youtu.be/7D9JzR7RjPw?list=PL6akIKaXBeU13K3VchpskubPdYvenLQ6y
youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7gZnVAcVA
youtu.be/gJOcCy8ovJU
youtube.com/watch?v=wC9QTHv2eQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=m3dicKNdKa8
clyp.it/0pez32ha
youtube.com/watch?v=av4X84lChEE
youtube.com/watch?v=lsJ2ap0WIcU
reverb.com/item/6284393-mesa-boogie-dual-rectifier-3-channel-solo-head-with-adjustable-bias-kt88-tubes-and-road-case
youtu.be/99TEFsL-S4o
youtu.be/AsAytr9npkc?list=PLH22-xSMERQolPbs7jGqjLm-5Yl7QhQiT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>inb4 make a living off or monetize tired old licks

>no edition
tryna flair up my autism foo?

can anyone tell me whereon the internet i can efficiently learn music theory on bass thx

Yeah, kinda boring the last few threads.

what kind of pickups should i put in my tele

EMG 808s

I could play a shocking pink guitar and not feel even the least twinge of being gay. This flowery Fender would have me questioning my masculinity, tho. It's like if I were a stoner, I couldn't puff on a penis pipe no matter how promising the high.

>trying to elevate boredom by being even more boring
/gg/ everybody

>carpal syndrome
Tough to say. I think it comes down to unnatural motion or overuse.

is this shit dem good?
youtube.com/watch?v=c-hriZEkXlk

These single note lines are executed so cleanly.

youtu.be/7D9JzR7RjPw?list=PL6akIKaXBeU13K3VchpskubPdYvenLQ6y

anyone got a CGDGBE tuning chords chart?

I was offered a hardly used Epiphone DR-100 that has been sitting in the back of a closet for seven years for free, should I? I don't own an acoustic guitar.

>for free

>free
The answer is in the question.

I'm incapable of making simple decisions on my own.

shut up roman

Friendly reminder that Schecter makes some very, very fine instruments and I want to buy one

Absolutely hideous binding and inlays
But yeah, the quality is pretty good

Not so fast, Satan.

I think the binding looks amazing on certain colors. I think it fits the white finish perfectly, on some darker quilted maple finish it would probably clash. But yeah, I'd much prefer either dot inlays or none at all.

>these leads
brian may is genius
youtube.com/watch?v=Ue7gZnVAcVA

>He doesn't know how to slap on guitar
What's your excuse?

how to make overdrive with 3 band eq sound good?

I'm a pleb. Is it hard?
youtu.be/gJOcCy8ovJU

>chinks
Disregarded

>madreperla
disgusting

It's more weird than hard.
youtube.com/watch?v=wC9QTHv2eQ4

>not calling it deathfolk edition

A lot of companies were doing that binding for a bit. I ended up getting one of these instead... (P.S.: No bully.)

Jen?

What tremolo/vibrato system is best? And what brand/manufacturer? I'm not sure if I want one, I've only played hardtail bridges so far.

idk just wiggle your wrist

Nah m8

I have lace sensors in my strat and I rly like... Or p90s are great always... Or just high quality tele pickups, and if you are determined to change it up, you can use a four position switch wiring

a titanium floyd rose myman
brand either original or hantug

Just go full fiths tuning and embrace your inner Fripp
youtube.com/watch?v=m3dicKNdKa8

interesting
I just want some easy tuning to make shoegaze though

what other pedals would I need to fulfill my space rock fantasies other than a Space Echo

Does anyone have a suggested practice routine for bass?

>smoke a bowl
>get hammered
>forget to practice
>show up late
>do a mediocre job and nobody notices
Done.

did somene tried mxr dist III in front of fender twin?

what are your must have pedals /gg/?

sure there's a bunch of articles and blog posts about this topic, but we're never afraid to beat a dead horse now are we?

for me, since my amp has built in fx

i'd say a good overdrive pedal and a wah pedal would fit my playing style, maybe i'd add some quirky pedal by earthquaker devices just to have a bit of zest

reverb for large church/cave sounds , phaser or flange for movement, looper for layering, ebow for sustaining notes, metal rods in between the strings for weird sounds

i can imagine my life without chorus. you know, all this fusion style

mbv uses EBEEBE with capos and EEEEBE on a few songs

clyp.it/0pez32ha
something im messing around with atm
>i think it sounds nice desu

also has anyone used pic related? seems neat heres a vid youtube.com/watch?v=av4X84lChEE
im thinking about getting a loop pedal though, i think itd be much more useful to have one

dudes. are you into vst like echoboy?

Just theoretical at the moment:
Tuner (Buff) > OD (TB) > Reverb (?)

I'll try that tomorrow, any tips on shoegazing?

Rocksmith is actually pretty nifty. I'm digging the concept of "gamifying" guitar practice.

>clyp.it/0pez32ha

sounds really nice

also get a loop pedal before any other pedals

If you guys won the lottery, what guitar would you buy?

I'd probably get a D-28.

Is it good for learning theory?

i have a guitar. i should buy evidence patches :(

Nah not really. I only pirated it for the scale and chord games.

Post silly things that you believed when you were a beginner. I'll start off:

> fancier guitars will make you a better player
> thin and flat Ibanez Wizard type necks will turn you into a speed demon
> tube amps are a necessity for any serious guitarist
> you need a guitar that looks "metal" to play metal

>tube amps are a necessity
i agree with it. but nowadays i have a preamp

thanks user
do you have any recs on what kind of loop pedal to get?

My tone is getting lost under all our instruments, I want to to keep my warm tone should I buy a hollow body?

>you need a guitar that looks "metal" to play metal
I gig with niggas in the 40s that still believe this

i use the ditto looper. really cheap and really easy to use. stores your loops and easy undo/redo. only problem is it only has 5 min of loop time, so it might not be the best if you're doing some crazy long prog shit

I like the Boss loopers because of the large size of the bypass footswitch. You can stomp on those motherfuckers anywhere on turn the thing on and off easily

Yeah I have. It sounds pretty y nice, really underrated distortion. Can easily do everything from light overdrive sounds to 70s/80s metal type of shit.

looking at the boss rc3, i like that you can add drums to the backing track

i'm not expert in pedals. it sounds to me like screamer on steroids, am i right?

Just got my first bass (and first instrument in a decade). How'd I do? I was told to start with five strings because I have creeper hands and the fingers for it.

yeah that's a pretty good description of it, it's a bit tighter and less bassier though.

Music theory is the same for all instruments except chords sound like shit on bass

thats p. good dood, the 5th string isnt best for everything, but doesn't hurt either. keep up the practice! you can join most bands with only a little practice on bass. keep it simple my dude

I'm totally not Steve T
youtube.com/watch?v=lsJ2ap0WIcU

Reverb

Hey /gg/, wanted some help picking out a simple and versatile amp and maybe a pedal or two? Budget around 200-300.

On a side note - anyone with wrist injuries?
I want to start playing again - haven't played since i fucked my left wrist over in a motorcycle accident (I have a click and can manually move ligaments, bones, broken shit in it what have you) but besides that, It's been well over a year....

Preferred playstyle would be anything from math rock sounds, to metal but mostly looking for clean sounds.

A loop pedal, I'm a lonely guy

My Small Clone is essential to my sound. I love the Small Clone

What Yamaha model is this?

Lads I've been practicing for the last 6 months now and it doesn't look like I'm making much progress any tips?

Jr1

My last 5 months of practise have only just paid off yesterday. My outside pick feels like an inside pick and my slant pause is almost unnoticeable. Now I have to practise harder so I don't lose my gains.

Tip: Attack your weakness!

chorus, delay, and reverb along with slight whammy bar use of you have one, but none of those are a necessity

Why are acousticfags so lame

negro... start slowly, only you know your wrist and how it will work. i stopped playing for 10 years and picked up guitar again 6 months ago. for first 4 months i had pain on my thumb and somewhere else and i never had any issues before even back then when i started to play as a teenager. but the pain went away slowly. just keep playing and try to stretch your hands as well. but you need to limit the amount of stuff you do at first.

I dreamed that I had a fuzz pedal. I want a fuzz pedal anons, I really want a fuzz pedal ;_;

But there's only a Boss one in the local store and people say those are too generic.

Uhhhhhh... What

How do I get that rough metal sound when I slide, anons?
Is there some sort of secret technique or what

Is this a good deal anons? Other ones are cheaper but this has a roadcase

reverb.com/item/6284393-mesa-boogie-dual-rectifier-3-channel-solo-head-with-adjustable-bias-kt88-tubes-and-road-case

You mean stringskeet? Just pick up your fingers as littlest aside possible between frettings

user didn't give enough detail so I gave too much, lol.

Is there any way this can be topped?

youtu.be/99TEFsL-S4o

I've seen some more complicated shit, but nothing that sounds so good as this.

Anyway, post your favorite rock solos.

Looks good. Of course you need to inspect it in person and actually test it as well, looks like it's been on road.

>solos
6 minute video... where's the solo you want us to hear?

I can kinda slap on guitar. But thumping/double thumb is easier to find rhythmic patterns with and you get less caught in the strings.
youtu.be/AsAytr9npkc?list=PLH22-xSMERQolPbs7jGqjLm-5Yl7QhQiT

5 is fine, it's the same width as a regular guitar, I never got why people say it's bad practice to start on 5, as long as you learn proper muting technique it's fine.

If I were a bassist I'd start with 5 as well. Doesn't make any reason to limit your playing only to 4 strings but that depends what music you actually play.

Where's a great source to sell my American Tele? I keep putting up ads that clearly states I'm only interested in selling but I keep getting contacted by broke ass motherfuckers that ask if I'll trade 1 great guitar for 5 shitty guitars.

>Tele
vomi-
>sell
good job

the whole thing?

My new guitar smells so fucking good, like a humidor but better.

That's gay. Not even BC Rich...

>Zappa
That was shit. Same lick throughout the whole video. Not as emotional as Neil Young not as clean as Angus Young.

>broke ass
Gotta keep your ad up for a few weeks so people can put the money together.