Wasn't so scary as it was disturbing

This.
August Underground

Just watched it for the third time, good movie. Also, this

Sinister
Don't Look Now
Funny Games

Cube

What do you consider "scary" then? Hopefully not just jumpscare shit. Scary to me is all about the atmosphere and making you feel the apprehension of the characters, The Witch did that better than anything else in recent memory imo

The Eyes of My Mother
Lights Out for a few jump scares

+1
the shining
*depends* exorcist the beginning

OP here.

Completely agree, the Witch is a great movie, but I've already seen it a few times

I know it's the entire point of the movie, but I can't get past the hand-cam

Scary? meh. Good movie though

Love The Shining
Not a big fan of the Exorcist movies. Demon possession isn't that scary when you aren't religious

I'll check these out if they're worth watching. Seen Sinister though

wtf, I meant and for the last two

le XXXDDDDDD

Martyrs

Room 237

I found Dark Skies to be freaky, and I rarely get freaked out. Oculus was shit. The Paranormal Activity movies were all garbage after the first one, which was okay. Jump scares aren't enough for me.

Go watch Eraserhead. That'll mess you up for a day or two.

watch The Nightmare on Netflix my guy. trust me

I liked it as well. i really enjoyed it actually

Event horizon it's just good

Demon possession does require a bit of suspension of disbelief on my part, but I can do that pretty easily if I want to. I can believe anything I like temporarily.

youtube.com/watch?v=rLy-AwdCOmI

How about Running Scared? That movie isn't exactly "scary" as it is fucked up and suspenseful. It's fantastic though, and it will give you anxiety. Should keep you up.

I remember this one, freaked me out big time when I was a kid

Your moms dirtyass sex tape

Sinister 1, the sequel is shit.

Babbadick

haha epic meme xD. upvoted friend!

No it won't.

That movie was fucked up. From the alien baby to the girl in the radiator, nothing but strange shit

I watch the Guinea Pig series while I beat my meat.

super good movie

Insidious. I don't care what anybody says, the whole Further act fucked me up

Pulse

the poughkeepsie tapes

The first was pretty good, 2nd movie meh, third movie wtfno.avi

The Descent (2005)
[Rec] (2007)
The Woman (2011) - more athmospheric scary
The Collector (2009)
The Loved Ones (2009)
Eden Lake (2008)
A l'interieur (2007)
High Tension (2003)

1408 is worth a watch

America hasnt made a true horror film in 15 years or so

the descent was one that made me afraid of the dark but i was 16 at the time, i am an adult now and it takes a lot for a movie to scare me. things that scare me now that i am in my 20's is missing out on lost opportunities and having nightmares about them. the thought of being alone and becoming old scares me so movies that make you think too much gives me heeby jeebies

Anyone here like the movie Oculus? I thought it was really interesting. Not high production, nor is it super spooky. But the concept was neat.

yes. agreed, that could be on my list too.

I can vouch for The Descent, great movie.

Also watch the Hills Have Eyes, those are pretty spoopy tbh.

You'll probably have to go to the cinema..but the new It scared the shit out of me lol

You will not sleep, after this..

I didn't find the new It to be all that scary, actually. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it for the story and atmosphere, but I failed to receive the apprehension aspect of it. I never felt any real fear outta it

None of these movies are actually scary. Its all nu-horror that relies on jump scares.

House of wax
The audition

>says these aren't scary
>doesn't list any counter argument or list of movies

Hard core 1979
Green room
Original old boy
/thread

I love Old Boy, but how is it scary...?

The new IT was meh & full of those shitty modern jump scares. Only part that I felt was good was the acting. Not including Bill Skarsgard's Penny wise. Which is unfortunate cause he's a good actor but it must've been shitty directing.

Then again most horror doesn't scare me, I'm kinda desensitized & don't have fears that most people do.

It Follows

Tried stuff like
Salo or the 120 Days of Sodom,
Cannibal Holocaust,
A Serbian Film?
That will fuck u up. Maybe not scary, but...

OP here. Have a pretty good list now. Thanks guys

have fun!

I've seen Cannibal holocaust & A Serbian film but not that other one, thanks user I'll check it out

Okay, honestly, that movie made zero sense to me. Like, it made sense up until the last 10 minutes. What movie did she have to kill her mother, and why did she suddenly decide to go to the dark side? It just was too sudden and made no sense.

Fingers crossed

It was more funny than scary, I mean I saw this scene & just about died laughing. There are so many memes that are being made from the movie as well. So that's gotta tell you something.

I want a reaction gif of pennywise waving with that kid's arm

I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

It's disturbing and grotesque. Experiencing those can effect sleep, OP says he don't wanna sleep.

Gtfo fag

That'd be great

Samefag. it does have a cool soundtrack and tone tho. Just not scary/mildly boring

My future sex tape

The Blair witch project

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

Sorry but without the initial hype of it being advertised as legitimate found footage, it's a total snooze fest

It's still pretty good. Like with any horror movie all you have to do is let yourself get sucked into the plot and characters to enjoy it

Pffft

I wouldn't write it off because of that. Anything popular that contains even the slightest bit if originality is guaranteed to be ruined by memers.

dude I was gonna post Funny Games. I can't quite categorize it but it seriously bothered the fuck out of me. I feel grimy just thinking about it

The first time I saw The Witch I hated it but I attribute it to the way it was marketed, like I went in there with an expectation of what it was.

This isn't scary. It's a weird/awesome.

buse your bangimation

Hell House - those clowns will fuck you up.

You gotta watch a Serbian film

shutter is an amazing horror film. i was looking for something new and it was recommended to me a couple years ago, loved it.

I would add to that list:

Frontier
Martyrs
Ich seh, ich seh
Babadook
One missed call

I get you. I was falling asleep tbh.

For the same reason people claim films like The Boondock Saints & Old Boy are "the best films ever made"

In order to look indie/hip/cool/unique.

>Ich seh, ich seh
haven't seen ich seh ich seh, the rest are good..

Funny games fucked me up to George sr. Was a cuck.

Can't believe it hasn't been said yet, but Autopsy of Jane Doe really did it for me. No real jumpscares, just a ton of creepy atmosphere

Got one, but it's over 2mb.

The decent was a travesty. They should have named it stupid hoes in a cave.

Read the book it was supposed to be based on. Not really scary but creepy as hell.

Yeah it sucked. A lot better production but it lost something along the way

Tucker and Dale vs evil.

where's this from?

A sadly underrated movie and very well acted. Would not have watched it had I known the premise and roster, glad I went in blind.

Agreed, it somehow shines through all it's pre2000 cheese