Have an issue with an employer

Have an issue with an employer.

I quit a job yesterday. Lots of red flags lead me to believe the owner was a criminal. Still owes me $$$. Not a lot, like $150. But it is my money, none the less.

I have company tools in my possession. Totaling $400. If I send these tools back, I know I won't get my money. But if I keep them, it is theft and I can have the cops called on me.

What would you do?

Some things to consider:
I recorded a call where he threatened me saying that I would "Be unhappy when he visits my house to get the tools himself."
I have a couple of texts where his training personnel who has been doing business with him for the last 15 years basically told me to commit extortion and demand greatly inflated payment of my services or I will call the cops and have them arrested. I never did this, but I was told to.
The service is locksmith, and I helped people get back into their cars and houses.
Their call center consists of 1 friend and 1 family member who I think have autism or something. They are very uneducated people and have gotten pissy with me because they miss understood many simple instructions and questions I've asked after they gave me incorrect information. Questions like, "can you confirm the numbers of the address you sent? The one you sent does exist in the area." My literal response was, "Yes, go there. Stop making it hard on us."
He stole my tip money, which is against state law as tips fall under property of the servicer.
He advised me he was getting two employees upon me getting hired so I can have days off. For the time I worked there, I was on call 24/7 and would frequently get around 6 hours of sleep over 3 days of work. Turns out, he had no intention of getting another guy to help me cover the week.
There's a few more things, but I think you get the picture.

Bump

Use the tools to break into the office and steal 150 bucks.

Give the tools back stupid. You probably got fired for fucking something up and now you think he owes you

Ah, America. The world's richest third world country.

this

You must be a nice obedient slave. Probably also support blue lives matter and never question your government. Bitch.

He lives out of state.
I don't know what to say to that absurdity.
I agree.
See above.

Just leave a call or text like hey, want to give your tools back. Also I'm owed some money from my last paycheck, could I come in on xxx and drop of the tools and pick up my last paycheck?

If it's documented like that you'll have some recourse with your state DOL if he tries to fuck you.

Use tools to kill self, make it look like a homicide.

Cops will keep tools as evidence, he can't harm you. You get your $150 of virgins in anhero heaven.

We don't have to listen to OP faggotree
Everyone wins.

pic related.

dubs tho

Just call the cops now. Preemptive move on your part will help. Threatening phone call, tell them you're scared to return the tools and get your money so have cops arrange the exchange. No harm no foul

He lives out of state. I have to send him the tools back. The issue is that if I send it to him, I know I won't get paid. But if I hold on to them till I get paid, it can be construed as theft or ransoming or something.
Silly Sup Forums.
K.

I had a situation like that this summer. Had an interview for an Admin Assistant position, dude seemed legit. Then he told me to work from home, keep track of my hours myself, and wouldn't give me more info about the "company". Then he wanted me to trawl Craigslist to find contractors and he would set them up with work in their area.
Finally found a news article about the guy who turned out to be convicted of fraud. I took all my work down from the Google drive I had given him access to, told him I was done working for him but I'd give him the spreadsheet for $100. Never heard back from him. At least I only wasted like 3 days.

I'm sorry, what exactly is the issue here? you have the tools, but how can he prove it? just deny you have the tools. if he sends someone around to threaten you, beat the shit out of them. if you can't, then just be a pussy and call the cops.

you sound like the kind of guy who would be afraid of the guy ass pounding you instead of angry.

Why does he owe you money?

Just keep them and claim you don't have them stupid.

Unless he has you taking them on video.

So did you not read the post, or are you pretending to be an idiot?

tips; learn to read, dumbass
>inb4 you can't read this
How does someone who is very clearly illiterate form a question and post? Do you have an aide?

>it can be construed as theft or ransoming or something.
I'm no lawfag but it doesn't take a genius for someone to work out exactly why you withheld the tools until you got what was legally yours.

Because I worked for him, and he owes me money for my jobs performed.

I don't see how claiming I don't have them will work. He knows I have them, logically the police would be able to know I have them since I was the only employee to use them, and they were assigned only to me. They were delivered to me directly. Tracking numbers and what not, man.
This.

Also, I took advice and will be visiting the station today to file a report. They said they may not be able to get him on the threat even though it sounds like he did, but they believe he is definitely telling me to commit extortion.

I would contact the police and tell them a very innocuous version of the story where you had a falling out, want to return the tools but now you've been threatened.

Basically get the sheriff's office to help you return the tools which gives you an impeachable source of proof that you returned them. Perhaps you can also push the threats into some sort of criminal action against the dude.

$150 is $150 but I might forgo that to see a shitbird go to jail for harassment.

>coming on Sup Forums for advice on anything but onaholes
call better business bureau tell them your situation they'll tell your boss to pay up and if he doesn't he'll get fired or the store will get shut down and you can just sell the fucking tools

K.
I've used the BBB before. They don't do anything.