I'm a newb and a first time poster but can anyone tell me what does Joy Division have to do with New Order...

I'm a newb and a first time poster but can anyone tell me what does Joy Division have to do with New Order? What's the story there? Thanks in advance

joy division - ian cutis + Gillian Gilbert = new order

Joy Division was a band in the late 70s and their vocalist Ian Curtis committed suicide in 1980, so the remaining 3 members of Joy Division formed New Order.

Thank you. I was wondering, they sound completely different.

joy division=interesting band with a really good album and a mediocre one.
new order= one good song, the rest of their music is boring.

Is the one good song true faith?

Is the one good song temptation?

Which one do you think is the good album?

mbdtf

A little bit. Its really interesting seeing the progression between their initial sound as Warsaw, transitioning to Joy Division, and then finally to New Order. New Order's first record sound pretty Joy Division-y, but as the years went on (and the band hated playing + Peter Hook on LSD), they eventually set the stage for EDM through Blue Monday. It's kid of nuts.

substance

You have me REALLY interested. Give me answers.

my beautiful dark twisted fanasty?

Op here why not listen to both and make up your own mind

I just wanted to know where the suicide came into play

The lead singer of joy division, daddy ian curtis killed himself then the remaining members made a new band with gillian gilbert

the real question is, which one is better? and why?

Joy division. Would rather have a band that barely even drops two albums and both are god tier than have a band that can consistently drop shit once every few years

joy division died when the ship carrying them to their first US tour sank by german torpedos, new order was the replacement of android clones ( similar to later paul mccartney models) which their producer tony wilson used as a chance to improve the bands sound (thus the "new" in new order). one of the android's penis broke off in a rough gig upon arrival in new york so they improvised the fourth band member and the rest is history

source: i've done peter hooks laundry smelly wanker

no its ceremony

Fuck you in your ass. Stop stating your edgy contrarian opinion as fact. New Order is gold. Temptation, Blue Monday, Age of Consent are fantastic, in MY opinion.

yeah i agree, even though power corruption and lies might be my favorite album out of those two, joy division is just alot more interesting and meaningful. Overall the music is a bit better too

Im actually quiet impressed when a band dies, or breaks up and the rest of the members can pull off creating a new band that is just as famous if not more

>completely different

do you have ears by chance?

yeah