It looks like I'll need to be evicting my tenant from my rental house due to multiple months of missed payments...

It looks like I'll need to be evicting my tenant from my rental house due to multiple months of missed payments. Anybody here have any experience with doing that? I know I have to give them 3 days notice and file paperwork with the courts, but is there anything else I should consider?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TruXhuAO4IY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jfc, give him a break.

Give him a warning at the very least.

its 30 days notice and that starts once the court orders it?

>is there anything else I should consider?
years of lawsuits between you and the former tenant over deposits, unpaid rent, and damage to the property

he owed me like 4 months rent on a house that I still pay a mortgage on. I'm not running a fucking charity.

Where are you located OP? The laws on this vary widely.

it depends on the state
in my state after 3 months of being in breach of contract (unpaid rent, more tenants than allowed, pets, etc) and monthly notices of how the tenant is in breach the landlord can give the tenant an order of eviction by means of 3rd party certification, usually certified mail, if the tenant does not vacate within 30 days of receiving the notice of eviction the landlord can get a court order forcing eviction in 3 days from the issuing of the court order, on the 4th day the landlord can go to the police with jurisdiction over the property to have them perform a forcible eviction
but again, the law varies greatly between states

I live in Ohio, I am only required to give them 3 days notice before filing with the courts. I was more concerned about how to handle it such that they don't trash the place on the way out.

I think I've been more than patient enough considering they talked me into renting the place to them and then they stopped making regular payments after the first 6 months.

>I was more concerned about how to handle it such that they don't trash the place on the way out.
unfortunately there is nothing you can ddo to prevent that
your only recourse is to spend years in court suing them over damages
and hoping that they don't file for bankruptcy after judgements have been made or that the court issues a punitive ruling (which is hard bc the victim has to prove malicious intent) so that the award can't go away from a bankruptcy

and if you try to do anything pre-emptively it can very easily backfire by letting the tenants sue you and win for violating their rights as tenants

You're a fucking moron for not fileing for eviction at 5 days late. Or what ever grace period you have set in the lease.

Now you're 4 months out and that's never coming back. If you're lucky and you file on Monday you may be able to get a new tenant for November 1st.

yeah I know I should have never rented to them in the first place and just sold the fucking house. However, I didn't ask for fucking opinions shithead on the deal, so kindly fuck off

dude FUCK those stupid ass bums. I hired an asset manager and after like 3 or 4 days of late fees he starts the eviction process. fucking grown adults who can't afford rent. get a manager if you can and have them get your property(ies) cash flowing again.

OP, just do this. problem solved.

youtube.com/watch?v=TruXhuAO4IY

Well that's the great thing about being a fucking retard, then going online to tell everyone about it. You don't have to ask for opinions, they present themselves.

So since you're on a good stupid streak already. Why not cut this tenant a few more months of slack, then see if he'll pork your wife for you while you're at it.

unfortunately this advise is too late for OP
but it will help OP if he continues renting the property and other anons thinking about renting out residential properties

get a property manager licensed as a real estate agent
or become a licensed yourself and get a lawyer that specialized in property law on retainer

also
don't rent out to pay a mortgage unless you have multiple properties
even then only have one property (including your personal residence) mortgaged at any given time

I said "kindly fuck off"

Before renting anything out you should have informed yourself about the Laws of your country. Not joking, it can be a mess...

Burn house down, blame tenants, profit. No headaches, new home, theyre in jail.

had a neighbor that rented out his basement
the tenant was smoking in the building when it was specifically prohibited by the lease
my neighbor starts eviction
the tenant burns the place down
the fire spread to the detached garage where a cherry condition MG T was kept
my neighbor lost everything
the fire melted the siding on that side of our house
the tenant got away scott free bc he used a stolen SSN and identity to rent the place

not to mention they always fucking blame you and trash the house on the way out, not matter how lenient, how much you've let them slide.

renters are the scum of the earth

>insurance how does it work

and the new way tenants are fucking over landlords is by committing libel on social media

my insurance covered the damage to my property
but because my neighbor's insurance excluded malicious acts he got nothing but an empty lot

>excluded malicious acts

who's fault is that

so an immediate moral to OP and others thinking of renting is make sure your insurance policy covers malicious acts

I would ask to do a walkthrough first, take pictures of the apartment, then inform the tenants of the eviction. This doesn't stop them from wrecking shit, but at least you will have some before/after documentation of any damages. Also, everyone on this board is way blowing out of proportion court time and fees. This stuff falls under small claims or property law, and those not only wrap ip quick, but it's totally normal to self represent. Just make sure you have receipts for anything you had to replace and get at least 2 estimates on any proposed repairs. Judges like it when you provide more than one estimate and in my cases have always used the higher end estimates for my awarded judgements. The only time I've ever gotten fucked was when when a former tenant filed for bankruptcy after the case.

Next time only rent to white people

you wut now?

>tfw still owed back rent, won in court and everything never seen a penny but if my nigger ever get a job with his SSN I get paid

>so an immediate moral to OP and others thinking of renting is make sure your insurance policy covers malicious acts

no the immediate is don't
ever
it's not worth any amount of money

not mine
but apparently that clause saved my neighbor ~$5000 over the life of the policy
sometimes beinging greedy costs money

Quit being such a jew. Landlords are the leeches of society. You use others to gain monetary gain and blackmail them. You along with banks are the scum of society. Kill yourself.

>I would ask to do a walkthrough first, take pictures of the apartment, then inform the tenants of the eviction. This doesn't stop them from wrecking shit, but at least you will have some before/after documentation of any damages.
assuming your contract allows for it, this will greatly help your case in court both for damages and punitive fines

>I'll need to be evicting my tenant from my rental house
I'm not going anywhere, nigger

Shut up you rodent. Lots of us work damned hard to be able to afford homes. OP seems like nothing less than a reasonable, stand-up guy getting screwed by some invertebrate lazy scum. Good for him.

3 days? Hardly enough time to leave with anything.

my sister works for a property management company
they recently made a bad merger deal where the company being bought was used to give amazing deals to the owners friends and family
many of the contracts were in direct violation of state and city property laws
in trying to get the contracts to an enforceable standard they had to piss of almost all their residents
now their online presence has such a bad reputation that they are now having problems filling properties for the first time in decades
it is so bad they are willing to give tenants massive leeway in getting out of leases so long as they sign an anti-defamation contract saying they won't post disparaging remarks on social media sites about the company

>Landlords are the leeches of society.
Leeches feed from others.

Property developers create work and offer homes for people that can't qualify for a mortgage.

Your assertion is non sequitur.

For every bad landlord there are a hundred bad tenants. Well my little snowflake: biting the hand that feeds leads you to be left out in the cold.

Appreciate your social standing and you'll appreciate your life.

Utah is considering a bill that would make it illegal to discriminate against potential tenants based on their credit and eviction history
I'm not a landlord, but I really hope that isn't enacted

read whatever legal document specifies the requirements for your state, that way you actually know

in canada it's called a residential tenancy act, I don't know what they call them in america, but if you google "residential tenancy act

the process probably varies, just go to your county courthouse or whatever and ask there.

Kek, I just went to download this to post. Fucking landlord nightmare movie.

>he owed me like 4 months rent
Post pics of your wife. You seem like kind of a bitch and I'd bet she could use someone with a firmer 'hand'.

>so long as they sign an anti-defamation contract saying they won't post disparaging remarks on social media sites about the company

kek, take the money and post anonymously anway.

Ex landlord here. Toss them out, change locks, steal property.

Or wait for your court date

>4 month

3 day notice then file for ud

thats why anyone that isnt autistic gets a background check for tenants

This wait until he leaves and just change the locks

Which country?

>multiple months
>give him a break
Fucking Millennials.
It's not even late payments, they're missed entirely.

did you miss the part where the tenant was using an assumed identity?
the SSN he used had a near perfect credit score and no evictions, repossessions, or judgements
and in my state landlords can't perform more of a background check than getting a credit report and running the ID against law enforcement DBs
the only way to have found this guy out beforehand was to send a PI to look into his past, which as I said at the beginning of this post is illegal

You aren't old enough for this site.

Go to bed.

Just get anyone who makes 3 times the rent.

I managed 52 units made 10% and quit because either you have to be a dick or they will fucj with you big time. Best job ever though.

Made money on side. Just have them month notice that they have to pay for me to pick up trash. I did that anyways then hired George. George was the guy made to pick up trash. He left though, found another job. The trash is still here.

Don't listen to these two.

Had a tenant we had to evict. He owed several months of rent and gas/electric. He was late on paying rent from the first month. Lied when he signed the lease that he'd put the gas/electric in his name when he owed them hundreds of dollars already and couldn't open a new account. This made us have to change the lease so he'd pay us the money for the bill each month. He usually didn't.

Fiancee felt bad for him because he had kids and gave him a final chance after we gave him the final demand for rent.

Coincidentally he was just about to get his tax returns and paid his back rent, utilities and the next month's rent (the only time he ever paid on time/early). Then he immediately failed to pay his next gas/electric bill. Then the next month's rent. Then the next utilites. Then another month's rent.

We said that's fucking it and gave him his final warning required by law. He didn't show up for the eviction hearing and then got bent out of shape when he got the notice to evict and seriously tried to claim he couldn't read the date/time on the court paperwork.

He got evicted and left a bunch of his shit in our house.

Have a neutral third party give them the final notice. In many states your tenants can buy themselves extra time if you do it yourself by claiming you never actually gave them the notice and you aren't in a good position to argue since you'd have incentive to lie and courts are often favorable to tenants.

if you live in a single party recording state you can record yourself giving the notice

yeah take a gun when you tell him, tell him in writing multiple times, and take pictures to prove you told him in writing.

I had a nigger go literal ape shit on me for evicting them. He punched me in the face and calmed right the fuck down when I pulled out my glock and told him to make my day. Whole thing was recorded by the way, makes it much less of a mess in court.

Take another person with you to film from the car.

People who don't pay their debts are subhuman filth and should be treated as such.