According to Scaruffi this is the greatest hip hop album of all time

>It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, is already a classic, an overwhelming and sophisticated campaign of revolutionary music. The rappers hound dramatic and paroxysmal in a conglomeration of rap sounds, casual bandismi (?), improvisations of scratch, (Terminator X, alias Norman Rogers, the magician of scratch) is all disturbing electronics. The traditional genres are massacred from the process of mimesis. The funk to rhythm track of Louder than a Bomb, the overwhelming anthem Rebel Without a Pause, the wild heavy metal of Channel Zero, the Oriental hypnosis of Show Em What You Got, the Dadaist cacophony of Terminator X, the funky-tropical sarabande of Bring the Noise, the minimalist dissonance of Black Steel, are alienated from zany arrangements that exalt tribal qualities. The true protagonist of this art of mosaic is producer and arranger Hank Shocklee (the leader of the Bomb Squad, to which he is accredited the producer): it is he who builds with Carthusian method the songs that transform from Ridenhour texts into chants of war.

>The contentious sermons exalt the most frightening of metropolis living and in the best cases the accumulation of inconsistent sound events creates disturbing atmospheres, of film noir, that damage the exact dimension of latent nervousness of the sub-proleterian fauna. They could be the Country Joe from black slums, sarcastic ballad singers of the evil of their time, but being faithful in the tradition of Sly Stone and George Cooper, which for to move the brain of a black one need first to move its legs, they prefer transforming their rallies in hilarious exhibition dances, or, better, in small symphonies of sheet gags.

Thoughts? Is this the best of all time? Also what the fuck is a bandismi?

i guess it's decent by hip hip standards

Scaruffi is not word of god. Just a meh critic. This isn't even PE's best album.

This album would have been cool in the 80s but I don't see the appeal in (current year)

ok thanks i dont give a fuck

someone you didn't know about until you came to Sup Forums said something is anything
it is true
okay

he should hurry up and admit that vampire rodents is hip-hop and call lullaby land #1, correctly

>it's a "Sup Forums pretending not to care but care enough to reply to the thread" episode

Fuck off

we are trying to help you

Chuck D in his prime.. had no peers.

Fuck offffff.

it's going to be tough but you'll come out the other side a better person

hey reddit

>replying to a thread is a tremendous effort

if you care about critics opinions you're a child. a little fragile child

is that a criticism

calling you out for blindly praising some italian blogger is something reddit would do?

Don't believe the hype

what

Being alive and following hip hop at the time, I can't really argue against it, even though it's prob not PE's best record. But this shit really pushed things forward in a lot of ways.

bump

It honestly might be without Flavor Flav

Music journalists like to see things in terms in how much it "revolutionized" a genre. So they put artists people never heard of or care for because they subtly predicted the sound of future artists.

Welcome to the Terrordome is the best Enemy track.

my favorite too

This or Brothers Gonna Work It Out.

I miss listening to music and genuinely being thrilled by it. Doesn't happen much, if at all now.

>which for to move the brain of a black one need first to move its legs
really, Scruffy?

You're quite hostile