Motor/sp/ort - In full swing Edition

Indycar and Pirelli World Challenge at St. Pete's; NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

>Indycar having brake cooling problems; switched to PFC discs and pads but still using Brembo calipers
>Loudon Cup and Truck races, Xfinity Kentucky race moved to Las Vegas September triple header for 2018

Friday, March 10
>ICS P1 1115 ET/1615 UTC
>PWC GTS Race #1 1215 ET/1715 UTC
>NCS practice, FS1 1400 ET/1900 UTC
>ICS P2 1500 ET/2000 UTC
>NXS practice, FS1 1600 ET/2100 UTC
>NXS final practice, 1800 FS2 ET/2300 UTC
>NCS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, 1945 FS2 ET/0045 UTC (Saturday)

Saturday, March 11
>PWC GT-GTA-GT Race #1 0935 ET/1435 UTC
>ICS P3 1050 ET/1550 UTC
>NCS practice, FS1 1200 ET/1700 UTC
>PWC GTS Race #2 1255 ET/1755 UTC
>NXS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 1305 ET/1805 UTC
>NCS final practice, FS1 1430 ET/1930 UTC
>ICS Quali 1455 ET/1955 UTC
>NXS Race Boyd Gaming 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), FS1 1600 ET/2100 UTC

Sunday, March 12
>ICS Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg (110 laps) 1230 ET/1630 UTC
>PWC GT-GTA-GT Cup Race #2 1515 ET/1915 UTC
>NCS Race Kobalt 400 (267 laps, 400.5 miles), FOX 1530 ET/1930 UTC

Daylights Saving goes into effect for the US this Sunday

Other urls found in this thread:

foxsports.com/nascar/story/michael-waltrip-why-its-time-to-address-the-noise-issue-in-nascar-031017
youtube.com/watch?v=x3CLCPhYQfc
world-challenge.com/streamvideo/
youtube.com/watch?v=hJKtqt7kqL0#t=2h29m
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Short tracks? Standalone Xfinity races? No, what the fans want is more triple header 1.5 mile D-ovals so fan favorites and ticket sellers like Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski can put on epic weekend sweeps!

How can NASCAR get any worse?

This guy needs a raise

>Brain France caring what the fans think. ISC and sponsors want all those things and he is more than happy to get on his knees just like he did with the TV partners who wanted the segment and "Playoff".

We'll find out when Dale Jr smacks the wall going 400mph at Michigan or repaved Atlanta. When he goes the ratings are gonna plummet.

see

We complain about NASCAR but we watch anyway. Why do we all willingly subject ourselves to this torture?

Ask fans of open-wheel why they stayed on through the CART/IRL split.

Schadenfreude

Racing is still great no matter how much France tries to ruin it

Will I ever see another win?

Kahne fan. I'm starting to like Larson because of how similar their first three seasons were.

I like drivers who finish second. Why? It goes back to Mark Martin.

NASCAR is somehow actively working to make the cars race better, the cars are way better than they were in the 13-15 clean air era, take away more downforce and fuck that splitter already and we'd be /90s/ in here.

>Mark Martin wins the inaugural Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at the track and celebrates with these showgirls.

TFW you lost you 50th Winston Cup 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Popcorn Tin sometime between now and 2003.

>Brendan Gaughan of Las Vegas wins the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at his home track.
the phil mickelson look on gaughan lmao

Of course, a driver celebrates a win every weekend. That driver will just never again be Ryan Newman

Me on the left

I keep hearing rumors of a """""third""""" Indycar manufacturer which would likely rebrand a Cosworth. Talks are likely spurred on by the new aero kits/spec aero which will somewhat drop costs but it remains to be seen if it's significant enough to move on from pure speculation. I can't think of a manufacturer who would be keen on it: people say brands like FCA or Renault who might be looking to make a splash in the US market. Perhaps Renault/Nissan makes sense for the V6 turbo, some have also mentioned Mercedes because of their ties with Cosworth.

We'll probably find out as the 2018 car comes together and whether they open up the engine regs for a possible change in direction. The concepts of the car seem pretty tidy and development seems on track. I trust the aero guys they have working and Jay Frye to get something good out there.

If Joonya keeps complaining about the splitter we might get that gone as well. But then the drivers successfully complaining is starting to get somewhere cause Stage Racing isn't that bad. All they have to do now is shorten the calendar, add more variety and tell Eddie Gossage to go eat a dick so they can run COTA and Texas (Because COTA would sell out and since it has floodlights they can run a night time circuit race that would look pretty damn spectacular and be ratings gold. If Drivers, Teams and Networks want to do a midweek race. That's a slam dunk right there).

Also who /ragsinabox/ while waiting till April for ARCA, here?

The truck and ARCA schedule is tough. Daytona is basically just a teaser for the regular season. It bums me out how those series do not pick up until later in April.

The truck series may be my favorite NASCAR series. I never know what those inexperienced drivers are going to do or who is going to win those races. It seems like anyone in the top ten can win on any given night. The trucks consistently put on the best show of the weekend.

Sunday will be jimmiewinslol and penskewinslol

And yet NASCAR insists on killing it by giving them another trioval
>whoooo let's just have them floor it all the way around

>6 cup drivers in Xfinity
>no trucks until April

epic

>15 minutes into practice

P L O W E R
L
O
W
E
R

>NASCAR

foxsports.com/nascar/story/michael-waltrip-why-its-time-to-address-the-noise-issue-in-nascar-031017

I already have tinnitus so it's too late to worry about any of that nonsense. I want to hear the engines.

Who PWC here?

>GTA on GT pole

>SCCA loses PWC
>all they have left is zombie Trans Am that no one watches or knows how to watch, miatas, and club racing that's only broadcasted once a year

Are turbo V8s allowed?

I need the old CART/ChampCar noise back senpai

youtube.com/watch?v=x3CLCPhYQfc

We address the noise issue in NASCAR broadcasts by firing the Waltrips.

Cup quals about to get started on FS2

has Vegas always been this week. For whatever reason I thought Phoenix was the first track we went to out west.

>It's another Furniture Row has issues getting through inspection episode

they're not trying to cheat, it's just the template at the shop is wrong, for the third week in a row, for the template that hasn't changed in the last three years

>quali on FS2
suck my cock

yeh i had to google what channel it was on directv

comcast doesn't even get fs2

Kahne has low key had a solid start to the year. Has shown lots of speed.

That's a reasonable excuse at Daytona, but they should have fixed their templates after that. JGR running same car w/o issues.

FRR always push it, and like Larry Mac said, you gotta think NASCAR is getting tired of their shit.

>Are turbo V8s allowed?
Depends on how much money the incoming manufacturer is spending - when these turbo V6 rules were being figured out, Indycar was saying that they could also allow turbo inline-4 if it was desired.

Well played.

Logano's paint scheme is sexy as fuck this week.

Go Blaney

Damn Blaney had it but he fucked up turn 3

Penske's appear to have the cars to beat, which is not all that surprising. Lots of talk about how rough the bumps are, and the bumpier the track is, the better the Penske cars are. They seem to handle that shit so much better than everyone. Has made them god tier at Kentucky.

hmmmmmm i wonder whyyyy

I know very little about the shop work teams do, but yea they seem to obv have a step on the field when it comes to shocks.

jimmie wins sunday
penske wins indycar

Not a bad choice. Jimmie has a way of fucking around most of the race and randomly winning at the end here.

It will be news when a FRR car gets through inspection first time.

Hendrick's pit strategies have been really good this season so far while JGR have consistently shit the bed (lol everyone but Denny getting nailed for Speeding) that I could see Gimmie sneaking one out. But then I don't see them having pressure because they are going to be strong as fuck at Fontana like they always have been so taking LV and Fontana would be a bonus.

I know all racecar drivers outkick their coverage, but man Brad really did it. Paige is a beauty brehs.

He also made the cutest kid ever. Used to hate Brad but he's became an easy guy for me to root for lately.

what the fuck is the nascar site doing

Larry Mac's been getting real redpilled lately

I want to like Brad but he's a hypocrite

world-challenge.com/streamvideo/

Is it midlife crisis?

them fat, pasty cankles

Hello Sup Forums from LVMS

probably just shilling something. it's all nascar drivers are good at

update us on the concession situation

>KWL on pole

they got any memes there?

What time for Xfinity lads

it don't matter
none'a this matters

Here

>dicky steakhouse

nice

Who /rossi/ here

got my indy 500 tickets in the mail yesterday

race season is truly here now

>Both have prominent horse gums
Like pottery

F1 Push to pass button. I hope Brian isn't reading this.

Always.

Doesn't Vegas have a road course? Why not race there?

Sato in the fast 6 \o/

See you there user

Why doesn't he go hunting like his dad did?
>ywn go hunting with Dale Sr and Neil Bonnett

I think he does, might be wrong but for some reason I remember him talking about hunting in dan Patrick interview

Indy lights race
youtube.com/watch?v=hJKtqt7kqL0#t=2h29m

Indycar Quali results, Honda found some horses
P Car Driver Hometown Aero kit/Engine Entrant Time Speed
1 12 Will Power Chevrolet Team Penske 01:01.0640 106.118
2 9 Scott Dixon Honda Chip Ganassi Racing Teams 01:01.2219 105.844
3 5 James Hinchcliffe Honda Schmidt Peterson Motorsports 01:01.3039 105.703
4 2 Josef Newgarden Chevrolet Team Penske 01:01.7229 104.985
5 26 Takuma Sato Honda Andretti Autosport 01:01.9851 104.541
6 10 Tony Kanaan Honda Chip Ganassi Racing Teams 01:02.0824 104.377
7 8 Max Chilton Honda Chip Ganassi Racing Teams 01:01.3516 105.621
8 98 Alexander Rossi Honda Andretti Herta Autosport with Curb-Agajanian 01:01.5198 105.332
9 83 Charlie Kimball Honda Chip Ganassi Racing Teams 01:01.6066 105.184
10 15 Graham Rahal Honda Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing 01:01.6181 105.164
11 14 Carlos Munoz Chevrolet A.J. Foyt Enterprises 01:01.7399 104.956
12 28 Ryan Hunter-Reay Honda Andretti Autosport 01:03.1588 102.599
13 20 Spencer Pigot Chevrolet Ed Carpenter Racing 01:01.5898 105.212
14 1 Simon Pagenaud Chevrolet Team Penske 01:01.6129 105.173
15 27 Marco Andretti Honda Andretti Autosport with Lendium 01:01.6070 105.183
16 3 Helio Castroneves Chevrolet Team Penske 01:01.7159 104.997
17 7 Mikhail Aleshin Honda Schmidt Peterson Motorsports 01:01.7674 104.910
18 19 Ed Jones (R) Honda Dale Coyne Racing 01:01.7598 104.923
19 21 JR Hildebrand Chevrolet Ed Carpenter Racing 01:01.8465 104.776
20 4 Conor Daly Chevrolet A.J. Foyt Enterprises 01:02.2030 104.175
21 18 Sebastien Bourdais Honda Dale Coyne Racing No Time No Speed

>tfw unironically pull for Steakhouse

how are we supposed to watch it this season?
does it even get broadcasted?

fuck yeah indycar.
i'm surprised honda didn't pull out of indycar to pool together all of their resources towards their F1 power unit.

>i'm surprised honda didn't pull out of indycar to pool together all of their resources towards their F1 power unit.
you're more of a dumbass than the leafposters. and stop spamming.

>what is a joke on the internet
sorry you're taking me literally.

a third manufacturer would be good for indycar, they need it.
pc master race. that's why i can post what i want.

the new aero kits were cool at first but looking back I think they've been kind of a disappointment so far. but I like the idea of trying to make Indycar less of a "spec series".

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA

rally mexico has been alright so far.
despite the screw up with the city stage and the delay with the transports.

I saw the article but I didn't know what a fairing was.

a strange sadness comes over me as i day dream about what to do tonight, but a light appears at the end of that sadness and loneliness. A 7 time champion type of light. A light that resembles the number 48 if you can avoid squinting from its radiance. That light, is Jimmie Johnson, and NASCAR goes to Las Vegas tomorrow. The Glory of Jimmie Johnson guides us through the darkest of times, in the loneliest nights, with the weakest of hearts. God bless Jimmie Johnson.

Is IndyCar streaming the race on youtube as well?

I think it looks kinda cool tbqh

I can't find any solid info, don't think it'll be on youtube even with a geo-block. If you get some type of ESPN it'd be on that I believe.

go back to single-lap one car at a time qualifying.
stop trying to copy euros with rally stages and knockout multi-round qualifying.

>force teams to use digital dash
>still no mandatory pit road speed limiter
good use of technology nascar.
instead of a bunch of rules about sections and 5mph buffer zones. make one rule: mandatory pit road speed limiters and be done with it.

>mislife crisis

He is riding a bike. How is that a crisis

>This recap of the xfinity race

top kek

Xfinity starting to become the place where Names are forgotten because the cup drivers won't let em'

>Colton Herta being one of the top drivers in Indy Lights
>at 16 y.o., 17 by the end of March

Indycar sucks.

And fuck anyone that likes it.