ITT: Sup Forums in 1978

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4_qwtPLiy6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wow.
it's 1978.

hell be fine

Man I sure hope the next kid cudi album is good

all these normies hailing Low and Heroes as avant-garde breakthroughs who haven't listened to Another Green World are plebs

I listen to disco and singer-songwriter billboard 100 pop music because the Internet hasn't been invented yet and so I am unable to listen to obscure and strange music in an attempt to cultivate a personality to overcome my social failings.

AOTY

i love kate bush

literally who?

patricians always knew about more obscure shit. It was just harder because you actually had to follow labels and scenes and shit.

>patricians always knew about more obscure shit

You had to go to indie record stores in those days to get anything that wasn't a major label release.

This. This album. This album right here. Is the fucking shit, man! Fyck capitalusm and shit!

I fickledidlee-doo hate this toddler-rock

They're fake as fuck, but this is better than any punk record.

Two years early for that one.

Can't be any more of an industry plant than Siouxse and the Banshees.

Isao Tomita

I FOUND THE SIMPLE LIFE
WASN'T SO SIMPLE
WHEN I JUMPED OUT ON THAT ROAD, NO
GOT NO LOVE
NO LOVE YOU'D CALL REAL
NOBODY WAITING AT HOME

Wait, I thought the line was NO LOVE IN KOREA

OH GOD, DISCO SUCKS

This is some otherworldly shit

My friend is got a freaking awesome band called Joy Division, you guys should totally see them tonight at Manchesters Soccer Bar!

Shitty punk threads should be banned from Sup Forums. its laughably bad

Go jerk off to Foreigner, buttrocker.

Best hard rock album of the year?

This album is satanic, the complete name of the band is After Christ, the Devil Comes. If you fon't want to be possessed by satan and his demons do not listen to this and tell everyone you know to burn this vile abomination of album.

go to bed mom

I bet the Village Voice fires that Christgau hack sometime in the next few months.

Son, I am ttelling you, this music is Satanic, don't listen to it!

t. ass-blasted pleb

God damn Prog sure is shit. Lets start edgy bands that play 3 chords

Are you stupid?

Like I would listen to them. I'm more of a Rush man.

You sure weren't gonna find punk rock records at K-Mart next to the Bee Gees and Fleetwood Mac albums.

1978? That was the year rock music was changed forever...a bomb was detonated.

youtube.com/watch?v=4_qwtPLiy6o

We're back, beeatches.

nobody rules these streets at night but ME!

King Crimson will come back, r-right guys?

Sultana of swing is such a good song

ONCE I HAD A LOVE
AND IT HAD A HEART OF GLASS

I loved Bat Out Of Hell!

Does anyone know when the next Floyd album will come out? I heard they have financial problems. Animals was good but not their best. I think they might be done.

I WAS COMPLAINING
I WAS DOWN IN THE DUMPS
I FEEL SO STRUNG UP
BUT YOU PULLED ME UP
PULLED ME UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP

definitely the most impactful album of the year

Not if you heard the reviews/columns of the (punk-obsessed) music press at the time.

What the fuck is this shit?

man this album is fucking amazing marvin has such a bright future ahead of him!

I'M HOT BLOODED
CHECK IT AND SEE
I GOTTA FEVER OF A HUNDRED AND THREE

WE GOT TO INSTALL MICROWAVE OVENS

Any of you guys excited for the new Beefheart album? The Captain said it's coming out real soon. I'm going to see him and the magic band live in New York in November. I can't wait.

he hasn't been good since clear spot..but we'll see

Debut is a solid album and Starrider is 10/10 fag

sorry...no MTV in 1978

shows how worthless critics are...and how hindsight is everything.

I WANT MY MTV

OOOOOOOOOHHH BABY BABY IT'S A WILD WORLD

Can't believe they kicked him out! No one can replace Ozzy Osbourne

>In 1979, back in the studio, tensions and conflict between band members were continually present. Osbourne recalls being asked to record his vocals over and over, and tracks being manipulated endlessly by Iommi.[31] This was a point of contention between Osbourne and Iommi. At Iommi's insistence, and with the support of Butler and Ward, Osbourne was fired from Black Sabbath on 27 April 1979.[8]

btfo

I'm from the future bitches

as any pleb would...

>In June 1978, Wilson, without telling his wife or fellow bandmembers, decided (inexplicably) to escape his life entirely and hitchhike to Mexico. He wound up in San Diego a few days later, according to Steven Gaines’s biography Heroes And Villains, which describes a mentally fogged pop-star millionaire wandering around the city for days, “barefoot and unwashed.
J U S T

i'm from the future and shiny beast will be beefheart's comeback album, screencap this

>still no sticky
what the hell mods

This new Dylan album sucks. It's just 50 minutes of complaining and whining about his ex wife.

GIRL I'VE KNOWN YOU VERY WELL
I'VE SEEN YOU GROWING EVERY DAY
AND NOW YOU TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

i hope steely dan's next album will be great and that they won't break up less than 5 years from now

lol

Man Animals is a great record! do you guys think they can top it with their next album?

I'm disappointed by Darkness at the Edge of Town. Bruce has lost it.

This would never work, rock is dead anyways

Can Roger Waters literally stop bitching for 10 seconds so Pink Floyd can make a new record? Animals was great.

Yeah I miss the Woodstock days. Fuck the Eagles, fuck KISS, and fuck Foreigner.

If I have to go over to my nephew's house and hear Rock and Roll All Nite one more time...

Why are they still active? I guess they're like the Beach Boys; 60s band in the 70s.

At least he'll never sell out.

Go to some local shows or independent record shops, pleb. Or tune in college radio. There's more music out there than whatever Columbia and Warner have to offer.

>DONT WANNA BE DOWN IN THE TUBE STATION AT MIDNIGHT
fuck, it's a AOTY

man I sure hope the 80's aren't a black hole for music

Fixed
Two albums in and these guys are fucking brilliant. I hope they have a long career

80s>70s

Beatles reunion soon!

HEATHCLIFF

Stained Class is probably the best album judas priest has released. I just hope two shitheads don't an hero over it or that the band starts making pop

Fuck Lennon, he's always putting down Jesus and religion. He told us to imagine no possessions and there he is, with millions of dollars and yachts and farms and country estates, laughing at people like me who had believed the lies and bought the records and built a big part of their lives around his music.
I hear he lives in New York, I feel like going over there and giving him a piece of my mind.

FUCK motörhead is so good

Posting from Iceland, this girl is going to be a star one day.

Fuck off Pedo

fagot

they are called Warsaw you doofus

Motor-what? Sorry, Americans don't know of them as of yet.

What's with those Devo motherfuckers? Too out there for me.

Man I sure do love the World Trade Center I hope nothing ever happens to it

I heard they call themselves mutants and they're into degeneracy.

I love being from the future

Hey everyone. I'm a year late on this album but I've been listening to it nonstop. Where do I go from here?

Last year was great, can't wait to hear more Bowie. Also this Eno guy I found recently is pretty noice.

garbage

hmm, maybe

probably, but the year is not over yet.

They'll probably work on new material soon, but with roger being a bitch it will probably be a forgettable shit record. I have zero good expectations for the next album

>Rolling Stones making disco
Great, gotta go burn my stones records now

Do it. I wish someone would shoot that preachy communist fucker in the back

Is this his best album yet?

I just heard that guy became a muslim. I wonder what that is.