Which one does Sup Forums like more?

Which one does Sup Forums like more?

new one is an all around better product. old one is iconic and i will always remember it. so new one

The book

This

he drives a sports car

whichever one doesn't tongue my anus

new one is so fucking dumb, as in portrayed as a really idiotic bad guy. I didn't like him as much as Classic Pennywise because of that

New Pennywise looks like a clown from a Shakespearian play.

miniseries = better pennywise

2017 = better overall movie.

My main gripe about the remake is that pennywise is too overtly scary in appearance. Tim Curry pennywise still looked creepy, but in a more subdued way. Curry still managed to convey being a clown. Skarsgard is basically just a maniac in a clown suit.

Currywise.
It's the VFX guys who made the movie more entertaining, though.

I mean one is played by Tim Curry.

old one was shitty. shitty acting, shitty overall movie, not scary, etc.

Am I the only one that hated the movie? Pennywise wasn't even scary anymore, they made him look and sound like a fucking pedo.

I wasn't frightened once during the movie. And give me a break with the bullshit romance.. How do I revive this floating girl that won't move? Oh thats right! I kiss her.. How fucking cliché

People are going to say Tim Curry and defend it to the death for nostalgia reasons, but Skaarsgard was clearly better.

Give me your sweet review of The Shining next.

the arguement here is that It isn't a clown. It is a monster in a clown suit, the movie goes out of it's way to show you the period where the clown is from, but pennywise is merely a shell for the monster, It should inherently be off in a way.

not saying curry isn't better though.

This.

My main problem with the new movie is the clown, like why does he shapeshift into a clown in the first place when he's so overtly a monster pretending to be human.

The old series nailed it with Curry, he came across as charming and lured kids in with he's pedo creepiness.

I've never understood why the old one is popular. It's not scary at all and is very poor quality--it's a low budget made for TV movie.

The new one is better, but still not good. It's all jump scares basically.

implying a pedo wouldn't be scary to a gorup of children or normal people

You mean a movie failed to scare you? welcome to being an adult.

The new "It" was a better quality product and an enjoyable movie. The old pennywise was a better character.

Yeah, they went for a Freddy Kruger vibe with Pennywise this time. Big mistake. MIGA = Make IT Great Again.

given when each film was made

they were both good for different reasons
but the second half may be the deciding factor

Are you saying he was scary before? Go watch the miniseries again.

The miniseries was utterly lame all around. Shit acting and shit quality. The only reason idiots on this board think it was in any way better is because they saw it as children and they were too dumb to realize how dumb it actually was.

ayo some motherfucker come at me with an axe, I'm running and then I'll throw a cinder block on his head or some shit. like from the stears. and that little kid talkin to his finger was fuckin gay. his mom was ugly. boring ass movie full of cliches.

Honestly Honest. I saw original it when i was 7 and it fucked me the fuck up. The fact a monster could be anything and it lives off your fear and is ruthless as fuck terrified me and made me lose sleep for months after i even saw scenes of it. I eventually watched the whole thing years later but this new reinstatement doesn't seem it would do the same thing.

Also why'd they change the role of the black kid? essentially he was the one who did the background research on Pennywise and eventually brings them back together.
His character could literally have been left out of this movie as his character was lacking substance

This, the new movie changed too much and cut a large amount of content out of the childhood story. But the miniseries cut more, neither compare to the book.

I wouldn't say he was scarier, but he was a better character. The new one had a retarded demon like bite.. Too much editing in his faggot queer pedo voice. popopopopopopo. I wish that bitch ass nigga came thru my hood, dick his ass down.

I was hoping that the new one would give an alternate origin story for pennywise.

The whole premise behind pennywise's nature is too absurd. Why would an immortal, interdimensional entity have any reason to eat kids in some shitty little town? Why would such a grand being have such a petty role? Don't you think it would have more worldly ambitions? And then there's the shit about the turtle who created the universe and blah blah blah.

I wish they would have made him into a more freddy krueger like villian--just a deranged pedo who made a deal with the devil or some shit.

this

OG is very memorable, new one is much scarier and is closer to the book.

>tim curry
>shit acting

Pick one and only one faggot

So much of this

At least its more plausible. Guy going insane and terrorizing his family is more scary than a retarded faggot clown who only kids can see

Plus you are comparing movies that are nearly 3 decades apart.

>closer to the book
The new film focuses entirely on the kids point of view and is based in the 80's
The book switches back and forth from the adults to the kids from the get go and is based in the 1950's.

The miniseries is closer to the book and nailed the narrative structure.

His purpose in the movie was to have the bolt gun. That's about it.

Tim curry did a much better job combining an actual friendly and evil entity. The new guy looks like a chipmunk with a brain tumour.

They're all shit compared to the book. Only the book is so fucked up it wouldn't even be legal to make a perfect film adaption.

Curry carried a shitty movie, so I respect his portrayal. The other adult actors were shit.

The new movie is way better but Skarsgard had better direction, effects, and supporting players.

It's close but I'll give it to Skardgard mainly for the scene where he's snacking on an arm and waves with it.

>but he was a better character.

How? Pennywise isn't even a real character, it's just an embodiment of a concept.

Did you even watch the movie? They're doing a second one with the adults so they don't have to make a 5 hour long movie.

Why did they make it in the 80's forcing them to rewrite a fuck ton of things including their fears, why did they heavily tone down the offensive kid, why did they cut out the ritual of chud and the discovery of what IT is, why did they cut out many subplots of them as kids. All valid questions.

Yes - that was an example of shit acting on the part of Tim Curry. Again, you saw it as a retarded kid and didn't know any better. Take of the nostalgia glasses, faggot.

Some movies stand the test of time. The original IT isn't one of them.

Silence of the Lambs is about the same age, and still relevant/watchable now.

What said.

I just read the book - and the details and themes are a lot closer, even if it isn't told in side-by-side chunks with the adult story.

I said narrative structure. They're going for a sequel structure in the new film.

I liked that Bill was an accomplished author in the old series and starts to have flashbacks of his childhood.

They're doing a second movie. Aside from the back and forth narrative structure, the movie was much more accurate. It's just separating the two stories to make it more linear.

it wouldn't, similar experince here.

i like the new one because it is a good movie.
but no. it's not 'scary' because i'm an adult

the new one is unnerving and uncomfortable. sure they have the startling moments but that's a key piece of the genre. a classic trick.

the people who should be terrified of the new it are the people who are seeing it too young, like we all saw the miniseries a younger less desensitized people.

Jorge

>I wish they would have made him into a more freddy krueger like villian--just a deranged pedo who made a deal with the devil or some shit.

They made that move and it has Freddy Krueger in it.

I wish they would have stuck closer to the book and included the kid orgy

You haven't read the book have you? Just look up "child gangbang IT book" Not to mention various other parts in the book that are just fucked up.

Book Henry was raised by an insane racist. He inherited the racism, and was going nuts, too.
The racism wouldn't fly in cinemas in 2017 America.

The mini series isn't that close to the narrative structure of the book since it doesn't have like 60% of it dedicated to character backstory which was the point of using flashbacks. The movie is way closer to the book than the miniseries. Don't be a fucking hipster dude.

Cause the 80's theme with kids is hot right now. Reminded me of Stranger Things, which is ironic since Stranger Things borrowed from 1990's IT.

So part. 2 will take place at present day? Errr...

yes. this can be said for most remakes/reboots/sequels tbh. they want to go big and most of the time the subtlety is lost. all thanks to 21st century hamfisted hollywood.

imo you could make your pennywise comparison with nicholson vs ledger joker as well. they're both good, but in a different way.

They more or less showed that with his targeting the black kid and telling him to get out of his town. Did you really need a lynching and constant use of "nigger" to get that point across?

Keep in mind that Tim Curry was working in a TV miniseries that aired in prime time. His Pennywise simply wasn't written the way he should have been and he still managed to make him somewhat scary.

He did a lot with what he had to work with. That being said the new one is better. Book is best though.

Has more to do with King coming off the drugs and becoming a total cuck hating trump drone.

He wrote a million times better on the booze and drugs.

Target audience for IT were kids in the 80s you dingus. Thats why the original was set in the 50s

common

>why did they make the part with the kids 27 years earlier than right now

wow i wonder

So? Keep it since they're using the book as their source material?

>Cause the 80's theme with kids is hot right now.
It is retarded, they basically do not respect the intelligence of the viewer to be able to comprehend what being a kid in the 50's was like. Your parents didn't give a rats ass and you were left to do what ever all day, that and the world was a smaller place so the unknown was more scary. Not only that, but I guess they didn't want the offensive wise cracking kid to drop racial stereotypes and slurs constantly.

Are you retarded its obviously to have references in the movie thatll play to 30 year olds nostalgia. Why wouldnt you want your audience relate to what they are watching.

I like the part where they're all swimming around in their underpants

>wise cracking kid to drop racial stereotypes and slurs constantly.

So they changed the entire structure of the story to fit the SJW landscape of the present day.

Is America still the most powerful race on earth?

Youd love the book all the kids fuck each other in the sewers

hes baiting and you fell for it. You're so smart

The giant telepathic spider

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather see Shakespeare historically true to form than an adapted version so people can relate and understand it.

Orgy wasn't really needed as we god plenty of shots of prepubescent boys in their wet underwear. I loved that scene.

Tim all the way.

I wouldn't call you old fashioned - just boring and uncreative. God forbid people put new, creative twists on old stories to keep them alive throughout generations.

That wasn't the point of the movie, it is based on the original miniseries and is not a direct remake. That wasn't the directors point and it wasn't what fans were expecting. Things aren't made for your entertainment. Most popular media is meant to be enjoyed by a large audience not one person.

Things in their original form is always best. Wether on thinks its shit or not is subjective and irrelevant

I didn't get the impression that it was racially motivated at all. 2017 Henry does worse shit to Ben, and seems to just hate all of 'em in general.

There are rumors that Mike in Chapter Two is going to be a junkie. He's already basically the token black character, that would just make him even more of a fucking caricature.

Hope not he was the broke one in the miniseries but at least he had heart and brought the team together to murk Pennywise.

Honestly I don't see why having the child and adult stories seperated. If anything I kind of wonder if the book would have been better for it.

Similarly, I didn't really care for the bits about Pennywise, the Deadlights, etc. Not only is it unnecessary monologue, but it kind of detracts from the mystique.

Imagine if H.P. Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu dedicated a bunch of time to have Cthulhu give an inner monologue about his nature. It would have completely ruined the original appeal. And that goes for virtually all of his stories.

How about all you Sup Forums fags shut the FUCK up and go to sleep.

The original. I dont expect some no named newfag actor to nail Tim Curry's performance in the OG version. Im getting fucking sick of remakes. Im not even gonna watch the new one, I got the point the first time.

I'm with you, I appreciated how they went for this approach in the new film, i'm just pointing it out.

That may just be the most idiotic statement I've heard today - and I'm a therapist working at an organization catering to clients with severe, persistent mental illness and developmental disabilities. Congratulations.

>Im getting fucking sick of remakes
Sounds like u know something I don't, what are they remaking next?

Better not be The Shinning.

A lot of HP Lovecraft books are 300 page lore books with the main character going insane for it.

You should read one

like??????

You're a therapist? I wanna ask, from a clinicians perspective did you think the older version of Pennywise was the more convincing psychopath?

lol - well neither of them are particularly "convincing" as real world psychopaths, honestly. Actual psychopaths tend to fly under the radar most of the time.

Well, off the top of my head, we have Predator and Scarface remakes in 2018...

>implying a pedo wouldn't be scary to a gorup of children or normal people

he can't see the forest because he's a tree

You're kidding, right?
It explicitly mentions that he had the lowest income out of all of them, and that he lived in the poor part of Derry.
At the very least, 1990 Henry didn't get his characterization dumped on someone else.

Guys.. unless the new sequel IT movie has the library scene with the balloons in hd and make it 3D too damn it, I'll still go for the original and the bully becoming killer in new movie was gay as fuck.

The Shinning is gonna have a sequel

when i was a kid, It scared the scarred me.
the clown itself didn't scare me but the idea of It scared the living shit out of me.
this demon would hang out in a crowd full of grownups and not one of them would be able to see him, only I can and he knows it.
he could pretend to be a normal person and then walk right up to you and kill you.
he could come from out of the sink or shower drain.

i had to leave the restroom door open because if he were to come out of the shower drain, i would be able to run and the door wouldn't slow me down.
if i had to take a piss at night, i would wake up my younger brother and forced him to go with me to use the restroom.
100% convinced that he would either come out of the shower drain or toilet Tank. (which probably means i also left the door open when taking shits.)

Neat buddy im happy for you

>He wrote a million times better on the booze and drugs.

this. king fucking sucks sober.

Tim