THE GREAT DEBATE

Which was the worst choke in football history? Can we leave Brazil alone now?

7-1 wasn't a choke you retard

PSG was a worst choke.

Mainly because 1-7 wasn't a choke.

You need to learn the definition of choke.

psg at least won 4-0 in the first game, while Brazil was detroyed in its own home town, hosting the tournament and the goal they scored was at minute 90, I really think brazil its worse

Brazil was just a BTFO, PSG and the latest Owl were chokes, also Istanbul

someone doesn't know what a choke is

Hey! It's not his fault that he's Italian!

>losing 1-7, at home in your country, with a stadium packed with your fans and your fans only, after having bragged for an entire month (if not more) about how you were gonna be champion and how no one could possibly stop you
>not choking

germany was the undisputed favourite for the match, retard, everyone was saying the game would be 3-0 or worse.

Saying this Brazil choked against Germany is like saying Alavés choked against Barcelona.

this, also their best defender didn't even play, and their best attacker was injured. it was humiliating, but far from a choke

Choke means squandering a lead, PSG had a 4-0 lead and squandered it, Brazil never had a lead against Germany.

legends, every single one of them

Basically this, Germany was the favorite, more than a choke it was a blowout.
PSG had a gigantic advantage and let ip slip, which is the definition of choking.

played in a legendary game. That's what makes them legends

> modern football

Nothing compares to the Maracanazo. That was the biggest upset in the history of sports. Hundreds committed suicide, the game made Brazil adopt the verde amarelha shirt out of fear that the white shirt had jinxed them, and the trophy ceremony was cancelled because nobody expected Uruguay to win. There have been attempts to link the 7-1 to the Maracanazo but the latter is unique.

>mfw i remember we played Fred in a world cup semi-final
Looking in restrospect, 7-1 was not that bad

This.

>Hundreds committed suicide

Fucking stupid monkeys it's only a game.

>I on't rate Frederico Chaves Guedes

Liverpool's title challenge circa 2013-2014

>be 5 times champion
>play in home country
>in front of fantatical crowds
>one game away from the final
>germany was the undisputed favourite for the match
???

kek

The one where Liverpool were outside the top 4 halfway through the season, astonishingly went undefeated for 16 matches against all odds, took a lead of 1 or 2 points (adjusted for games in hand) and then eventually fell short to a heavily favoured team with a squad worth a shitload more?

your argument makes sense for people who didn't watch a single world cup game or bothered to check the line-up.

Brasil was worse. We played fucking Bernard in that game

>Par16
>6ar1s

That's the best I could do pham

Parsix

from the interviews i have read it also made sense for the German players

Why do people think choking only means squandering a big lead? It's always had multiple meanings. Performing way below your best on a big occasion is one of them.