What does Sup Forums think of SSRIs?

What does Sup Forums think of SSRIs?

Other urls found in this thread:

ssristories.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just started buprion, I have major nervous energy and irritability from years of terrible choices and degeneracy. Our existence is dependent upon millions pf chemical reactions, and drug use/abuse and piss poor diet is a sure fire way to turn your CNS into garbage. The damage is real niggas.

On them at the moment. Feels ok man. Still a lonely loser but I can cope better from day to day.

Works for some. Awful for others. Should be monitored more carefully by physicians and therapists. Fully fledged CBT should be mandatory pairing

Like it or not some people really do need it to function properly and be normal

white man's poison

Im on them, over 6 years of experience.

If they arent the right one, they are horrible.

If they are the right one, at best its treatment that helps you out during the day so you have more means to better yourself. You have to cure yourself but sometimes SSRIs can be very helpful in achieving that.

Withdrawals are absolute hell. Brain Zaps are one of the worst things ive ever felt.

It's a Jewish racket OP don't do it. Look up discontinuation syndrome and the side effect profiles.

It will lead you down an awful path.

I've tried some CBT and counselling, its helped a bit, I hope I can eventually get better.

>Fully fledged CBT should be mandatory pairing
>more CBT shilling
CBT is a Jewish scam, it's got a bunch of shit research that they claim makes it "research backed" but when you actually read the studies it is ad hoc, poor sample size, poor controls - a setup that doesn't even meet the scientific method in any other industry.

Don't fall for it. Talking with someone might help, but that's all it is.

They're supposed to be better than HDDs but they have less space for storage so i wouldn't buy one.

Better than the previous generations of that medication anyway. The early stuff had tons of side effects and was very unpredictable in it's results.

The modern ones are a lot more specific in action. This is of course with the caveat that the ones that don't work for you are usually absolutely terrible. My doctor went through three different ones before we found the correct one for me.

Only a complete fucking retard would take these and permanently put their brain into depression for the rest of their lives. Meditation, hardcore exercise, lots of water and a proper diet will cure depression. Depression caused by SSRIs can't be cured.

>The early stuff had tons of side effects and was very unpredictable in it's results.
So does the new stuff.

keeps me from killing myself

they're probably useful but this is america so they're overprescribed and as a result it would appear that they indiscriminately fuck up kids pretty good

>buprion
Do you mean bupropion?
If so, I don't think that's an SSRI.

They can give you a bit of breathing space to sort yourself out. Wouldn't advise them for long term use.

In the first few weeks they may make you feel a bit worse before they make you feel better.

Garbage. No "easy way out" is going to truly fix you especially in the mental health realm. I get really depressed in the winter and since it has gotten nice out, I've been going for 5 mile bike rides a day. I couldn't be happier.

SSDs are better for keeping your OS in

I heard they make your dick limp and the effect lasts long after the termination of treatment.

Jewish poison

There is no off ramp. Very few people actually recover enough to no longer require them.

Shitty, try to avoid them. I feel like I've had a lobotomy, have gained weight, get palpitations and a terrible electric shock type sensation if I forget to take a dose.

They don't really cure anything in the long run, they simply put the problem of depression/anxiety on hold.

They are a tool to be used alongside other positive changes in your life. The pill alone does nothing but it may help keep you on the right path.

absolute garbage, would not take again for any reason.

You might have SAD (Seasonally Affected Depression). You can buy light lamps and stuff to simulate light, they have them in sweedistan as it's dark 80% of the time thre

What's interesting about SSRIs is that the dictor always tells you to give it at least a month before you notice any changes. My doctor specifically told me "don't go and read what people say on internet forums about this drug. Let it do its work first." I took the medication for about a week before I stopped. I used to take mdma in the past and the second that prescribed pill kicked in, I immediately knew that feeling. Messing with your serotonin is Dangerous. I didnt need to be on that shit for a month straight (or the rest of my life as the doctor wanted it). My experieience was that it was useful and worked immediately and lifted the depression and i was able to stop after one week and was back to normal. There are horor stories of people taking pills like Effexor and being severely fucked when they try to go off it. Always read forums about drugs especially when your doctor specifically tells you not to.

That's not an SSRI

HORRIFIC.

see:

ssristories.org/

Wreaks havoc on your serotonin receptors, especially after long term use.