I want to know your guy's opinion on something
>be me in school
>have class
>not a good teacher but whatever
>look at grade progress and find it's an F
>WTF.jpg
>turns out, they don't accept work unless it's 70%
>they don't teach subject well
This class is hurting my GPA and if it weren't for the fact that only 70% or above is even entered in I'd probably be passing with about a C
Anyone else in school have stupid shit like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KFah8Wk9Dy4&t=11s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What grade you in?

I know, but that wasn't the question

Junior year

The only stupid shit here is you

I know I'm a stupid peice of shit, you don't need to point it out

Underage ban

I'm 18, I was held back

Dont worry you are not Alone, there are many special people out there. Have you heard of Autism? You might have it

Bump with stupidity

...I honestly wouldn't be surprised

How about getting 100's or high 90's on your assignments and tests?

Do you think I don't try, it's hard when they don't teach the subject well, and learn a whole new language

What language, what level, and what is your first-language.

Spanish, second year, English

Second year Spanish only stresses grammar, all you have to do is memorize the verbs and the 4 forms that are taught at that level.
Critical thought and extensive vocab isn't needed until 5/6 or 4 if your teacher makes you makes you read literature.

Source: I took 5 years of it from 7th-11th grade and got a 5 on AP

Mine gives me almost all vocab, it's all vocabulary, they just shove it down, we learned most conjugations last year

Also if you're teacher is terrible, there is a high chance that the tests he/she uses come with the book or are taken from another source meaning they can be found online or bought with the teachers edition for your book, not the best way to go but a way to pass the class nevertheless.

Forgot to mention, it it isn't a daily quiz it's listening to a Spanish pop song, listening to even more cringe worthy jokes then my own (and when no one laughs they say "tough crowd",) or translations

for vocab the most important is just learning the latin roots, endings and such are easily converted into english (cion-tion). Only things to watch out for are irregulars(el agua) and false-cognates(actualmente vs actually).

what song?

They make the tests custom, I checked the book, the vocabulary is ripped from the book though

Many

I know the endings (choir does Latin all the time) but it's the main parts of the words I'm not good with

For listening the only thing that helps is more listening, unfortunately the only kind of exam you can't bs your way through because it relies entirely on skill. If you're getting the same kinds of pop songs every time, try finding excerpts and other audio sources that have the same speed/ accent.
I understand your pain, our curriculum "traveled" to different places of the Spanish speaking world meaning that we would have to try and understand some peruvian hicks while only have been exposed to the vernacular and way of speaking found in South Cali/MexDF

sorry for you, spanish sucks. Luckily i didn't have to learn it

Main Parts-> Latin roots (scrib, bell, gen, etc.)

The songs get memorized because he actually spends time on those, my last teacher actually did your method and I did well in her class

It's required for us to take 2 years of a foreign language

Can you explain to me the breakdown of your class, I have a feeling your teacher may be mentally deficient.

Haha, stupid Mexican, go home you worthless 70 IQ bean vacuum.

Just 2? thats not that bad, i had to do 5

We get an occasional vocab list, then every day we do a quiz over some of the words (most of the grades), then we do a tiny paper for half the class (usually over words from Spanish 1 but with with a few this year) then we listen to cringe and then we leave

He's from America, learned out of country though, forget where

I feel bad for you bro

Then memorize the words, if the list is weekly and

Yeah, chose French, horrible grades every year.
Don't know how i made it.
Tried spanish about a year later, just as bad.
Ended up switching to non-language related Course

I try to, but even when I cram in and study as hard as I can, I still struggle

I only chose Spanish because it's more useful in America

Sucks, but you only have to do it once. Hope you make it

I do also, it's just so annoying that my parents are annoyed at the low grade

Does anyone else in your class complain about the teacher?

Yes, many do, practically everyone I know hates his class, one even said he knew less after Spanish II then spanish I

If you require a teacher to teach you something, then you are limited by the teacher's ability. You should develop the skill of teaching yourself. It's easy these days. The internet is at your fingertips. It was not that way when I was a kid, so I used the public library. But I was always ahead of the syllabus because I chose to teach myself the material. As a benefit, I often learned the subject much more thoroughly than was ever required on a test, so tests were terribly easy and I had a stronger foundation of knowledge to build upon for the next step of the subject.

If the Teacher knows, that his class sucks, can't you talk to the principal about it?

Lets just say, because of shady reasons, they aren't going to be fired any time soon, only reason I don't say why is because I don't want them finding out who this is

This is a good idea however it's very hard for me to learn on my own, I've tried

Damn, what kind of school do you go to where shady shit like that happens? i guess you are talking about the teacher blackmailing the principal here

No it's a relationship with a higher up in one system

You are one of those people that just makes shit excuses up as you go, aren't you?

You are an anonymous poster, posting about an anonymous teacher at an anonymous school and you think it might be traceable through all that and link you to spreading a rumor that is obviously well known enough that you, a student at the school, would know?

Quit complaining and take responsibility for your education. Teach yourself some fucking Spanish. Watch some Telemundo. Memorize 3 Spanish words a day, verbatim. Try going with useful ones first. You'd be way ahead.

Instead you are here, making up stories and complaining about something simple.

well, looks like i need to see less movies

It sounds like you might be retarded. Dont blame the teacher, blame your uncle-daddy.

Why would he make it up though? No reason to seek advice, then make up lies and disregard anything said to him?

12 memorized per day on the low end, I am just paranoid which is why I don't give name, face, or super specifics. I also do try, I'm just not good at this shit, I spend at least an hour per night trying to cram in this shit and I still fail

Says the faggot posting an anime meme

I don't get it

You could literally ask any of your Mexican classmates for tutoring. Ask them to chat with you in basic Spanish. Got a crush on a cute latina? Ask her for help and get the bonus of being able to talk to a cute girl and learn something. You'd also be more interested in chatting with her in Spanish than you would your teacher.

There are literally endless ways to motivate yourself to learn. Choose any of them and you'd be ok. Instead you choose the only option that does not provide a solution: complaining on Sup Forums.

Some people just have a harder time learning a language, but learn other things faster, everyone is different. Schools just try to help you find out what you can do good

i immediately thought about blackmailing, which is a bit over the top. Having a relationship is way more likely

1. It's mostly white guys
2. I do speak in Spanish in the room, but most of the words we use for this conversation are in Spanish 1
3. I didn't ask for a solution (and if I did I did it out of habit) I wanted to know other people's experiences

While there is variance on ability to learn, it's not predicated on subject, but rather on intelligence. Learning is more about HOW to learn than WHAT to learn.

I taught martial arts for a living for a few years and I can tell you that different people learn the same thing differently. A good teacher's challenge is to find the way your student learns best. I had the advantage of determining my class size, which is something most school teachers do not get, so I had an easier time finding that way for each of my students, but the point is the same. It's not about what, it's about how.

A good student's challenge is finding the way that is best for them to learn and maybe taking some burden off the teacher with 30-40 students per hour long class.

I know that but I am annoyed that they aren't helping much with my more hands on learning style and I have trouble learning things on my own, this might also affect me in the long run because I want to work in science but I might not get accepted with a shitty gpa

tf youtube.com/watch?v=KFah8Wk9Dy4&t=11s

Also true, didnt really think about it too much, but it really seems that the best student are good i all subjects and not just very good in some. But somehow they gotta deal with less intelegent people.

We have an about 25-30 person class and he hasn't changed much at all

I am mostly good in a very applied setting like labs and the arts in general

satisfying a "hand on" lerning style in a 30 person class is not that easy, you have to remember that you are not alone

1. Mostly. Which means that not all? Can we assume you have at least 1 native Spanish speaker? If true, the option is valid.
2. Stretch yourself. When I took French, I went out of my way to learn words that I wanted to use in conversation instead of forming my conversation to only the words I knew.
3. You did not ask for a solution. My experience was finding solutions to the problems I ran into. I'm sharing my experience. We all had bad teachers. 12 years school minimum with 6-7 teachers per year. You're going to have around close to 75 teachers over your primary schooling. Many more if you go to college. Odds state that at least one of those is going to be terrible. My experience with those teachers was that it's just best to teach yourself. My experience is that people who complain about shit need a solution and are both too lazy to come up with one themselves and too lazy to follow any suggestions given to them. I realize you won't do what you need to do, but I also believe that one day, you may realize that you are like that and maybe this advice will have stuck enough that it will be of use.

I know but
1. My last teacher did that well
2. Many of the people I have met are also hands on learners
3. He Barily goes over vocabulary which is a huge part of the grade

a bit off topic, but if teaching yourself is the best way to learn, isnt that a sign that the school sucks?

>my last teacher did that well
that isnt a valid argument, teachers are people too, cant expect the same from everyone

1. I said mostly because there are a few white girls, not ones that are my type though, we do have a person who speaks Chinese as her native language though
2. I do that, it's hard to come up with conversations in a dimly lit room with people I don't know
3. I'm not lazy, I do try it's just hard for me to cling onto languages (my other worst class is language arts) I understand teaching myself is a good skill but even when I try it just isn't working

I agree

Lol
Why you so stupid?

I know but I don't expect them to only focus on us teaching most of the words to ourselves for fucks sake, they literally go over it 1 time before moving on to cringy music

I was held back because my parents didn't want me to be bullied, that failed

i also had such a teacher, didnt teach anything at all just talked about her life and checked her emails. There is sadly only one way to deal with it, you gotta put even more effort into it,no matter if you like it or not. Sometimes life isnt fair

Agreed

In my experience, which is anecdotal of course, school went downhill when we switched from the Head Start Program to the No Child Left Behind policy.

The focus went from allowing intelligent children to stretch their minds to making sure the least intelligent kids kept up with the intelligent ones. That premise is, of course, impossible. So the only way to achieve that is to slow the intelligent kids down.

The only way to make a Bugatti and a Prius achieve the same speed is to slow the Bugatti down to the Prius' speed.

That and the increased class size and the failure of the average wage of teachers to attract solid teachers (they tend to go to universities where they can earn more cash for the same skill) has really lowered the quality of education in the US.

Look man, you're not a bad person. Your attitude isn't terrible. But you have to understand our interactions. You are complaining about something, showing extreme laziness and a propensity to make excuses instead of taking action.

You may be different than that, but this is literally 100% of our interaction with you. This is all we see. And generally, anonymous posters do not strain to be other than what they are. They post to let down the mask they usually keep up when they are identifiable. So we assume that you would rather complain about something than be proactive and try to solve it.

Your teacher is bad. Your grade is suffering. If you value your GPA, then you (and ONLY you) will need to step up and solve the problem. The way to solve that that will greatly benefit you on a daily basis is to learn to teach yourself the subject matter. Trust me that it will be a huge benefit in life. It will open doors that you would not believe.

I have taken high paying jobs that I knew little to nothing about and had the ability to learn it on the spot in such a manner that barely anyone realized I came in with no knowledge. Simply because I know I can teach myself quickly an efficiently. It was a worthwhile skill to cultivate.

I'm the kind of person that wants everyone to succeed, so that makes me give advice where I think I can offer a positive benefit.

Well, thats pretty shitty the schools i went to where harder, intelligent people were challenged, while less talented kids where forced to catch up or drop out

And we say we're the best, that's how I've seen many people also compare it to a fish thinking it's stupid for not being able to climb a tree

Are all schools in America like that?

I have to say, that some of what you said is true, I am more likely to complain then to fix it, but the thing is I do actually and do succeed in most things (science, math, history, the arts) but even when I try my best, I'm still not succeeding, made even worse by the "nothing below 70%" policy

Not to insult you, but i dont believe you do your very best, you just spend atleast an hour on Sup Forums which you could have used to study. I'm not saying you are not trying, but i really hope this isnt your best

competencies, right?

Right now isn't my best (I am studying while I'm not posting) but I do spend a lot of time studying, usually about an hour for Spanish 2 alone

Well, it doesn't matter if they teach well or not. It's your problem you aren't learning, not techer's

Well, I managed to dodge a lot of that myself by starting school during the GATE/Head Start and then being in NHS, AP classes and generally being a year or so ahead on any subject.

But the fact of the matter is that, in a class of 30 people, some of those will be smarter than others, even if it is an honors/AP class. The smartest of those people will be moving at the dumbest people's speed. Though, obviously, it's less pronounced in those AP classes than if you were to just mix everyone.

It's about the thought process of American schools. Think about the mentality shift between the names of the two policies: Head Start Program and No Child Left Behind. The thought processes are the complete opposite.

I love the idea of the school you stated, where people are challenged. Where did you go to school and when?

It's an interesting thought, but the fact is that we're human, and there are people who are smarter than others. We're not trying to breathe water or fly through the air without aid. Any human is capable of learning advanced particle physics. How fast you are capable of learning it determines your intelligence, and stupid people will take significantly longer to learn it. Telling people that it's ok to admit failure to do what other human beings can do because they are different is not a helpful thing to do. It stops people from realizing that they have to try harder to do things. It fosters laziness.

The mentality in this country has shifted dangerously, in my opinion. It's not about doing things anymore, it's about getting things without doing them.

Read my other things, I have tried learning on my own, about an hour per night with Spanish alone, usually my other classes need about 10-15 minuites on bad days, not counting homework

I had a professor once that was trying to be "innovative" by having what she called a "paperless class" meaning the textbook was a pdf, all papers could be submitted online, etcetera.

>fast forward to the end of the course
>final grades are posted with assignments
>everybody got an f
>"nobody turned in a hard copy so I could not grade them"
>brought it up to the dean
>professor reprimanded
>still failed

The fuck, at least my shitty teacher doesn't lie

Europe, Germany to be precise
We go a "Hauuptschule" where where slower learners are grouped together
The "Realschule" where a more "Hand on" approach was picked.
And i went to a "Gymnasium", where faster learners are grouped. But in each schools there were still different speeds, although not too different. There you were challenged no matter how much ahead you were, teachers found a way to do it. I graduated about 1-2 years ago

I think this is a good idea, as my science class has changing lab partners, I've worked with people faster then me and I felt bad, I worked with slower people and it was frustrating, and I find it as the best with people at about the same speed

Sounds like a decent working plan.

The prevailing mentality in the US would make that not viable though. It might hurt someone's feelings. And there's a chance it might not meet racial minority minimums in each tier, which would attract attention as a "racist policy".

People in the US are becoming professional victims.

It was a bit different for me. I graduated in 1999 in San Diego, CA. The variance in my AP classes in intelligence was pretty drastic. We had some students who studied for 8+ hours each day to pull a 90% and people who studied less than 2 hours a week to pull the same grade.

Sadly, seems like the US is going down the shitter lately. Can only hope that it gets better. Totally agree with the professional victiom point too. Dont really understand why it would be racist but you probably know better than me

Well, it wouldn't be racist, but we have a lot of people calling shit out that as racist that is in no way racist.

For example, the ESPN commercial for fantasy football scandal. People said it was racist because a bunch of white people were bidding on black football players for their fantasy football team.

Mostly white people play fantasy football. Most football players are black. No one mentioned that there were also white players being bid on. The entire focus was on white guys buying black guys at an auction.

It's just the way they WANT to see it. They WANT to see racism, so they see it everywhere.

For clarification, American Football, not World Football.

Well, that makes sense. But i dont understand why all of the sudden america is so focused on being the victim. Didnt see it Comming