Could you ever invisage a scenario in a developed country that a hitler like figure could rise to power again?

Could you ever invisage a scenario in a developed country that a hitler like figure could rise to power again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aNSIHAiytrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How about a developed country?

> invisage

Hitler? More like...
>puts on sunglasses

you're French aren't you

UK post Brexit

Yeah, it's perfectly possible, given the right social conditions.

The road to WW2 was paved with economic downturn, poverty, scapegoating of immigrants, communists and various "others", a general feeling of animosity towards the traditional powers, and various other factors that could all be said to exist currently.

I'm not sure whether the guy who posted Trump was joking, but I'm seriously concerned about any demigogue that gets into power.

see

youtube.com/watch?v=aNSIHAiytrk

>developed country

Nope

Argentina

That's the USA today. Trump is no Hitler, but a population that would elect a guy like Trump would easily elect a guy like Hitler.

with so many chimping out in America, sure

Fake news. Trump is a lot of bad things, but he’s not the next hitler. America at the moment is a mess. A confused mess of hundreds of different political voices. He’s steered the ship a little to the right for most liberals - ending some liberal policies I agree with some that I don’t agree with but just with the intention of steadying an increasingly unsteady ship towards asserting America as a credible, independent nation again. I would liken his role to one of the later roman emperors, unfortunately near the end of the Roman Empire, long after the golden period of the Roman Empire had ended. If it wasn’t trump getting endless grief it would just be someone else getting the same. Clinton was no better.

But would the USA ever follow him into a war with an equally powerfull nation?

After we rampaged though 2 countries in retaliation for 9/11, one of which had nothing to do with 9/11, you still have to ask?
Given the absolute saturation of propaganda in this nation, U.S. citizens would blow this planet up if they were butthurt enough.

I think they would if they actually saw a worthwhile cause to do it but after 50 years of being lied to by many different governments everyone is skeptical.

If another country invaded America literally everyone would sign up to fight. And pretty much everyone already has a gun or could find one.

If America needed to stage a massive land war in another country then I think there would be less interest. Not that it matters as war is now more about sanctions and destroying economic power than anything. Subdue the economy subdue the population.

Pretty much all of Europe. The sparks are starting to fly all over the continent again.

Euro currency worries, migration issues, Brexit, Greece, terrorism, employment... Little sparks eventually start a big fire. I would hate to see another European war but not sure why politicians can’t see how generally unhappy most people are with the usual political rhetoric

Germany and Merkel

what is a hitler like figure? There is many leaders right now all over the world that have one or two aspects of him.

Lol merkel she’s pretty much the only person holding europ together

what?

Not to the level that he did - society learned after Hitler; it would take a massive level of willful ignorance to engender the same conditions...

...huh. Now after writing that I'm not so sure, given the average Liberal...

Handsome, man of character j/k

You morons voted him in, asshole.

Right, because Trump is the next Hitler
>facepalm

see
Dickhead,

Trump is far from being hitler. He's not evil.
I see more potential in erdogan. He's abusing turkeys bad position, surrounded by countries full of war and a bad economy. He's manipulating the turkish population with lies and fear. It's not in other countries were 10% want him, 10% don't like him and 80% don't give a shit about politics. He splits the country.

Yeah he’s a right cunt.

Also no one in this thread has mentioned putin, China, myanmar, Zimbabwe, or North Korea!!

>It's not in other countries were 10% want him, 10% don't like him and 80% don't give a shit about politics. He splits the country.
I'm too stupid for spelling
It's not like in other countries, where [...] 50% hate him and 50% love him

>He splits the country.
Literally

Name *one evil thing* Trump has done that compares to what Hitler did.

>erdogan
not trump

So much bait

Do you think anyone gives a shit about Turkey?

>Trump is no Hitler
what part of
>Trump is no Hitler
didn't you understand, cum for brains?
You failed grade school reading comprehension or what?
Quit asking stupid questions, you fucking moron.

If you want to find the next big hitler, turkey is a good candidate.

It's kinda hard for me to envision Turkey rampaging through Europe, though. Maybe through Iraq and Syria and that general direction... But they would have to take care not to piss off NATO, Russia, China, Israel and USA and maybe even Iran.

They couldn't organize a shawarma eating contest to save their lives, let alone any kind of strategy. Turks are simple minded aggressive animals. Tribal infighting would uproot any offensive.
> also; cockroaches

Turkey is in Nato, so they just have to either false flag it, or sucker someone into hitting them.

Didn’t they just buy alias of weapons from Russia ?

well after ww I germany only had a small bundeswehr for defence and still they did a lot of damage and turkeys army isn't that small.

Are you from greek? One of them was thrown out of the EU parliament for saying the same

I don't like turkey either, but underestimating them is stupid. Every country can do damage if they want.

Then why are you trying to compare the two?