Post an album you love, other anons say why it's bad

post an album you love, other anons say why it's bad

>say how RB is bad
Literally impossible to do.

The guy who made it is a stupid fat faggot.

At least put some effort in.
1/10

Simply is boring, uninteresting, and sad. Idon't want to feel bored or sad while lostening music, I want to feel great, happy, full of energy, ready to conquer the world!
Also pic related is my fav at this moment

DAE le fact that so many books etc. ecks dee

NOW!
that's what I call
PLEB
Fair enough

on surface it seems a lot of tracks lack a clear structure and are made complicated and "difficult" for the sake of just trying to be hard to get.

never even heard these

was just listening to that record op!
it's hard to point out any glaring faults, other than perhaps that rw's childish falsettos may become too overbearing at times, especially on the "vocal solos". some of which are good, like on the first track. on the other hand....
>wah wah waaaaaaaa

here is mine

The first track isn't bad per se, but it's definitely the weakest.
There's nothing wrong with this album.

i am ready

I don't know the albums in this thread well enough to participate

garfielf music

essential grarfileld-core

too long, i have a short attention span

boring old white dude

it's a mess
not as organized or tight as their earlier albums, it feels more like a compilation

>i have a short attention span
That isn't why the album is bad, that's why you're bad

>earlier albums
there is only one album before this one bruh
and it's even more disorganized

sorry, that was meant to

10 producers

got quite a bit of filler, it's obvious that they tried to make a longer album than they were ready for

>"Big brown beastie, big brown face, I'd rather be with you than flying through space!"
It's embarrassing.
>tfw it's easily in my top 5

Also, how is this not universally considered his best?

hardmode: no comments about the production
Dante Must Die mode: no comments about the comedy stuff

the album peaks at pollo asado

because unfortunately Tubular Bells has an iconic place in the pop culture canon, while Ommadawn has fallen into obscurity, being only heard by people who were not discouraged from discovering more Oldfield by the "let's throw shit on the wall and see what sticks" structure/concept of Tubular Bells

It's a mostly boring album and I personally hate Robert's voice.

Great fucking album but scaruffi overrates it

I enjoy it, but the vocals are unlistenable at points, and the excessively esoteric lyrics are just indulgent to the point of being aggravating
Great album. Not their best though, that would be fake train. I guess I can say that some of the songs are a little repetitive
Not really much to say, dope album. I guess it could've been produced better
Not catchy enough. Moondance is better. Both great though

great album but some of the lyrics are really goofy which contrasts too heavily with the sadder lines and the overall tone of the album

also a great album but the acoustic/vocal bit of the second side sounds like banal children's music at best. it's a stronger album if you don't listen to that bit.

I like this record but at it's heart it's art school nonsense. At the end of the day, the great hooks are why you're listening and all the noise around it just gets in the way of what is essentially a pop record.
The production.
>hip hop
I'll get back to you when I've managed to listen to it all the way through.

>synth pop

Gayest genre.

There's nothing wrong with this album

Would have been better as a live album.
Lovesong sucks I'm sorry.

van morrison was only 21 years old dude

>the fact that the Beatles etc etc etc...

Discipline by king crimson is better

The author is a filthy communist.

some track are too dad-rocky

Radical Face - Ghost

The first song is so good barely anyone cares about the two other songs

I agree with , the live versions of these songs absolutely rape the studio versions.
Geddy Lee's voice is shrill and irritating.

Is marketed as "experimental" despite it not bringing anything new to the table or experimenting enough to lift it up from being a mediocre pop album

It's an album by Grimes.

Try your best

Love Song is one of the best in that album lmao

bump

loses some steam in the second half

But the production is the entire reason I dislike this album

This would be interesting

3 notes for 15 minutes doesn't make for interesting music

The looped ambient version of good night is more enjoyable than the entire album.
Already mentioned but its a collaborative work, not even remotely only his album.
Really not that interesting for deep listening.
His flows are actually not that good.
Not that good when you exclude the fact that its old.
I absolutely love this album and i listen to it alot. Its pretty repetetive.

says you

>Claims other album is boring
>Image of sung tongs

Hi Dad

one of my all time favorite albums. june on the west coast made me cry on my way to work the other day

Gets slightly repetitive at times
Robert Wyatt was a fantastic drummer, he didn't need to break his spine to produce this album. Really unnecessary
Oldfield never really innovated himself, but rather made albums in the same format over the years. Ommadown is fantastic by itself, but once you've heard Tubular Bells, it adds too little.
Too inconsistent. Fantastic songs here and there, but too many forgetable ones too.
First step into becoming an 80s band. Some great stuff, but some really lame 80s rock shit too, which signaled the beggining of the end for the band's actually good sound.
Siberian Kathru is nowhere near as good as the other ones.
too dark (that's as far as I can criticise this album, it's pretty consistent and great)

These are literally flawless

To be honest I'm incredibly sick of Van Morrison. Maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling that all of his songs feel too similar after a point.

Revolution 9. I still don't understand how anyone can say Rev 9 was a good idea. Album is literally better without it.

Cimmerian Shade is weak and doesn't fit well in the tracklisting. Other than that it's perfect.

Great album, but clearly would be better if listened to in Cold War days.

It's not Feels

It's honestly too much to digest on even the first few listens. Would've been better as separate timed releases.

Listening Wind.

Last Dance doesn't bridge the gap between the singles well.

I still don't get the love for Red Barchetta. It's just ok.

The worst thing about this album is how it made me listen to their other work- nothing in their catalog is anywhere near as good as YHF. That said, I don't really like I'm the Man Who Loves You as much as the others.

Up in the Sky is a weak attempt at shoegaze (Columbia even does a better job of it).

Eddie Vedder
Houses of the Holy is better in every way and also happens to be less overplayed.

Khatru is the best song though.

Not as good as Fake Train and New Plastic Ideas

I was listening to ween before I came to Sup Forums, somewhere around ten years ago, and it baffles me how much love the pod gets here. I think pure guava and godweensatan are superior to the pod, production aside, although the pod is still great in my eyes, if only because of my decade long obsession with the band.

it just seems so inaccessible for it to get the amount of favor I see here. whatever though. the stallion had to start somewhere.