within europe when the vinyl itself is like 13€

too much cause i usually look for rare and original pressings. i live in the US where i buy most of them though so shipping isn't too bad

25 is acceptable for me, 80 if its something special. 15 or under used.

currently signed up for vinyl me please so thats 25/month

>vinylS

can u red pill me on vinyl me i think a friend of mine mentioned to me and i just thought it seemed basically like a scammy autistic gimmick. they just dump u old crap or what?

try to stay below $30 unless it's a somewhat hard to find original pressing, bundle of some kind, or like a triple LP

most I've spent is $60 for original After Bathing at Baxter's and Thick as a Brick together.

most I can see myself spending is $150-ish for something I really want like an Uncle Meat in great condition

Depends. New vinyl can vary between £15 - £25. As for pe-owned, if you look hard enough, I've picked up stuff for less than £5.

not the guy you're replying to, but it's a solid service, had it for about a year and a half. I think they now allow you to swap monthly records for other stuff in their shop or previous releases so you aren't obligated to take whatever they're releasing that month

25/month is really reasonable for high quality color pressings, esp since they are all exclusive pressings to the service. their store is also solid and when stuff goes on sale you can find some good deals.

I left to try feedbands out which is also a good service but I didn't have much luck finding stuff I actually liked on the platform and I wasn't huge on the stuff continuously getting voted to the top.

Monthly exclusive repressing of an album. Typically comes with a special jacket or colored vinyl. Its okay, but the albums they choose to repress are mostly urban outfitters tier modern classics. Its the chance of an actual rare repress that keeps me paying them

hmm still seems kinda weird to me

Depends on the quality, availability and how much I want it in my collection

They're called records or LPs my dude.
Normally I spend like £2-10 on a record. If it's something I really want and it's in good condition I might spend like £20 on it. I mostly buy second hand stuff though. I also collect singles but it depresses me trawling through all the shit in charity shops cause I can only look at so many copies of a Cliff Richard single

latest uncle meat repress is lovely

I usually get regular LPs for about $20-$25 CAD (About $15 USD). Double LPs can cost around $30 CAD for me. Buy from a store if you can.

Vinyl really doesn't have a set price as it's really a seller's market. You can pick up a record for $1 or $100. You just need to do your research so you're not spending a lot of money you don't need to be. I've only bought 3 records so far this year, but that's because there's not a lot out. I sort of buy it as it comes. 2016 was a lot busier.
Most I've ever spent was $120 on a box set of 8 records, other than that I think it'd be the lilac copy of Grace for $55 off Discogs.

100usd per month

If you want to get into records for the hobby aspect of it then check out a website called Flying Vinyl. For something like $25 they send you 5 indie 7" records some being colored and patterned and what not with booklets and extras like that

Bump

The Eames chair does not work in the mememimalism environment at all.

I try to stay away from buying new records unless it's a repress of an out of print album. Most I'd pay for a new record is maybe £35. I'd stretch it to £50 if it's some obscure prog rock stuff that gets really nice represses.

For used, I'd be more willing to pay a lot more if it's a good condition original pressing - especially rock and jazz. The most I've paid for a used record is £85 for an original Blue note pressing of Free for All, played once amazingly well-kept sleeve.

My monthly budget is around £150. I try to spend as smartly as I can, my record store has some great used Jazz and Rock at really reasonable prices, to add some perspective I recently picked up a 73 reissue of Cecil Taylor - Unit Structures near mint for around £15.

Buying modern releases on vinyl is one of the most cringey things you can do IMO.

I buy used records though. Albums that were originally released on vinyl and I usually won't pay more than $12 for one, unless it's something really rare or a record I really need, then I'll pay up to maybe $25.

Spending at MOST $30 is my limit.

I purchased a mint LYSF for $33 and regretted it ever since.
Most I've spent is on a mint box for Giles Corey at like $50, but that also came with a book.

I buy CDs instead.

>I purchased a mint LYSF for $33 and regretted it ever since.

mate, you got fucking ripped off, that album has been pressed once and can literally be found everywhere. Also, an album's condition doesn't really matter if it's been pressed once. You can find a sealed copy for like £10. I paid like £14 for a sealed copy in 2013.

>people buying vinyl without knowint how to grade
As someone who learned to grade from a pro, please try to learn the Goldmine standard ASAP because it determines everything. If you can't grade, you could pay 30 for a record that should be 15 because of condition AND you can spot steals i.e. ones priced lower than they should be for their condition

Ive spent thousands on records but ive worked at a store forever and get a delicious employee discount and sometimes free LPs so my cost isn't nearly what it normally would be

What about if I don't have any record store close to me? What use is the Goldmine standard when buying records?