FL Studio

FL Studio Thread. I'm a little but of a newfag to this, but I've dabbled around in it a little bit but I'd like to know if there are any useful tips or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/51m4i6naxo7uq1m/starry night.mp3?dl=0
soundcloud.com/immortaldorito/id062
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What genre(s) are you looking to make?

House, Dubstep, EDM.

Enabling ghost channels and dropping a scale from "reference scales" into a blank sampler is a technique that is very useful to me. I'd definitely recommend it if you're composing without a keyboard.

I forgot to say, copy and paste it with the "ctrl (up arrow" shortcut across all the octaves, and stretch it to however long your pattern is.

Care to give a few samples of what you've already made if you have anything?

super noob question but how or which service?

There's Dropbox, band camp, megaupload, hell even youtube works. Pretty much any w3bsite that will let you upload files.

How do you make Mac Demarco style indie chillwave in FL?

What plugins do I need to make r&b/ trap songs?
Or drun kits must have

dropbox.com/s/51m4i6naxo7uq1m/starry night.mp3?dl=0

good tips I never knew about those. Thanks

I've been looking into getting into FL Studio, but I'm a complete beginner to making music in general and I've always been indecisive on the kind of music I would like to actually make.

Any tips on someone new to making music?

Your first song or project is going to be shit don't be afraid to make mistakes you'll learn from them, also try to start by doing EDM.

Download some drums pack for Hip Hop and learn how to use virtual instruments like Nexus.

With a piano chord and then you fuck up with the mixer.

But I don't particularly like EDM. I'm always worrying about the kinds of music I can and can't make as I don't own a guitar.

If you don't have any instruments you'll have to stick to a few genres.

The way I've always gone about it is just start doing shit without any genre in mind or plan and see where it goes, think it sometimes leads to something more unique and out of the box than I'd end up with if I thought something like "today I'm going to make a house beat"

Use a real DAW next time.

It doesn't take much to get started.

soundcloud.com/immortaldorito/id062

>are any useful tips or something
Help -> Help Index

Everything you need to know. read it, learn it, try things out. It will tell you everything about how the program works.

In short: RTFM

I own a synthesizer, but no audio interface yet. I could always just use it is a midi controller with synth1 or something.