What is the patrician version of ISIS? I can't listen to them anymore because of their name

What is the patrician version of ISIS? I can't listen to them anymore because of their name.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgmbKDEJW-4
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(given_name)
youtube.com/watch?v=qyh8riI2yL4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rosetta if you want complexity
Cult of Luna if you want aggression
The Ocean if you want prog
Dirge if you want apocalyptic doom
Isis are OG though

Thanks

Yea they're awesome but too bad they associate themselves with terrorists

You're a retard.

Okay why don't you go tell your friends and family that you enjoy listening to Isis and see what they say. You don't know...

this thread is retarded but this post is fantastic.
thank you for these!

fuck terrorism

That's just the name of the band you fucking retard.

Neurosis is the obvious answer.

this, isis but better

First, I've been a fan for over 20 years and I know AT personally. Good dudes all around. Most all of their bands since then rule too. It's a shitty thing that has happened with their name, but they obviously came first. Besides, listen to what you want, and fuck telling people (especially your dumb judgemental friends and family) what you listen to?!

Listen to Sumac, Aaron's new-ish band, Isis vibes and wearable Merch.

Retard. ;)

agreed, Through Silver In Blood is great

Thanks for all the recommendations I'm not retarded though

No one really thinks you're retarded. It's a retarded thing to say though. It's disheartening to think that there are people out there that really think that way. We just want to help you op.

Old Man Gloom

How the fuck do they book gigs now?

tell them that they need to start reading up on Egyptian polytheism

What does it matter what they say?

They've been broken up for years...

Old Man Gloom were so fucking sick.

UFOmammut

>Most all of their bands since then rule too
When is Jeff Caxide going to be on a major project again, his bass playing is GOAT.

Oh but this site considers all Muslim people cancerous. It's fine

Imagine telling your friends and family you were into dying fetus or disembowlment. You're not gonna be able to get into too much metal if you care about what normies think about the names of the artists

Yeah, yep, uh-huh.

Friendly reminder that Isis was an Egyptian goddess well before any rag-tag terrorist group decided to be shitty and fail miserably.

I thought that panopticon had named an album isis

this
and Santos' OMG posts are almost worth having a facebook account to see every day.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgmbKDEJW-4

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis
(It's an Egyptian god)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isis_(given_name)
(It's a given female name)

Don't worry about what they say, OP, Isis as a name existed way before the terrorist group. Just tell them that it's a band and that it has nothing to do with the terrorists and it'll be fine.
You might as well pronounce it "Aset", which is the original pronunciation of the Egyptian god's name, but desu it would be better if you didn't hide it and just don't give a fuck.

It's not the same as admitting you're a serial killer, is it? But you're surely making it seem as such.

Bit of a gem I haven't seen mentioned in this thread. Isis guitarist among some other collaborators.

youtube.com/watch?v=qyh8riI2yL4