Anyone with herpes care to comment on your quality of life and just how badly this is going to effect my future?

Anyone with herpes care to comment on your quality of life and just how badly this is going to effect my future?

Other urls found in this thread:

herpes.com/hsv1-2.html
patient.info/forums/discuss/can-you-get-both-types-of-herpes--438404
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It completely shattered my ambition and confidence.
I consider myself a plague victim.

It is what you make it, my ex broke up with me, went to Europe and caught it then tried crawling back lol.

Im surprised i havent killed myself yet tbh.

I'm attractive, have money, and am popular but deep down, having HSV2 kills me. I'm scared of disclosing and getting rejected. I'm scared of my friends finding out. I'm scared of passing it to anyone who takes the (very very low) chance with me. I get laid maybe 12 times a year now. My sex drive is dying and mentally, it's gonna fuck me up in the long term.

And to anyone who wants to ask "How did you know you had it?": Fuck you. Get tested.

My cunt nigger slut ex intentionally infected me. I gave it to someone I was seeing. Life is shit show. I'm gonna just fuck anyone and play it off like it stays in your body and if I give it to someone I'll say it could have been them or their SO

>gonna fuck me up in the long term.

For example, You can't transmit HSV2 orally, so I don't disclose when I get oral sex. Even though I'm straight, I've found that gay guys are cool with giving oral and getting nothing in return so win, win for both of us. I feel full of shame afterwords but it's slowly becoming my regular outlet.

But for most part wear condoms. Holy fuck that burn tho aye? Wasn't diagnosed right and didn't get meds for like 3-4 days after first outbreak.

Just wear rubbers I'm 19 with hsv 1

Hahahaha you're infecting them that's how it works lmao. Buddy herpes is contagious as fuck

Problem with that is they're gonna figure out that you're the source eventually and then make sure that your mutual friends know what you did.

Obamacare fucker

You're confusing HSV1 with HSV2. HSV1 can infect the mouth area. HSV2 doesn't. I did the research.

You can get both on both. My source was a doctor.

Depends OP
If you're a qt3.14, not much
I barebacked a foxy redhead knowing she had HSV2
Didn't care
Didn't catch
Would do again

If you're a dude though, you're totally fucked. You might as well kill yourself now. You're never getting laid ever again, even for money. How the hell did you not notice open sores on her shit when you stuck it in there?

OP just watch Adam Ruins Everything S01E10.
Turns out herpes is essentially harmless and about 90% of the population has it.

Nigga you can get herpes from sharing a cigarette

Both viral strains are transmittable across mucus membranes. The likelihood of transmission is decreased but still very possible. Never let a girl with a cold sore give you a blowjob.

dude you can get herpes on your skin and eyes doesnt have to be your dick or whore mouth.

herpes.com/hsv1-2.html

Not the same herpes you dumbfuck.

I think all of here know that. It's the negative stigma from the folks who don't know that sucks

Yep. Guys will fuck anything. Girls can have their pick. I wore a condom. Didn't see sores. Still got it.

"It is uncommon for HSV-2 to be found on the lips, but it is becoming more common to find HSV-1 in the genital area. "
Ok, so it looks like you're right. But considering that transmitting HSV1 is low, transmitting HSV2 to the mouth is super low. I don't know any of these cock-hungry dudes so whatever. I'm sure they're accepting of the risk to be on CL in the first place.

Herpes isn't highly contagious. Especially if you take meds and wear condoms.

truth

You can't get HSV1 if you already have HSV2. Joke's on you.

I stand corrected

Super-low probability of that.

>"not gay"
>gets blowies from dudes
>no regard for passing on an incurable virus
>did "research" that apparently didn't include talking to a doctor or HERPES DOT FUCKING COM
>despite evidence contrary to your research, still no regard for passing on an incurable virus
You kinda sound like a piece of shit

>You can't get HSV1 if you already have HSV2. Joke's on you.

Yes you can you retard. How the fuck do you not know any of this basic info?

I'll probably get a standard STD test soon. Herpes tests aren't done in standard testing, so it'll say I'm clean. Then I can play dumb if anyone complains *troll-face*

My current wife never disclosed that she had hsv-2, I had to find out one day while snooping through her emails looking for old nudes. She told a Pen pal who was in prison for first degree murder about the hsv and that's the only person she's told. I found out and got tested. I have it but luckily I'm not symptomatic. When I confronted my wife, I beat her, made her say she was sorry over and over again, then I raped her in the ass until I truly believed she was sorry. She's had it six years now and no telling how many guys she's given it to

Google search it. I know that's true at least.

Women aren't gonna fuck me so feel free to give me shit for answering emails from degenerates on CL. I've admitted to being wrong when I was wrong, at least. I'm a piece of shit but sorry, I'm not going to living the rest of my life not having any form of sex. Herpes is harmless anyway.

Jeus Christ OP.

Type 2 is a concern but realize it's 16.2 percent prevalence. HSV 1 is super common. It sucks but realize you aren't dead and there are many other STDs out there you could have. You live another day and get outbreaks from time to time. If you feel compelled to maybe acyclovir or an antiviral drug to lower an outbreak if you feel it coming on or you can use a longer acting steady form to prevent outbreaks if it's common.

It's life dude. You know how many faggots die in the ER and ICU from pulmonary issues? You got off easy. It blows, you might feel dirty but know other people have it too. Just fuck like a piece of shit.

Now, I'm not an epidemiologist nor do I want to be so give those pricks hell and fuck whoever and never call back.

Your infecting other people, who are unaware, with an incurable virus. You are a piece of shit.

Im pretty fucking sure i have both 1 and 2..but who gives a fuck ..as long as i stay healthy i dont get outbreaks..literally hasnt affected my life at all

>Yep. Guys will fuck anything. Girls can have their pick. I wore a condom. Didn't see sores. Still got it.

Well I hope you at least nailed 9/10 or above, cause ur fukt. Try hsvcupid or something maybe. The herpes girls are emotional wrecks though. Even if you find one, it's trouble.

You google it dumbfuck. You're wrong. No wonder your ignorant ass got herpes in the first place.

Yeah, my last fuck was prior to knowing was pretty epic so I have that memory at least. The HSV dating sites are full of dudes. Total shit odds. No girls on there because 1) they keep it secret from the guys them fuck and/or 2) Too many dudes are okay with the risk, as long as they get laid.

I did look it up, fucker. It was the first result.

patient.info/forums/discuss/can-you-get-both-types-of-herpes--438404

The world is ending soon so go fuck every whore you can bareback.

Alright, there seems to be a lot of misinformation being spread here. OP, first of all, your life isn't ruined. Second, did you get a blood or swab test? Swab test is the most accurate determination of whether you truly have herpes (HSV2) or not. Blood tests have a misread of around 20%. Might not seem like a high figure, but you want to be absolutely sure with something like this. If your doc did a visual, go to a doctor who will do an actual swab.

Your symptoms, with proper antiviral treatment, should last anywhere from 3-10 days. Every time you experience an outbreak, the severity of your symptoms lessen each time. You should be able to tell when you're about to get an outbreak, as you'll feel flu-like symptoms coming on.

Avoid sexual contact at any time you're experiencing an outbreak. Disclosing it may cost you some embarrassment, but there's a lot of people who are understanding and receptive to sleeping with someone with herpes. They may be a carrier as well. Honesty is the best policy here.

Herpes is passed by skin to skin contact, not by sharing a coke or spit or sexual fluids. 1/6 people have some form of HSV, with 80% never even knowing they carry it.

Overall, your quality of life doesn't change. It isn't a debilitating disease, other than some mild discomfort for the most part. Don't fret about it in the long term, but be honest, and I'd recommend a second opinion.

There are many viruses in the herpes family.

You can get both dude. You MIGHT get antibodies effective against both that puts off an infection of the other but you might not.

There are many variations of herpes viruses. Some give very different illnesses and present differently. But you can both.

M8 way more than 1 in 6 have hsv lol..its something like 80 per cent have hsv1

See:

I referred to antivirals and him being able to tell it's coming back on. Also said the percent you did. You also know your shit. The difference is that I'm about to be the worst attending physician in the world and told him to fuck whoever. I genuinely don't care... and I'll be in the ER.

Ain't that a bitch.

I bet most of the people badmouthing herpes carriers never got tested for it.

HSV 1 is in about half the population. HSV 2 is 16 percent.

it sucks for the first year or two. eventually though, you stop having regular outbreaks and you figure out that millions of people have herpes... it's really common and has minimal impact on your quality of life unless you let it

This

>has minimal impact on your quality of life
Until you simply want to get laid

This guy gets it.
Where as this guy lets it get in his way.

You think the 80 per cent if people who have hsv1 and the 1 in 6 who have hsv2 arent getting laid? Kek

find a girl with herpes or wear a condom

The ones getting laid are the ones in relationships or ones who don't know they have it.

Nothing kills the mood more than telling the chick you met at the bar that you have herpes.

>the difference is I'm about to be the worst attending physician in the world

First, no you won't. The fact that you care about your medical performance shows you'll more than likely out the extra effort in to be a good doctor, so don't worry.

Second, Google is our friend and we should treat it as such.

Third, I had a scare myself with HSV2. Turns out it was thrush, but the doctor I went to only did a visual diagnosis and was like 'it sure looks like herpes, so I'm gonna go ahead and say it's herpes' and scared the fuck out of me. I did a TON of research after, got a second opinion, and turns out I was clean, just need to be more selective of the pussy I shove my dick in to. I made sure I knew as much as I could in the meantime though. One woman in that time turned me down. One. She was also not the type of woman I should have been seeing to begin with, and it took that for me to see it. It's just education, man. Everyone should be more invested in their own personal growth of knowledge.

Why do you think that?

Dont tell her then retard..chances are she has it too if shes a bar slut

Nah, opioids for everyone.

I actually use a pocket book that has treatments for everything and dosing with epocrates app. Pretty typical. If I know what it is I just refer to my pocket manual and that tends to do the trick.

Thrush is a thing that scares people because they see the yeast in their mouth and see all these spots and lose their shit. Now, that guy was an asshole. You don't look at a rash and go "herpes" because there's a lot of herpetiform rashes out there and whatnot. Really need to do more than that.

Yeah, patients being their own advocates actually goes a long way and a lot don't realize that. Research helps but they shouldn't come in thinking they know what they have but they should read on the diagnosis they're given at least. Evaluate it and get a second opinion on certain things that aren't easy to test. Some things are so easy to detect you don't need a second opinion. Others.. get a second. Honestly, the fact that yours fucked herpes up disappoints me a lot.

don't wait until you're about to fuck to talk to her about it

unless you're just at a bar trying to fuck bar trash, which is probably how you got herpes in the first place

I may be an asshole as many people have pointed out but I'd still disclose before any chance at penetrative sex.

Of course not. I wouldn't do it then. I gave that example to represent any form of casual sex. I wouldn't fuck bar trash even on a bad day.

I used to get "cold sores" as a child (maybe once a year from ages 9 to 13) and I haven't had one since.

Do I actually have herpes or is it something else? They only happened in winter

Get tested. None of us can tell you the answer.

What you really need to look out for is Hepatitis B. It's 6 weeks of the worst sickness you ever endured in your life, there's no treatment, no cure and it can literally kill you.
And most people don't that it's an STD.

In winter you tend to see more of certain illnesses. Conditions might change that left your immune system easier to compromise around that time of the year or it could be a coincidence. Who knows.

Anyway, "cold sores" are HSV-1. Very, very common but it is a herpes simplex virus. As you aged your immune system lowered the odds of it coming back so unless you become very immunocompromised you may not see it much or ever again for all I know.

My gf has herpes from her previous relationship and gave it to me. sucks real fucking bad, its hard enough dating a non-virgin but one with a an std hurts so fucking much, cant leave her because, sadly I'm in love with her and also who else would want me? thinking about fucking hookers to get even, any tips?

Well thanks friend. I just was wondering cause I was fucking 9 and I didn't get raped and I was wondering how the fuck I got the herp.
Sound advice, I'll see how much it costs for a hsv1 test

Just fuck her more often if you're that horny. If she catches you fucking hookers, she'll much more easily find a guy who's okay with fucking her. You won't be nearly as fortunate.

That aside, putting yourself in more risk doesn't do anyone any good.

You can get it at birth. You can get it from kissing the wrong person. Don't worry about the why's and how's and simply get tested.

Parents kissing you, getting possible contact a lot of ways as a kid if you did legitimately have that. Shit, sharing a glass of water could transmit it. Very communicable.

It's whatever though. Most people have type 1 and will never know or even give a shit. I'd think nothing of it.

Real talk, OP.

It's just a skin condition.
1 in 4 people have some form of the disease.
You're only contagious when you're shedding
They're working on a vaccine and it's very close to being complete. They're in final human trails with marked success.
My life's pretty good, actually. I make 6 figures, I drive a nice car, I live in a nice place, and I'm dating a Ukrainian model.

You're life's not over, user.

>You're only contagious when you're shedding
Problem is, you don't know when you're shedding :3

Does the girl you're dating know about your condition? She's cool with it?

Given how many people I've fucked unprotected, I probably have herpes. But standard tests don't test for it and I have no symptoms, so there's no incentive for me to get said test.

This is how I feel sometimes. I feel like shit because of I'm one of the few herpes carriers who actually knows he has it. I'd much rather be one of the folks who don't know.

Yeah I mean I probably have HPV too, or at least have had it at some point. But there's not even a test for men AFAIK. So I just do the standard piss test every few months and the AIDS/Syph blood test once a year, always been clear.

At least girls get HPV vaccines nowadays. Herpes is just a skin condition.

Be lucky you don't have genital warts.

Yeah, that would suck. I'll stick with my once a year skin condition.

I really wish people would work faster on these cures instead of throwing their money at AIDS research. Prep has become an inexpensive anti-AIDS at this point. Send some of that research money our way!

"The world's ending tomorrow
So dontcha worry 'bout the HIV"

Steel Panther - "Party Like Tomorrow Is The End Of The World"

We have research going into DRACO, Gene therapy, CRISPR, Macromolecules, and more.

Within a decade, viruses will be a thing of the past.

Craziest shit I've heard in a while.Y'all still married? Why?

There is a vaccine for that. It is a series of 3 shots over several weeks. I had it done, was free with my insurance

knowingly passing an std can open you up to legal problems.

>My cunt nigger slut ex
Why would you fuck a nigger? They have the highest percentage of STD's of any race.

Probably because his sex life would go to shit if he left her.

Doesn't apply to the majority of herpes carriers who "don't know" they have it.

you shouldn't beat her everyday for the shit she did. Beating her would be bad.

I didnt want hookers because I'm horny, I wanted to even the score, since I'm a virgin. If I'm going to love used goods, I might as well be used also

my faith in humanity is restored. I was starting to doubt that the world had run out of low life pieces of shit, thank you user, you and kim jong-un have restored my faith.

Wait, so you're punishing someone with an STD..... by fucking someone else who probably has an STD?

You clearly haven't looked at the filth on a 'Personals' section of Craigslist. I'm providing risk to the people who are clearly asking for it. :p

yeah, cause who cares?

was thinking of trying out tinder and grindr with a trap phone, I reckon I'd feel better passing this shit on tbh

"Pass this shit on"?
I thought you said you were a virgin

yes of course, how could I have missed the job opening of "disease carrying monkey"

Alright (OP here) Thanks to most of you who tried giving genuine advice. I never actually had any symptoms. The only reason I am 100% sure I have it is because I gave it to a wonderful woman who just got out of a divorce. I literally stared down the barrel of a gun earlier today. I feel so much guilt. I had no idea I had it. No symptoms what-so-ever. I'm the only person who could have given it to her since she hasn't slept with anyone in the last 3 months following her divorce and she noticed immediate symptoms following the event. Fuck, I just feel defeated.

did you get tested? her ex could have given it to her and the stress of the divorce could have caused the outbreak. The herpes virus can lay dormant for months and an outbreak can be caused by stress. Also there are carriers who show no symptoms ever but are infected nonetheless. Also are you 100% sure she only fucked you? I have met women who are getting a divorce and are going around getting fucked by anyone and everyone.

Wait, have you even gotten tested?

I drove her to planned parenthood today to get tested and the doctor said "it looked like herpes." The fact that she had such a severe reaction directly after we fucked is pretty much a guaranteed case. I'm gonna get tested tomorrow to see. I was just so in shock and I cared more about her freaking out than my own self-preservation. This is pretty much rock bottom for me. I gave one of the most beautiful, sweet, kind-hearted women I've ever met Herpes. Very well might just off myself and I'm not saying that for attention. I just don't know, man. The look on her tear-streaked face....

You're gonna call me a fucking retard but I promise you, I have it. I just know. Everything adds up. I'm gonna go tomorrow, though, just to verify.

> I just know. Everything adds up.
> I never actually had any symptoms.

I don't want to call you a retard but there is a chance that she's blaming the wrong guy.

There was another woman, let's call her "Mallory", that I fucked a week prior and she complained about a UTI following sex but never gave any indication about bumps or sores or anything. I'm kinda large so I'm used to that reaction with petite women. I didn't think anything of it, because she was prone to UTIs. She hasn't had any symptoms that could even be described as "herpes-like" since. What are the odds that I gave two women UTIs within the same week and one of them developed tiny blister-like sores on her inner labia afterwards...?

Yes analy bareback as many cheap crack whores as possible.
Give her aids kek

Ukraineian model
>wew I can smell the bullshit from here

I still don't know what I fucking have. I was in a relationship with 2 girls and I definitely got some kind of funk from one them. Got tested about 6 months ago, "oh yeah looks like chlamydia. Here's a penicillin shot to the ass" this was without even waiting on results. Anyways it goes away. 3 weeks ago I had wayyyyyyyy painful sores primarily on the foreskin. I broke up with the girl that I suspect I got the funk from to begin with and I'm a man slut. So I had sex with 2 other girls and the other girlfriend about 4 weeks ago. I go to the doctor and he says they are going to test for anything including HIV and diabetes. He says it looks like text book herpes. Test results come back negative for everything except syphilis...fucking awesome.. they do one more blood test and the syphilis came back as false positive the first time. What in the fuck do I have seriously? Big ass sores that feel like getting a blowjob from Satan gargling lava, and skin tightness causing balanitis. My symptoms have subsided but still..the fuq