Climate change and environmental degradation is the greatest threat that has ever faced humanity

climate change and environmental degradation is the greatest threat that has ever faced humanity.

this issue can no longer afford to be polaized between liberal and conservative, leftwing and rightwing. It behooves EVERYONE, regardless of being a neo-nazi or an SJW faggot, to do something about this.

discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r1-OOQajQLc
twitter.com/ed_hawkins/status/729753441459945474
climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-evidence-causes/
cpo.noaa.gov/warmingworld/
youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Problematic as it is the real issue is overpopulation and there isn't that much that we can do about it, things will go to shit sooner or later.

Is there any movement in the US for a pro single child policy? Similar to China.

Would totally be in support of that

Overpopulation is bad, especially when combined with over-consumption, because we live on a planet of finite resources.

Also, if you're a run-of-the-mill Sup Forumstard, you want the white race to flourish and follow the WHITE PEOPLE NEED TO HAVE KIDS TO SAVE OUR RACE meme, when in reality everyone, regardless of race, should be having less kids.

doubt it. we're a country of conservative christians. look at the duggers and the quiverfull movement.

Al Gore, fuck off.

Source: Globalists

Unfortunately it is somewhat too late to merely lower birthrates. As of now our planet cannot sustain us to the standard that the western world is accustomed to.
Sooner or later we have to give in, especially as more and more third-world countries begin to adopt our lifestyle. There isn't really a good end to this.

It's all just a bunch of bullshit. China, India and China exploiting the fuck out of Africa will be the cause of man made climate change if it ever ends up happening.

OP wasn't solely referring to global warming but all kinds of over-exploitation of our planets resources.

Also, to a substantial degree, global warming is very much man-made.

Make the World Great Again. Here, take all my shekels and limit my liberties to combat this!

Prove it. I've flip flopped on this issue a billion times and I'm gonna stick with a solid "I don't know."

I'm sure the wealthy and elite will cut their energy consumpstion and cut down to having only one private jet to cut carbon footprint.

>single child policy
>not sending all the fucking immigrants home

Kill yourself. For the Earth of course.

Jokes aside we/our descendants wont have any shekels if we do not address this issue.

Fine, I'll post it again since some people won't learn.

Daily reminder:

* A doubling of preindustrial CO2, absent any feedbacks, would result in a maximum forcing of +1.2C.

* The General Circulation Models, and the IPCC, predict 2-8C of warming because AGW theory assumes a positive H2O feedback. They assume that if CO2 causes a little warming, the atmosphere will hold more water vapor which will lead to a lot of warming.

* The warming predictions cover such a large range because everyone assumes a different average H2O feedback rate.

* Every GCM based on this assumption has failed to model temperatures for the past 15 years. They are all trending too high. (Pic related.)

* In the late 1990's the modelers themselves stated that if they missed their predictions for more then a decade that would falsify AGW theory.

* There is no data to suggest a +H2O feedback either now or in Earth's past.

* If there is no +H2O feedback then we literally have nothing to worry about.

* The average climate change believer knows none of this. Politicians, citizens, activists, surprisingly even a lot of scientists are literally ignorant of the theory and the math. In their mind it's simply "CO2 = bad" and "experts say we're warming faster then ever."

First world problems : The Thread

The solution is actually incredibly simple:
Just kill the globalists. They're the reason why the environment is degrading so rapidly. Climate change is natural, however, and we're just experiencing a minor warming period after a cooling period, which will inevitably be followed up by another cooling period sometime in the near future. The planet has literally always done this, we just didn't have the technology to measure it until relatively recently.

>climate change
Boring hoax.
>environmental degradation
>lets put a damb on every water arterie
>cut all forests for shitty suburbs
>californian water jewery is now worldwide problem
Lel no.

The climate is changing. The earth is getting hotter. The ice caps are actually melting. There are all facts. The argument is whether or not humans are causing it or if humans can fix it

Of course the belief that we are responsible for climate change is a rationalization of reality. To undoubtedly prove it would be almost impossible. This, though, applies for most scientific theories.
All we know is that the amount of atmospheric carbon-dioxide has risen dramatically since our industrialization and that our global temperature has increased. The correlation is a rational assumption, though, not proven.

Climate change is real and has been going on since the earth's creation. Man may have some impact, but I'm not certain to what degree. Anytime a govt. gets involved in something saying it's necessary, always sends up big red flags to me. If there was some actual scientific data that I didn't question, I'd be more open to it. Those fuckers get their grants threatened or their tenure threatened if they don't fall into the narrative. Jury's still out for me.

>whether or not humans are causing it

Humans contribute a small fraction.

>if humans can fix it

No. But the first question is should humans if they could? Life, including human life, undeniably does better in a warmer, higher CO2 environment.

It's the ice ages you should be deathly afraid of.

>The earth is getting hotter.
Some say it's getting colder.
Whatever.
Nobody fucking chimps out when we have march in snowblizzards, but when murrican endures hot weather it's always an overreacting bullshit
>climate is changing we didn't listen god why everyone cut doing what you're doing ahhh the humanity

Isn't it in ignorance better to assume the worst case scenario rather than to hope that everything will be fine?
We will have to do this sooner or later either way.
Also, a rising temperature isn't the only problem with increasing atmospheric C02

there's a goddamned fucking dwarf star that's about to come circle around us. Even the scientist admit it.

But oh no, all the fucking jews and communists can do is cringe about >muh climate change

I'd argue that antibiotic resistance is the greatest threat to humanity.

Worse case scenario, if the world became uninhabitable from climate change, it's not completely out of our current technological boundaries to pack up and move to a different planet (Mars), or for humans to live in big biodomes or something.

Also, it will be polarized between political parties because people disagree on how to combat it in a way that is effective and doesn't impact too severely on our way of life.

I do agree that it's very important though.

>worrying about something humans can't really control
>meanwhile, bacteria is starting to rise up again

I live near the coast. I already know of some places in Miami that are having issues due to elevation in sea level. I don't want to move further into the US mainland because family and shit. The other concerns regarding temperature seem trivial, except for the possible effects it could have on farmland

NOT
AN
ARGUMENT

Now read with me murrishits
>its not climate change
>you effectively fucked up nature in southern states with agriculture
>and that's why desert is coming
>if you look closely, you will be able to notice that desert is coming everywhere where man fucked up the water resources in hot climate, Africa included

Keep us posted OP.

Keep us informed OP.

OP this is such a hot issue.

please kikes, global-bullshit-warming i soooooooo 2009, this meme was cool loong time ago

95% of scientists that only focus on my dick say it's big and it's black and it's coming at your wife.

JUMP DOWN TURN AROUND PICK A BALE OF COTTON

JUMP DOWN TURN AROUND PICK A BALE OF HAY

>russiabro speaks the truth

>Let in loads of migrants
>Put them into a big space ship
>Fire space ship at the sun
>Newtons third law, get pushed away from sun
>Earth cools down

Two birds one stone

Straya, you always know what to say

Sound track to this thread guys.

"They are turning our atmosphere into their atmosphere"

youtube.com/watch?v=r1-OOQajQLc

>be me
>dad why don't we just nail the nuclear waste into the sun
>we can send space probes to the limits of the solar system and take sweet pictures, but we can't peg nuclear waste into the sun?

Well son, you see, some people think it might hurt the sun.

>mfw

>sourceless image
>expected to be taken seriously

Global warming is just a stupid theory to justify sanctions to prevent poor countries to develop. Nothing men can do is strong enough than nature itself.
Fuck off.

There is a reason for that.

See here.

Ed Hawkins, a climate scientist at the University of Reading

twitter.com/ed_hawkins/status/729753441459945474

sry didnt look at that image and I dont give a fuck.

nice with bs with any sources,

its not that once ever in history a politician did EVER lie lollllllllllll,

and its not like this can absolutely not be just another part in zionist one-world-government prison-planet and DEPOPULATION agenda, can this be the case?
no, there probably is just an imaginary threat which u guys made up in order to control us and make people consume to benefit your corporations which give them economical power and in the end control the puppets we call government,

lol now go and celebrate your sabbath kike

statician grant foster

i dont think climate change is an issue that needs to be polarized. it's literally in everyone's long-term benefit to fight it.

>statician grant foster
in middle ages the temperature was like 3 to 5°C higher than nowadays, and they didn't have machines or shit.

Its already too late. Collect as much genetic information from all the animals and plants going extinct and hopefully we'll be able to recreate them in the near future. When the environment gets to the point where any retard could see it, then we can pour money into research to fix it. Most likey we wont be able to (or fuck it up more) but that research could help us learn how to create and maintain a viable biosphere elsewhere.

climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

royalsociety.org/topics-policy/projects/climate-evidence-causes/

cpo.noaa.gov/warmingworld/

>195 countries have signed the paris climate deal based on something that's a total fabrication? lol

And I think that santa claus exists

"truth is stranger than ficiton"
-mark twain

I think that Forklift Klaus exists
youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

Do you guys believe anything they tell u haha???

Do you believe that jet fuel can melt steel beams even if this is technically impossible TOP KEK

The thing that fucks me off about braindead liberals who spout constant shit about global warming are also rhe exact same people who spout anti-nuclear garbage, when nuclear is the only actually viable alternative to fossil fuels we have. Solar is a fucking scam that even the IPCC showed had larger lifetime emissions than nuclear since the cells are so inefficient to produce.

I'm genuinely of the opinion that fossil fuel companies are funding a bunch of the """"environmentalist""""" groups to shill their shitty sham technologies or to attack nuclear.

t. Butthurt kiwi living in anti-nuclear shithole

Does NZ have coal? China has to fucking quit it with the dirty coal because that shit blows right over on us, but coal is pretty awesome.

Or how about oil? Do you have oil? We have an entire Alaksa if you need some, and we already have the infrastructure for sending intermodal ships back to China with our fresh water through the Panama Canal, so we could probably figure out how to ship you some oil.

Stop discrediting environmentalism, you evil son of a bitch. Climate change doesn't even rank in the top 3 threats to the environment, which are in this order:

1: Killing organisms (hunting, overfishing, sprawl and habitat loss, etc.)
2: Pollution
3: Invasive species introductions

>discuss.
I want you and all like you to die extremely tortuous deaths for your part in helping the death of environmentalism and popularization of anti-environmentalism. If there is a hell, you have front row seats reserved.

War on Drugs = Disaster
War on Terror = Disaster
EPA = bought off by polluters

I'm sure the Govt's War on Climate change will be a success this time though.

OP, do you realize that the Earth is a pebble in a swimming pool compared to the solar system's resources? And you're actually suggesting we stop making humans, that I refuse to build up a posterity, rather than that we learn to live in space?

We have coal, yeah. Honestly I reckon we should invest in geothermal, since earthquakes will probably kill everyone in this country eventually so might as well get them to power my shitposting laptop before that

Geothermal is pretty noice. I hate to use my cousin as an example because his very nice boomer parents have nothing better to do with their money, but he's got a pretty simple geothermal setup for his house and it's pretty yuge for his energy bills even though it can't do everything on its own.

I'm all for people with extra money experimenting with alternatives.

I think its rather dumb to be worried about this sort of thing, the fact of the matter is that the liberals have them as much as we would, those who decide what is best for us.

Yes planet earth will die.

Yes it will take ten generations

Yes we can still utilize its resources.

Unfortunately all the crazy people on this board forget that white people created the civilized world, and the only way to save all life is to be at least well on our way to becoming a type two civilization by year 3500.

All this is drivel