Theory:

theory:
if teleportation becomes a reality, it becomes possible to manipulate time. e.g., teleporting to a distant planet with a powerful enough telescope to view the earth as it was x-amount of light years ago

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ae_pPNvUr38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what

yo Beter can you please tell me who that is in the picture so i can fap? :3

He said if teleportation becomes a reality, it becomes possible to manipulate time. e.g., teleporting to a distant planet with a powerful enough telescope to view the earth as it was x-amount of light years ago

yes but how to bulid it?

Wat
youtu.be/ae_pPNvUr38

I guffawed

that's not manipulating time, just looking at light from a long time ago. you'd still be in the present moment, all you'd be able to do is observe the past.

that's now how it would work. You would be viewing Earth from the past because the image that the light molecule has to travel through X amount of distance in space. If you instantly traveled to a planet that was, lets say 3 million light years away you would see what Earth looked like 3 million years ago. The only time you would be manipulating would be yours on how you were wasting it.

That's a cool idea. Would be a boon to the history channel, they could teleport a few light-centuries away and film historical events.

>light molecule

Teleport to distant planet. Look at
dinosaurs. Instantly teleport back, still 2017 and Muslims are blowing shit up. There's no manipulation here.

What if what you wanted to film happened to be under a cloud that day

If I could teleport and manipulate time i'd teleport behind myself and fuck me in the ass and shout 'surprise'

well u know how the light of the speed works well i'ts not manip but well i'ts a kind timwtravel

Good point.

Extraction information does not imply breaking the speed of light, nor does transferring said information, or copying this information or deleting the original, in other words OP is a fucking retard.

op here:

you're partly correct, however I do assert that on some level it becomes inductive manipulation of time. with out current understanding of the universe we generally agree that time is linear in one direction. in this case the subject can directly observe the earth during a time that has already passed for us, while simultaneously remaining in the same stream of time from which he/she originates

Just one problem. Teloporting isn't faster than light, so you'd be looking at Earth as it was when you left.

assuming its instant

this but in an infinite chain

op here:

indeed

Assuming magic, yes OP you can do anything with magic.

If you can time travel, you can observe different times, no shit.

If you mean that travelling far would make it possible to see the past, no shit, but you can't travel faster than light, so if you immediatly observe the earth the moment you get to the planet, you will see what was the present before you left the earth, you would be seeing the past but you would just observe what you would if you didn't leave.

No that's not how this works.
You're not able to influence the past at all, only observe it.

That's not really time manipulation though.

That's not manipulating time. That's just how speed of light works lol. You're not breaking any physics, unless you're breaking physics with the teleportation itself.

Particle physicist here, you do realize how big of a telescope you would need to observe a planet, right? The mass itself would collapse and turn into a blackhole

A different train of thought. If you could generate a gravitational force strong enough that it bent the fabric of space completely, like folding a piece of paper. And you are exactly in the fold, as an observer would it just be like staring into a mirror?

Teleportation revolves around destroying an object and repositioning its particles in a completely different place but with same structure. The particles of a destroyed object, lets say a person, will have to travel at the speed of light for half a million years to reach a planet half a mil light years away (in order to see earth half a million yrs ago) so this is not effective. A good method will may be, travelling to a wormhole blackhole like in interstellar

op here:

I agree with you, but to be able to directly observe our past at specific points in history is currently impossible. For it to work would require some type of manipulation, of space/time itself

>2017
>doesnt know basic shit discovered 70years ago
Hello retard. Time on it's own is not a natural concept. It's made by humans.
What we call time is part of an omnipresent continuum called spacetime. Same thing with room. You cant disconnect time from room, so yes obviously if you want to teleport (which as far as i understand is travelling from one point in spacetime to another faster than light would) you obviously need to manipulate spacetime. Considering you went to school it's pretty sad that you really think something that obvious would be worth to start a thread about.

WELL NO But u need a toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo big telescope like the amount of a galaxy

Like you'd need to teleport to lie to yourself and get fucked in the ass.

Nigga I'm pretty sure if you """bend""" that shit that much, it will collapse on itself and create a black hole.

There's a vsauce video somewhat related. Building a lense big enough to see that far would be so massive it would blackhole it's self

I know what you are getting at but you don't understand what you're talking about.

In our universe, there is an absolute maximum speed that information can be exchanged between 2 objects. This is C or as I like to call it, the speed of causality. Speed is a factor of time, however. Time is relative to speed though so neither are an absolute value. In order to figure out when something with arrive at a given destination, you need to figure in time in transit.

The area of the graph shaded in grey represents all possible outcomes at subluminal speed. All are with time moving forward. The real kicker is when speed exceeds C. That forces you to start moving backwards along this graph.

What you're trying to express is that, by traveling instantaneously, thereby exceeding C, you would have to travel back in time. If you were to instantaneously teleport to a distant part of the universe, exchanging information with it, than teleport back to earth, and look at it through a telescope, you would be able to see yourself.

It would just look normal because you are part of space and your perspective would bend along with it.

Theory: OP is a fag that cannot stop sucking dick. Empirical evidence is yet to disprove such theory, thus it's become the current paradigm on the general status of OP

No.
Think about it this way, if another life form on a planet 100 light years away observed our planet they would see it as it was 100 years ago, they wouldn't be travelling through time, they would just be seeing our planet on a delay because of the speed of light being fast but not instantaneous.

What you're talking about is effectively travelling faster than the speed of light, so the further you teleport the more of a delay you build up and the further into the past you see, you wouldn't be able to change the past, only witness it, not time travel.

Nigga PLEASE.
Back during the civil war, balloonists thought that if you went up too high your head would swell up and pop like a bubble. Back in World War 1 fighter pilots thought that if you ever went past the speed of sound your chest would implode. Now you think that if you go past the speed of light you'll GO BACK IN TIME. Bullshit.

You want to know why photons are the fastest thing in the universe? Because they're the SMALLEST thing in the universe. Massless particles who are immune to the physical process by which every massive object loses kinetic energy during a collision. Anything bigger than a photon that approaches the speed of light will slam into particles, lose kinetic energy, break apart, etc. Anything big enough to carry humans inside is WAY too big to ever hope of travelling at near-light speeds because space isn't actually a total vacuum. Your space ship will slam into subatomic particles until an atom splits and you go FOOF in deep space before you get anywhere near C.

excuse me guys, whos the girl in the pic?

>girl
I've got some bad news, user...

damnit