Post good punk

I don't know shit about punk. Post/discuss good punk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PRP8nkaxMkQ
youtu.be/h1WRpCsR2EE
youtu.be/OWbhWj4q10I
youtube.com/watch?v=ysjLGnzudsk
soundcloud.com/debrisoftitan/bomber-man-master-022514
youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZiwhDAo04
youtube.com/watch?v=DPhzsSJ-B4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=PRP8nkaxMkQ

youtu.be/h1WRpCsR2EE

i gotchu homie

Let's start you off the right track

youtu.be/OWbhWj4q10I

100 flowers > the urinals

youtube.com/watch?v=ysjLGnzudsk

what kind of punk do you want?
what kind of sound do you want?
punk is a very very massive genre
you can get lots of grrs and growls and very fast stuff thats pissed off
or you can get dancy numbers
do you want to start from the beginning?
do you want contemporary stuff?

first track is sick then it's all downhill from there

Weebs leave this board

Listen to this and tell us what you think, we can work from there.

What kind of punk? Punk is a pretty broad term these days.

soundcloud.com/debrisoftitan/bomber-man-master-022514

not punk

Nigger are you serious

Sex Pistols are punk rock for children.

I should know, I was one of those children.

It's punk rock 101. It's not one of the crowning achievements of the genre, but it's a good starting place.

The Ramones are a better starting point.

youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZiwhDAo04

all other (((punk))) is unneccessary

Ok yeah you're actually right about that.

Wrong. The Germs are the best instruction to actual punk

Found this in my grandpa's collection. He's got pretty good taste.

wrong

I agree about The Germs, but I hate the fact that you're most likely this douchebag

good luck in high school though

Elitism is a good thing. People need to be told they're plebs and listen to fake punk, that there is a punk canon of actual boundary pushers like Suicide, otherwise normies get into it and pop punk happens.

Well that also shows Blink-182 so we can't go off of that.

Like it or not you can't deny Blink had a HUGE impact on the genre. Enema of the State basically spawned an entire subgenre.

Why doesn't anybody ever post skate punk in these threads?
youtube.com/watch?v=DPhzsSJ-B4k

the normies responsible for pop punk were told they were plebs. their fans were told they were listening to fake punk.

pop punk still happened.

you keep fighting the good fight between geometry and lunch break though. let 'em know all about how Suicide pushed the boundaries. go get 'em champ.

not real punk

But it's not punk

how do you figure?

An entire sub genre of shit
Because it's bad pitchfork core for 13 year olds

Kek Pitchfork fucking hates punk, I thought everyone knew that.

Oh okay, so you're just retarded.

Not admitting that a shitty subgenre of a genre you like is part of said genre is and always will be fucking pointless and idiotic

the real question is where he goes from here:
crust? oi? doom? noise?

find out next season on degrassi

pop punk is part of the genre and i like it but blink are honestly just so shitty that i cant consider them anything but shit

better link this post to your livejournal

Sex Pistols are pretty fucking annoying, I do like their song "Submission" though

I stick to the Bad Brains, early Misfits, various Black Flag, Discharge, Necros, Void, Dead Kennedys, some Fear songs, a few X songs, the first three Circle Jerks, Agent Orange, the first DYS and Jerry's Kids' albums

"For Whole World to See" by Death is worthwhile too

the first couple Celtic Frost albums are fucking awesome and are worth looking into depending on what you like about punk music

A lot of punk is tryhard mohawk bullshit in terms of fitting into the aesthetic, and so much of the music comes out generic in the search for the "raw" and "stripped down" punk sound.

I don't even consider "pop-punk" to be punk music at all, to me it looks at the problems of adolescence or the state of the world like a sniveling self-pitying pussy, where to truly be punk they must be looked at with criticism and rage. That's where a lot of punks go wrong too, they get too lost in the whole Anarchy, fashion trends, and getting shitty haircuts as a social statement, that they just become laughable caricatures. A real punk, musically speaking, shouldn't give a fuck about what being "punk" means or trying to fit into it. The Exploited are a perfect example of a self-absorbed twatty attempt at being the typical punk.

Where do you place the Replacements in all this?

Gonna have to refer you to Props on having great taste in punk though.

What if I just like the sound of pop-punk from time to time? Not every song has to have a complicated political message to be enjoyable.

It's perfectly normal user