Is the movie Mother! any good?

Is the movie Mother! any good?

no

Details?

>>>/rottentomatoes/

It's brilliant, but a lot of people have no understanding of the kind of highly figurative mode the film uses.

It's ham fisted and shit

Like I said, not for everybody.

Not much like this. Jodorosky's the closest that occurs to me. Some of Lynch's mode is similar.

Jennifer Lawrence nude scenes?

It's clever and it's well shot. It tells a very basic story in a very basic way and keeps you uneasy the whole time. I still hated it.

It's really goddamn obvious both that the movie is entirely a metaphor, and also what the metaphor is.

You don't even have to watch Aronofsky's own video on it to get it.

you could not sound pretentious if you tried, if you are reading this op, Jennifer Lawrence is mother nature, Javier is a figurative creator, and the whole film is some edgy remake of the story of Adam and eve, holy wars, and Jesus, and the apple... its a crock of pretentious wank, music videos have portrayed this kind of artistry better than this wank.

>entirely

Not entirely. That's one of the brilliant things about it I was originally thinking that it was simply allegorical, but couldn't make that category stick; too simplistic.

The events of the movie don't even make sense if you don't take into account the metaphor.

>Jennifer Lawrence is mother nature

One reading. But there's only one mother nature, and it's very clear the cycle repeats with different people.

more pretentious***

>One reading.
It's literally THE reading of the movie. Aronofsky himself explained it.

To be fair, you have to have a pretty high IQ to "get" Mother.

I agree. Without the metaphor, the film as a whole doesn't make sense. Separately, most all the scenes make sense as individual parts. It's neither entirely abstract nor entirely concrete.

thats spoiling the film if OP does actually want to see the waste of time that it is, but that literally adds no depth to the film what so ever, "a creator who keeps trying" i suppose a creationist would appreciate, but then i don't believe in fairy's so i would not know.

>THE reading
There's never one reading of any artwork, even if its creator insists.

>Let's theorize endlessly on a mediocre movie even though it already has an answer

Some movies invite that sort of interpretation. Mother isn't really worth the effort.

This is better.

To be fair, pussy is always better.

So, no nude scenes in this movie then?

no, I saw it last week, it tried too hard, and is too drawn out

forgetaboutitmatey

OOH LAA LAA

Edgy as fuck. Where can I find a torrent of this shit-show?

I want this movie of her