Realistically, is it humanly possible to have listened to AND reviewed tens of thousands of albums...

realistically, is it humanly possible to have listened to AND reviewed tens of thousands of albums, watch almost every movie known to man, read all the books he does, be informed on politics, study philosophy, simultaneously be a scientist and a historian, and travel/hike around the world as well as document all of this on an old website like this man does? how does he do it?

The fact that so many Americans still believe it should be illegal to marry a 12-year-old only tells you how far America still is from becoming a serious culture. The Europeans have long recognized that the greatest relationships of all times are between male adults and female adolescents, who are the most biologically fit to produce offspring, as well as the most physically attractive. Followers of the Muslim faith rank the highly controversial Aisha over all of their prophet Mohammed’s other wives, who were far past the prime age for reproduction. Americans are still blinded by puritan values. Adult females are more mentally developed than adolescents (not true, by the way), therefore they must be the greatest partners. Europeans engaged in relationships with adolescent European girls in the middle ages, radical Islamists engage in relationships with adolescent Muslim girls in the present. Americans are often totally ignorant of the virtues of relationships with adolescent girls, they barely know the biological benefits. No wonder they think that sexual-relations with 12-year-old girls should be criminalized.

It's possible to experience all of these things without drawing any worthwhile conclusions from them. Which is the case here

Scaruffi is amazing. His website has some of the most amazing recommendations. Many albums that I never would have heard of or thought of looking up.

I will defend his love of TMR but I agree with OP. How the fuck has he actually listened to such a huge quantity of music both in rock/pop and classical. I imagine a lot of times he listens to an album once and gives it a rating without really "getting" it yet.

he only needs to listen to them once. that's how he does it

also I should mention his opinion of the Beatles is just stupid
I just don't understand how he can deny the greatness of Rubber Soul and Revolver

>without really "getting" it
That's the thing: Scruffy has explained that he doesn't feel the need to listen to an album more than once if he doesn't deem it good the first time

epic

he doesn't listen to albums all the way through sometimes

I think I saw him today in Palo Alto

>"won multiple awards" for his beatles fan-fic (not true, by the way)
kek, I always found that claim dubious since he doesn't mention any specific awards.

Worst meme, Lennon wasn't a chad, he was the biggest pussy ever

anyone who lets Ono perform in his concerts is a pushover

a review is not a worthwhile conclusion?

We have users on Sup Forums that claim to have an opinion on every album and film ever at the age of 17.

62 years is a lot of time to listen to music, watch films and hike.

On the contrary, anyone who has his annoying wife screech at the audience at his concerts and never has anyone call him out on it is an uber-chad

another case of a man being the jack of all trades, master of nothing

Hasn't Scaruffi stated he has close friends do ratings for some things?

He is a cogntive scientist who has a good experience in philosophy, computer science and psychology. Those are his daily work and he is authoritative in those.

He just does film, history, music and politics review personally. He does not even take those seriously sometimes. You may find his rock music stuffs interesting or unique because no one takes those seriously. His jazz/classic reviews are more standard/pleb/boring as what he says are what every reviewer says. His politics stuffs seem informative but he they are nothing more than some personal feeling at the end.

Yes, but he is just a devoted eccentric with a website. There are others online.

>be informed on politics, study philosophy, simultaneously be a scientist and a historian

These do not apply to Scaruffi.

It's not even possible to listen to every single album or film (even if it were just once).

I found and read the source of the pedo accusations. i didn't want to believe they were true. i thought it was a joke, just a meme. but it's real and super fucked up

the fact that he was literally arguing for pedophilia over gay marriage is frankly stupefying
how the fuck does he still have any sort of good reputation in the public sphere?

i've gotten a number of recs from his reviews and he's acknowledged some lesser known artists that i like in a very positive way

i thought he was cool but this really forces me to re-evaluate my view of him

why are so many white men pedos? first i find out about Bowie after his death, now this. incredibly fucked

>why are so many white men pedos?

Scaruffi is italian.

you need to improve your reading comprehension then. it was an analogy as to why he voted against gay marriage. he made similar analogies with prostitution, incest, and polygamy. he wasn't justifying anything in the literal sense, just making a mere analogy

it just sounds like he is equating pedophilia with gay marriage, trying to put them on equal grounds

also just like, elaborate justification for being homophobic

if he just said "I get why gay people want to marry but I don't think they should" it would have been a lot less shitty than trying to justify it

Brian Eno detected

Scaruffi is not a pedophile.
you do not have any proof of this.

Well some parts of his site like politics, philosophy or literature are often in the tier of younger teenager with mild mental retardation.

As for the others, while some of the written material is certinly at least good, you just see that for the most stuff he does not care about, in music for example, he listened once in the background and wrote 3 sentences of impressions he later turns into "review".

HE IS SIXTY YEARS OLD

he's not some 20-something Sup Forums college student

he has had a lot of time to do these things

seriously
how long have any of use been doing anything at all? 6 years? ever?