How's your band going Sup Forums?

how's your band going Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

absolutenotion.bandcamp.com/album/wincanton-glastonbury-and-other-various-things
soundcloud.com/user-167298638/livoniataylor-city-forever
youtube.com/watch?v=IKp725t5jeM
mybliss.bandcamp.com/album/wallow-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It isn't

Broke up 5 years ago this September.

It's probably never going to happen

Recording a demo album in two weeks
We got about 7-8 songs planned to record so hopefully it works out okay, gonna go rent the mics, cables, mixer and other shit next weekend

dropped our first album yesterday and it's probably shit but it sounds good to us so we like it

Post linkss

linkage!

absolutenotion.bandcamp.com/album/wincanton-glastonbury-and-other-various-things

3 hours of talentless hack garbage bandcambient coming up

>bassist refuses to play anything but dadrock
>drummer kicks ass but never really wants to hang out
>no vocalist
>no name
>no idea what genre to be
started a black metal project that might have the drummer in it, not 100% sure yet. got a few riffs, still struggling with soloing and vocals.
links senpai
post it when it drops

shit sucks

link something you've done.

Sounds like a lot of you aren't meant to be in bands. My band formed by fate, I got lucky to find someone who thinks extremely alike and that I work perfectly with. If that luck doesn't find you you gotta go solo which takes longer.

Pretty well actually

The instruments for the new EP are done, they sent me the files to do vocals over but i'm depressed and apathetic and don't want to do anything except sleep and drink booze all day.

I moved away from the city they/we're originally based out of. Our guitarist doesn't want to do live shows. So the drummer and I are gonna do a show on our own in January, we'll see how that goes.

rather well, going to try out recording with a producer

i know lol

I like it! The only ambient album I can actually listen to.

>no drummer

I got bored of everyone even me.

wasnt expecting to still be listening, not much for ambient generally speaking i always feel like it's missing something, like a piano or something to move it along. but this is pretty cool thanks man.

>Going solo
>Can't find a drummer

>drummer kicks ass but never really wants to hang out

That's not entirely a bad thing. Hanging out leads to friendship and being close friends with your bandmates leads to bigger issues when you can't get along musically. You won't want to hurt anyone's feelings but eventually you will and somebody will be a little bitch and quit.

i think people get the wrong idea about bands. It's more of a collaborative work project than a friendship kinda thing.

Broke up about one year ago when I moved to go to college in another country. We played skagaze with some strong jazz influences. It was kinda fun, I always had something to do. We did get around recording an EP on Cassette but honestly I'm not too much of a fan of it.

Right now I'm playing some sideman stuff for jazz as either a pianist or a bassist. Kinda wanna join a band, or start one. I definitely have a drummer on board, the guy's got great taste. Neither of us can sing for shit so at this point we're wondering if we should just do something like Mouse on the Keys but with only one keyboardist and slight shoegaze influences.

make shit singing a part of the art and have both of you singing in sync as badly as possible

Fantastic, too bad I made it up and it only exists in my mind.

>tfw no band

We're doing okay. We're taking a month or two hiatus to focus on recording an EP we've had written for a few months now, and to focus on cosplay for an upcoming convention.

We did get booked a show with Terror Pigeon next month, so thats cool.

We're a three piece fuzz-gloom group.

>skagaze
What in the mother niggering christ were you thinking?

It's just me, so not much of a band. Started making music not long ago.

Honestly I wouldn't even mind if we were to do something like spoken word stuff while heavily vocoded to sound like an old radio transmission. We kinda wanna do that for an album, but not as the whole thing as we feel we'd run out of ideas fairly quickly.

Don't blame me, blame the guitarrist (and the main guy behind the band, also he had patrician taste most of the time). We started out as a ska band - he was a big fan of Two Tone ska - without horns and making up for it thanks to him using noise stuff since he was a big fan of noise rock, then one day he decided to change up his pedals so it went reverb into fuzz into distortion rather than the old way which he did. Ended up being kinda shoegazey and since me and him both liked shoegaze we decided to give it a shot and it sort of worked out. In the end it was a pretty unique sound, but it wasn't anything spetacular since we were just high schoolers.

should i ever be a FWB with a bandmate, it's a male.

how much do you care about the band is it serious?

well it's been about four years we've been playing together so I guess so.

Eh, Guitarist-Here. My lead vocalist / drum-machine programmer and my bassist have started dating since we have been a band. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it makes practices awkward sometimes when things are tense in their relationship and it shows in the music.

Tuners gonna get all messed up leaning it on the amp like that.

are you also male?

yes.

if you're serious about it, i'd treat it like work. so, if you have a job and fuck your co-workers and can manage that fine, go for it. if not, i wouldn't. but then again could end up with a fleetwood mac/no doubt situation.

niqqa u gay

that's not the point.
obviously underage. plz ban.

jokes on you

>band
pls don't remind me

my drummer is too sick and busy to get his kit out of storage to finish recording the drum part for the newest album. Technically it's a solo album, but i'm too lazy to admit to myself that i'll have to do it myself if i ever want to release this shit.

>black metal project
I wish I could find people around my area that are willing to make some black genre stuff

>drummer
>solo
g-great man

Going pretty good, 99.9999% done recording, using an old tascam to record so we can take our time since it's ours, but it's been a long process and a lot of learning. All in all fun though

ive been working on some solo project black metal but so far i only have one riff, a xylophone piece from a dream i had, and partial lyrics to one song i came up with

I'm having a hard time accepting it.

>my band

I'm working on an experimental synthpop band with a guy who has done vaporwave and nu-disco before. It's going to be interesting.

>How is my solo effort coming?

Nichard Dixon is releasing a new album in 5 days, although I am concerned and actually freaking out considering it is so different from everything else I have put out.

I'm too pussy to actually play in front of other people. Not to mention, I wouldn't even know where to start in forming a band. My friends are all moving (or already moved) away, and my coworkers all think i'm a fucking weirdo (I am).

Guess i'll be a basement musician forever.

soundcloud.com/user-167298638/livoniataylor-city-forever

Solo stuff btw if anyone is interested

Just want to make some kick ass music and play some kick ass shows while living out of my car. Can't even make a decent riff on top of never even playing an electric. Only friend who wants to start a band doesn't even talk to me anymore. Pretty sure he would be into a genre anyway. There's so much missing it will take a literal miracle for anything to happen

No band but I do have a mic and a lot of friends that can give me free beats so Imma rap for soundclout then try for a record deal or some stupid shit
Or just continue with college like a normal person :/

That was awful please quit

>post it when it drops
Will do. It'll probably be shit but hopefully it's better then most low quality shit on SoundCloud threads.

I've been told otherwise.

Jesus, that was a train wreck.

I like your singing at the beginning but it train wrecks and gets awkward after the first minute when you start singing random jumbles of notes. Also the composition is kinda boring. Hope you keep working on developing your style though.

I have been trying to get a band together since moving to an actual city. I can always find people that seem pretty interested until I start trying to get people together to jam and all the sudden no one is interested. Feels bad man.

It's supposed to do that, its not like I fucked up on it or anything. I was working a lot with dissonence and more DIY textures on the song.

Pretty bad. Unorganized mess. Other guitarist only likes crappy alt from the early 2000's and keeps declaring "WE'RE AN ALT BAND" but NOBODY else thinks that way

My bandmates are all living 300 miles from each other due to work commitment and we only get together and practice once in 3 months. I miss having free time.

my other band mate never wants to make music, plus he want to be sole creator of all the music even though his music writing capability is pretty low, but other than that hes a chill dude. Also im ignoring the drummer, but whatever best to work on solo stuff

get an octopad and load up melodic samples to throw in, you could also do heavy vocoding/autotune and hum/sing while you play for melodic shit, or just multitrack and learn production software to accompany yourself

shit where you live

sounds exactly like my band lmao

our tastes aren't very similar but we mesh really well. 2 shows lined up in the coming months and we've just started and album. Put out a short ep recently as well

Drummer and Guitarist moved to Florida for work, Bassist lives in Virginia. I still write and record songs that I plan to release under our name.

What a douche

check this bullshit out.
youtube.com/watch?v=IKp725t5jeM

My bad broke up after high school :(

joined this band just made a album debut it sounds cool to us listen to gaycowboy

forgot to post link mybliss.bandcamp.com/album/wallow-2

>gaycowboy
Won't even click the link. Kys faggots.

Go to bed mehdy

all my instruments are broken and i don't have any money

I'm spending countless hours writing emo rock and pop punk songs for my band who don't even put in any time outside of practice to create anything. We're planning an EP release by September. I hate the type of music we're making and that they're pushing me down to bass even though I'm better than our rhythm guitarist who is too stubborn to admit he's not musically intelligent and just wanks all practice playing dad rock and pop punk riffs instead of improvising with us. Doesn't help that he's butt buddies with the drummer so he always has an upper hand, but it's easy writing and I don't need to find other band mates yet. depending on how that goes I'll stick with them or work on my surf punk project.

Good old midwest emo? Or mallcore emo?

Also, dude, why the fuck are you in a band with them? You sound extremely frustrated.

>Pushing me down to bass
As a bassist, this offends me.
Drop those idiots and go find a band that can actually collaborate with you and play the kind of music you want to play.

And find someone who actually wants to hold down the low end for your bass player, please.

Quit the band and doing solo stuff these days.
Easier and better in every aspect.

Where'd you find that picture of my band?

Practicing guitar. That's step one. Problem is, I have too many influences/inspirations though. I have no idea what kind of music I want to play, or how to combine my influences.

Same troubles here user. Burning passion, and no idea what to do with it.

Pretty good but I feel like we don't have that creative chemistry together that I dream of in a band, y'know like bouncing crazy ideas off each other until they grow into monsters and then staying up til 5am really excited working on something together or some shit.

But maybe it's just the same way people have too high expectations of love, they expect to find the perfect "soul mate" but for most people that never happens, rather they just find a "good enough" partner. And I guess my band is "good enough".

Yeah man, I don't know if I can make no-wave emo noise metal campfire songs.

It's a solo project and it's going...
I'm not going to lie. It's not going. I'm procrastinating so fucking much it's kind of hilarious.

amazing actually, backyard shows will be in full swing by year's end, by this time next year we'll either be signed to sargent house or dead

>""""""""""""""""""experimental""""""""""""""""""
Off yourself cunt

West Mids, UK

You sound like my friend and bandmate

I've been looking in the local scene, but no luck yet. Bassist aren't really sought after; and pianists aren't either - besides jazz, that is, but honestly I can't help but feel that jazz isn't something band-related, I'm not close enough to the folks I play with.

You're kinda dreaming. You really all need to be on the same page for that to happen. That said, it's nice to get closer to your bandmates and know what they wanna do.

To answer OP's question: We're currently on standby due to our drummer being on vacation for three months... Other than that we're doing pretty good, not quite enough songs rehearsed to play at a gig though. I'm doing most of the writing, chords, vocals, and the lead guitarist who's also founder of the band helps me out and adds his perspective and it always turns out great. We like to not stick to any one genre, the only two songs that we've recorded so far are pretty much 90's alt rock/grungy, but we also have some jazzy stuff, emo-ish stuff, folky stuff and some post rocky stuff, and most of it with a grungy sound but with a generous amount of reverb. It's fun.

marilyn manson fucks most of his bandmates, or at least blows them sometimes, not sure if that helps you or not..

>it's still only me
>it's still only fragments of songs
>the music in my mind is too ambitious to do alone

Tom? Daniel?

Nope

Doing okay, been playing about 2 years now. Play shows regularly in smaller but well known venues around London, played in Manchester a couple of times. Have our biggest support slot to date at the end of the year, looking forward to that

Just finished writing my 16th song, aiming for 30 then gonna record and then whittle down to about 20 for an "album". Drums and learning to use ableton properly is the main issue ahead of me. Hence the reason ive just been cracking them out on my iphone roughly to jog my memory when the time comes to put them down properly. I think ive been at it for a while. Not too long. Actually does anyone know how you can set the bpm differently for certain scenes in your ableton play stack. I just see the big ticker up the top for universal bpm, pleb I know