What does Sup Forums think of scooters?

What does Sup Forums think of scooters?

>cheap
>low gas cost
>can park anywhere
>easy to handle and maintain

It's the perfect transportation for an urban setting.

Why are you not riding one?

depends on the roads and quality of people tbqh , in turkey you might get killed because people are stupid and everyone has a licesnse. I dont think same applies to europe?

I don't use an 18 hp cuck mobile. I ride a man's two-wheeled machine.

Enjoy your higher insurance premium and gas cost.

My insurance is $75 / year.

My gas mileage is almost 40 mpg. For the insane performance I get, that's good enough for me.

Get a Motercycle you fucking pussy
I get like 40 mpg on my big ass 1500 cruiser and look at lot more badass than your faggot ass
This guy knows what's up

I have a small 125cc motorbike. It's perfect for all our small country and town/village roads.

Enjoy crashing and killing yourselves because of the powerful engine.

While I ride by and laugh at you guys.

>high insurance
>not going with minimal coverage so that payout is only to the one who is hit
switzerland u crack me up

I pay 60$/yr, if you ave a ducati or aprilla or something thats rather exotic or supersport u want higher insurance in a sense but its not always necessary

are you a shriner?
are you < 10 yoa?
no?
kys

Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. It's fun until your friends see you do it

>mfw a "man's two-wheeled machine" is too fat and heavy to fit along the side of stopped cars on single track roads and me and other small bikes just pop around the side

And, here in Europe
>buying a machine that can do 120mph on roads that can only be safely navigated at 30-40

Literally throwing money away.

Becouse you look retarded, they sound like someone constantly farting in a pot and you'll be considered a 13 yo little shit who hasn't got a drivers license so you bought a scooter to show off to your friends and do """"""insane""""" stunts.

Meanwhile I get everywhere, park everywhere and ride while paying almost nothing.

I win.

Would buy if my area wasn't a frozen hellscape for 1/4 the year.

>you are going to hurt yourself
Fucking moron
Get a bike like this If you are too scared too have some power between your legs
You are just scared a woman might talk try to start a conversation with you if you get a Motercycle so you want to scare them away with your cuck mobile
You are in just as much danger as with a moped but you look like a bigger faggot

>a machine that can do 120mph
>120mph

Yeah. In 3rd gear.

>cruiser
>badass

Get a real bike faget

>What does Sup Forums think of scooters?

They're like a fat woman. Can be fun to ride, but you don't want your friends to see you with one.

Get a bicycle, you fat fuck.

Nah man, my moped is better than your shit motorcycle.

>UK
>Europe

I bet you are one of those stay cucks

I ride one.

50CCs of raw two stroke fury.

Outta my way bitches.

The UK and Europe both are 99% old roads that are just paved over dirt tracks.

Shit, there's places in Spain and Italy that are STILL just dirt tracks.

This is what happens when thousands of years of human travel is suddenly changed, but people still need to get to the same places.

I kind of want to get one but

>The fact that you'll be maimed or killed from a fender-bender collision
>The fact that a helmet mats down your hair and makes you sweat (hot climate)

I've always wanted a sidecar motorcycle, but I get wildly different answers about how practical they are for daily commuter travel. Apparently motorcycles are absolutely miserable in the summer.

I'd also want to move into a house with the space to maintain it.

>Apparently motorcycles are absolutely miserable in the summer.

You would need to be some kind of retard to use that on an American road with a manlet Dodge truck driver on one side, and an unfocused soccer mom with a 2 ton SUV on the other.

Everyone knows that winter is the best season for bikes.

scooters are very unstable with their small wheels compared to a motorcycle.

With an under-powered motorcycle (or scooter) you carry more speed than you should because accelerating is painfully bad. On a big bike if you see something scary, you tap the brakes by default because you can go as fast as you want with a twist of the right grip.

ex motorcycle guy (for now). 250k+ miles in urban setting. smashed the fuck up (but a too aggressive rider).

>accelerating is painfully bad

Bullshit. Well, only mostly.

My 125cc motorbike still accelerates faster than pretty much any car you'll encounter on these roads.

Have a 2007 ducati monster, it's based as fuck. Really want a 400 ninja or a 79s CB next.

Motorcycles are fucking great.

Because I have dignity.

I see them often in NYC.
Doesn't mean I have to like them.

Get a bicycle or use the public transportation you losers.

i'm not 15

Yeah, well that is nothing compared to a 1000cc.

>> on these roads

really, britcuck?

Besides you need enough power and brakes and tire grip to make the car traffic appear to be a translating 2d board on which to position yourself for maximum visibility to the sleeping car drivers.

In spite of that, the fuckers can still get you killed.

You can get the same sort of crazy mileage with a small motorcycle and not look like a dork, and have the flexibility to get on the highway if you need to. Once you're used to it, the manual transmission becomes totally automatic you don't think about it and it's no more trouble than a CVT scooter.

You can do 60 on them unless you are a massive pussy

I ride a motorcycle

Get a real bike ,
Honda Africa twin master race

>>Moto Guzzi

That's a fine steed good sir.

Everything from the boots on the fork to the upright seating position makes for an excellent commuter choice.

Stay safe.

why use this if you can use bicycle?

thx bro.. i try to stay safe.. pedestrians, cyclists, and drivers are all idiots in NYC i've decided

Because I live in a place where you literally need a pick up truck

Where do you park your bike in NYC? I want to get a moped, but I fear it will get stolen easily by parking it on the street, even if it's chained up.

I have an electric push bike. I can use paths and canals and get to places much quicker than on a scooter or in a car. My commute time is 1/3 of what it was when I had a car.

>I have a midlife crisis machine

Fixed that for you.

Because my state is bigger than your whole country.

Yeah, insurance and gas costs are literally not an argument

The half life of the rider is unacceptable.

I get 60mpg from the safety of the prius

Riding a scooter is a lot like fucking a man in the ass. Feel pretty good until you look down and remember that you're a faggot.

I have a garage space.. I ride to work a lot and park in an inconspicuous place on the sidewalk.. if you find one, they typically dont seem to ticket

there are also some motorcycle parking areas too

if you're really concerned about theft, get comprehensive insurance

or get a guzzi like me that barely anyone has so it doesnt make a lot of sense to chop up

If you're considering a moped just get a fucking bike instead, it's the same thing except even cheaper and with the added benefit of keeping you in shape.

Tbqh though the ultimate always seemed to me to be the sidecar motorcycle.

This guy knows what's up. Going out by yourself? Detach sidecar, enjoy your cheap ride and amazing parking opportunities. Need to bring someone somewhere, pick up groceries etc? Slap on the sidecar and get going. Downside where?

you cant just easily attach and detach sidecars unfortunately

once it's on, it's on for a while unless you love wrenching a lot

>Mfw motorcyclefags get all butthurt because their heavy and expensive bikes are shit compared to a handy scooter in an urban environment

Feels good to save so much money and ride better than you fags dressed in faggot leather clothes. What are you? Some sort of Village People member or just an kinky fag?

you wont be bragging about not wearing any gear when you get side swiped, dummy

also, my upright stance motorcycle is great for the city, AND i can take it up to the mountains and enjoy a nice ride

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahaha this is so it. This is so fucking it.

Go buy a fucking 250cv racing motorcycle if you don't have the proper license for a bigger one. Scooters scream "fuck me in the ass until I black out" no matter if you're a man or a woman.

I would love to get a nice bike but I risk getting shot in the face.

i've seen some of those videos.. feel sorry for u :^/

Every sidecar motorcycle I've seen has a rear tire worn near completely square, because of the no-lean thing

That would be 'fun' to ride on as a motorcycle.

Besides a sidecar license is different from a motorcycle license (no shit). They drive completely different. To pull the sidecar off you would have to have both classes on your permit.

I wore jeans and t-shirt for years (with gloves and heavy boots). Lost some skin a couple times, but nothing permanent.

I actually wrecked several times wearing my rain suit. With that plastic on wet pavement you slide forever. Inverse slip-and-slide.

I'm ok. I'll just walk.

Give the burger the benefit of the doubt. In Florida the winters have lows in the 50s(ºF). Summer has highs in the triple digits. With no air conditioning it isn't impossible that a rider wearing protective gear could get heat stroke.

This really depends on where you live. I lived in Rome for a while, I owned an old Triumph Trophy 900 and a Burgman 125. The streets can be tiny, the trophy at times was a pain in the ass, used the scooter more.

But more power is much cooler t b h

That thing makes anyone look like a retard faggot
A real bike is the way to go but too dangerous I know a lot of people that got disabled or died riding a bike, all it takes is a women or a intoxicated nigger driving fast and you're dead

i remember some swiss guy from combat arm eu forum with bike.
are u him by any change?
would be weird...

I think they're the fedoras of self-powered motor vehicles.

Combine it with a vapestick and an actual fedora and each time you'll pass any woman on the street her cunt will dry up so much you'll see sand falling out through whatever she's wearing at the moment.

>implying a maxi scooter doesn't exist.

It's better than a shitty motorcycle.

whats the downside of buying a motorcycle like in and then attatching a side car?

i wouldn't be comfortable riding a motorcycle on its own simply due to having to balance, the sidecar would make it sturdy and not need balance, right?

Better than motorcycles.

You don't have to die if you want to donate a kindey mate.

These scooters are as fast as motorcycles.

The fuck are you talking about? They actually look cool.

Like the scooters from Akira.

>balance

Have you ever ridden even a push-bike? The bike keeps itself balanced when you're moving any faster than not at all.

i have vertigo
i dont want any chance

... doesn't ur cigarette burn faster if you have constant wind pushing onto it?

Nah, sorry man.

Used by plebs, shitskins and snobs here

i'l pass

Because they're faggy as fuck and the sound of them pisses me off.

I'd rather build an electric motorcycle or get one of those conversion kits for a regular bicycle.

Scooters have not been cool since fucking Fooly Cooly was a thing and even then it's still only weaboo fashion.

same
I mostly commute in the city, 30mph limits
£5 of petrol can last 2 weeks

What I meant is a hypothetical situation in which you crash into a truck with said fast scooter and your kidneys get scraped off the side of the road for a transplantation.

I agree that it looks as good as a motorbike but where and when would you unleash its full potential? While riding to the grocery store?

Cuck-mobile

WHATS WITH THE ANTI CAR SHILLING TODAY!?!?

>WHATS WITH THE ANTI CAR SHILLING TODAY!?!?

Oh so that's what those belts are for!

Well, there is always the MP3...

Is there a type of motorcycle is just good all around in terms of gas milage, reliability, and decent enough speed?

Sidecars are pita, you get stuck in normal traffic and then it starts to rain, people in cars look at you like you be crazy.
Get a two wheel or a car.

any 500 - 750 japanese bike with upright stance

Honda CB500F
Yamaha FZ-07

etc

Rain?

Don't make me laugh

actually the fz-07 doesnt have ABS. def get ABS if you get a bike

If I crash into you at high speed in my car you're going to die either way, but if you die on the scooter the news will report that you were an avid member of the gay community.

>Russian drivers
>Russian Traffic
>Russian Weather

other than that though, they are a lot of fun. If you live in a safe country to ride, try one out.