Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums
This is Vietnamese, but I don't know what it says, my grandfather took it while serving in Vietnam, he is dead now and didn't tell anyone about it

The numbers on the side are: 42-65-54

"Place into anal careful" is the literal translation

self bump

oh thanks

Looks like an unexploded RPG. Picking up a dud would probably be significant if you or a soldier in Vietnam. Why else would he bring back something like this?

Looks like the fuze of some projectile.

Thanks user

full photo op

The bottom

tripwire bomb most likely

is that dirt or wood

wood, and there seems to be some kind of fuzzy string inside

microwave it

dont you dare pull it or microwave it

I'll wrap it in foil first

There's the string I can see

OP Dont do these unless y ou wanna die

This is not vietnamese. google vietnamese alphabet : not vietnamese.

I mean.. it was taken from Vietnam....

It's chinese.

the first character means "no" in chinese
I think it is Chinese

can someone translate the word on it?

kek

"no not microwave user-san"

First character is 天, heaven. Working on the other ones, but fuck counting strokes and looking up radicals.

it is definitely chinese, but the first chracter is not "no. It is pronounced "tian" meaning "sky" or "heaven"
I can't make out the other chracters clearly enough.

Please?

Op can we get a great picture of letters?

"I sucked off 5 gooks in a brothel for this"
Loosely translated. Working on the rest.

Link it if its over 2mb

Kekd

It's a claymore mine.

Di di mau

its a mine but not a claymore

Working on finding a magnifying glass or something

thats small for antitank so its antipersonel

I was wrong, it isn't "tian". My gf says the first two characters means "not related"

She can't make out the rest

take a proper picture with focus you retard

Din du nuffin

Hey , that is actually not vietnamese. It is actually Chinese. Here is what it says: "Reply to this or your mother will die in her sleep"

Fuck you

im not gonna reply because i hate my mother

fix your focus you idiot

im trying god damnit

Second one looks like 父 radical top right and 田 bottom right, and I'm not sure about the left radical. I can't find any character with that combination in the dictionaries, but my chink-fu is poor.

It a fuse for a projectile, prob timed for air burst or ground burst (am ex EOD)

she now says the other bit says

"1 formula"

now that I see the relative size of the thing, the fuse to a 60mm mortar makes the most sense. That would explain why it's full of dirt and wood. because it came down from a high angle could have picked up some debris and was later dug up. the UXO disposed of and he kept the fuse.

无 ? - 1式
From looking at it im pretty sure this is the first and the last

>The numbers on the side are: 42-65-54
Your mom's measurements?

it's probably a spent blasting cap or trigger for some kind of munition, guessing a personnel mine. i didn't get any proper training on far east munitions, only balkan, russian and central european stuff but i'm guessing the ribber part at the top is the fuze delay, the main piece is the actual blasting cap or trigger charge, and that the wood was an improvised or specifically purposed handle, probably for sticking under things. hole going through the middle was probably the main safety pin. if there's a hole on the opposite side it's almost definitely a safety.

i could be very, very wrong though. it's not uncommon for soldiers to bring back things that almost killed them though.

It's a booby trap, op!
Get out of the house now!!

took a closer look at the other things, it's almost definitely a fuze for some kind of mortar or similar charge. the ribbed bit at he top is certainly the delay thing, the impact must have caused the wood to be embedded. at first i thought it looked intentional but it almost certainly isn't after taking another glance.

Yeah looks like you're onto something, but I'm stumped by that second character.

While I agree with you it is also fair to say that, Reply to this or your mother will die in her sleep.

Ur gay

Dick

its for sure a gook destroyer 9000
youre suppose to microwave it then stick it up your asshole

Sound about right

Since this seems like a thread with a few knowing peopley, i will contribute, i found this coin in about 30cm depth in the forest ground with my metal detector, the other side is so destroyd that u cant see anything

Fucking nicee

it clearly says:
O P I S A F A G G O T

this is my thread mother fucker

Thats actually a very old spanish coin it says " Reply to this or your mother will die in her sleep"

i marked the lines i can see with my bare eye its not so easy to see in the pic, and sry op but this coin has been a mystery for me so long and i wanna know what it is

Time for another round of "Will it Explode?".

OP, if no one here can help try reddit /whatisthisthing
someone there will be able to read it.

Is it not the percussion cap from some sort of ordnance, most likely an artillery round. The cap on the top would be twisted either for it to detonate on impact or after 'x' amount of time thus it explodes either in the air or under the ground creating two difference effects.

I'm not a rice gook so I don't understand the lettering but I collect shells and percussion caps from WW1 artillery/ ships etc and have seen many like this.

Nah I don't care, this is a mystery thread

Old chucky cheese coin circa 98

Is it 描? 无描 = no description? That's pretty disappointing kek.

Looks like the top of an exploded mortar round.

It's called a Bouncing Betty.

Forgot to post image, here.

I think your might just be a shitty cheap version of the same thing.

OKAY FUCKING UPDATE: I CAN TWIST THE TOP

we haven't had one of these in a while

Ok

Twist the shit outta it, also, fucking pics muh nigg.

translation says: "fukkin kek m8 kys"
you're welcome

I'll take macro mode for 100 Alex.

This kills the op.

DON'T TWIST IT OP!!

Looks similar?

kek imagine 50+ years worth of volatile ordnance as well lmao op would get cooked like a gook covered in agent orange

Looks to me like a training mortar shell. The stuff inside is inert filler. The flat cap at the top is where the detonator/fuse assembly would go on a live shell.

pretty sure that'd be it.

nice taste.

It's not a mortar head you fucking mongols. It's the fuze for an artillery shell. Notice how it has to be screwed in, the top twisted and set as a timer for the type of explosion shut the fuck up trying to tell this op it's a mortar.

Fucking fresh out of college history cunts go do some research take it from someone who's a museum curator in SE England, learn your subject matter before teaching other people what you think you know.

It's fuse not fuze you fuck nut

>Bouncing Betty
Just like your mom