Is it possible to think everything is absolutely pointless but still not be suicidal or depressed at all?

Is it possible to think everything is absolutely pointless but still not be suicidal or depressed at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o1M6nmZTy-4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes you can have true freedom then ,do everything you like without considering the consequences

yes

it's called stoicism, and it's the key to finding happiness in life.

I'd say it all depends on how you define depressed. Frankly, I don't see anything inherently unwell about recognizing the fact that the continued existence of a given individual with no close ties to society may be somewhat pointless.

Also, how nice is her penis?

Or pragmatism.

It's exactly why retirees bitch about finding a purpose. They've realized a lot of people don't really have one.

yes, I do it every day. Just define your own morals and goals and decide to live for them. Happiest I've ever been in my life.

>Also, how nice is her penis?
no i just fapped to that

Isn't that Nihilism?

No

Yeah, it's called being an adult

Yes

Well, I don't know that for sure, but given how flat her stomach is, and how round her tits are, they've gotta be implants; especially in light of the quote. So, this being Sup Forums, I'm assuming she has a hot little feminine penis.

No, that's only if you throw out right and wrong. I would certainly question some people's perceptions of right and wrong, but I don't deny that right and wrong exist.

Outstanding tits.

Why do you care about things you can't change?

Nihilism is for brainlet children.
You're only a grown-up when you graduate to absurdism.

I meant OP's point of view

What determines right or wrong though?

No, i dont question moral/social effort or points like a nihilist would. But I think while they are meaningless in the big whole, they are not useless for everyday, "naive" living and i understand and do very well like that way of life. Its almost like a good hint of irony in everything. Like, i want to make a sandwich because it tasted good, but i dont want to kill myself because it doesnt matter if i do or do not eat it

What if you want it because you're hungry? It matters to your physical wellbeing that way

So are you leaning more to; in the big picture this whole Earth shitshow simply doesn't matter? Or do you think material posessions and life experiences doesn't matter for you?

This. Make the best fucking sandwich and laugh at people loosing their shit trying to find sense in living.

Ya bro. Ive been a lot of psyches especially this year and i finally got over the depression of everything is pointless. Its trulying freeing. Im on my way to a much happier guilt free life.

Thats an interesting one. I do think the earth shitshow is pointless, and material posession is one of the most ridiculous things ever. Humanity has a 5% chance to pass another 10k years. Even if well suddenly all gain immortality and live in peace and wealth, the stars will die, the universe will freeze, even matter itself vanishes. However, i think life experiences and interhuman stuff is still worth living. Maybe i just dont believe myself enough on the first part to think about an end of my everyday life and cant truly believe the uselessness of even the simplest actions

So remains that thinking? Or do you act because you see a point in it, however that one looks?

youtube.com/watch?v=o1M6nmZTy-4

this is exactly how i feel

life is pointless
our entire existence is meaningless

but whatever I just keep on keepin on

yes, sugar tits. it is.

Yes absolutely

>is it possible not to be depressed

Dumbshit

i'm quite apathetic, yet my shrink is convinced i'm suffering from moderate depression. i'm not suicidal or depressed by my own definitions, but according to some check list, I am.
if you're not suicidal then who gives a shit if you're "depressed".

You didnt understand the question
Do you know what depression is?
Why are you doing what you do, for what reason. If you are perfectly aware its meaningless, that usually comes along with a depression. Hence the thread you can fuck off now

Absurdism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absurdism

So its possible to be depressed and never think about suicide even for a second? Id never kill myself at any cost but damn im melancholic af

claims that "suicidal thoughts" comes at the next stage. "severe" depression is where daily suicidal thoughts come to you. i'm a mod. anyway I stopped going since I don't believe i'm getting anything out of this.

It can be freeing.

You realize that this sunset means nothing. The only value it has is in the here and now. If you are deriving any joy from it, sit down and lose yourself in that. That's probably the most productive thing you'll do today.

It is what it is. Appreciate it for that.
Now, go live conciously and do good nor no reward other than the knowledge you weren't being bad.

It'll make the world a better place.
Nothing means anything. Why not try and meaninglessly try and provide people with an enjoyable time and experience?

No less productive than being a dick

Start reading Kafka, Camus, and Sartre. You'll find themes that align with your world view.

Depression comes with life. Your purpose is to be depressed