Does anyone know a way to overcome severe social anxiety...

does anyone know a way to overcome severe social anxiety? I've been suffering for at least 10 years and it limits me in every aspect of my life.

Smonk denk

I have considered that, but I would have no idea where to get it from. I don't know any people besides my close family and I only go outside when I really have to.

Contact a physician who can prescribe you a medication of some sort

Weed will make it worse. Medication will just become a crutch. The only way to overcome it is immersion therapy. Just force yourself to talk to people every day. Start off small by asking a store clerk how their day is going, then move up to starting conversations with strangers at bars or walking trails or shopping centers or something. The more you're around people, the easier it becomes.

I had a psychiatrist but he would only prescribe me antipsychotics. I have tried many of them in the past with no positive effect.
That kind of medication has too many side effects, and I'm worried they will fuck me up badly in the long term, so I'm not taking any of that shit anymore.

The ultimate test will be going to a club or a bar and dancing to music in front of a crowd of strangers and not feeling self conscious. Then you can start talking to hot chicks and getting rejected over and over to build more confidence until one finally likes you

nigger, even normal people would become nervous doing this shit. Because it's forced and cringy as fuck.

If you want to get some social contact, try to initiate it in places where you need to be. If you are a student, ask some other students about something about the shared class.
If you are working, ask a coworker how they are or if they had a nice weekend.

you overcome it by jumping in front of a train

You're a fucking idiot lol

I would have no idea what to say to them, like I have no experiences to drawn from that normal people would use as a basis for a converstation.

I have never been in a bar before, I think I would feel very uncomfortable and out of place there and going there alone seems kind of strange. I think that's something you only do with friends. As I said I can't start a conversation because I have nothing to draw from.

At least I don't ask the fucking cashier how his day is going lmao

You have nothing to draw from because you have no practice. Like I said, start small then build your way up. Try hanging out with your family and see how they talk to each other. Then, when you feel comfortable, just ask random people how their day is going. Then, when you feel comfortable go to a bar or a party and talk to people. All you really have to do is ask them questions about themselves and pretend to be interested. It's really easy when you practice. Girls especially love it when you ask about them, but you have to have a small amount of interest in them or they will sense you don't care. Guys don't care and will literally talk about anything usually. Just practice, user. I'm dealing with the same exact problem

And that's why you're an edgy faggot who thinks they know everything

Here is what worked for me:
30 minutes of exercise daily at 150 bpm
Cut out carbs and caffeine
Stopped smoking
Stopped drinking
Stopped fast food.
Ate only protein and veges.

Some would argue the remedy was worde than the anxiety but it really worked.

If you try talking to someone and asking them about themselves and they ignore you, they are probably just self-centered assholes who you probably don't want to talk to anyway. Don't let them discourage you. Eventually, you will get good and it will become natural to talk to people you're around. Just don't let assholes make you feel insecure because they are depressed and want to bring you down

Quit bein a bitch

Just asking people about themselves seems wrong to me. I feel like they're expecting me to share something about myself too otherwise I would just be interviewing them.

The only time I try to talk to people it's usually when they ask me a question. I speak my one or 2 sentences and then they will just lost interest and move on with the thing they were doing before that. I feel like I bore people with the stuff I say, or maybe I'm just weird.

I could never initiate a conversation myself because I'm afraid of rejection because feel I'm not good enough for them, the normal people. If I initiated a conversation they would expect me to to say something interesting and keep talking for more than just a few sentences, have a response ready for their response and so on, I just couldn't take that pressure.

Whats wrong with asking the cashier how is day is going?

Being friendly and knowing your community is one step to being social you fucking autistic.

Unless your a degenerate who says the same 4 lines to every person he sees

All you did was stop putting poisons into your mind, which led you to have a clearer and thoughtful mind.

Thoughts like making your life better somehow doesn't seem so bad when you dont have 150grams of sugar and pounds of weed in your system

Benzos

It's a good idea to share a quick bit about yourself too when talking to someone. Like "oh, I think I read about that somewhere" or "Yeah, I like doing that too."

>The only time I try to talk to people it's usually when they ask me a question. I speak my one or 2 sentences and then they will just lost interest and move on with the thing they were doing before that. I feel like I bore people with the stuff I say, or maybe I'm just weird.

All people are selfish (not in a bad way) and like to talk about what their interested in, rather than listen to someone else talk about themselves, so just play on that is what I mean

The only way to get over fear of rejection is to get rejected over and over until you get used to it.

I'm still learning how to talk to people too, so don't take everything I say here as gospel, but I know enough to get by. You just got to get out their and practice man and don't worry about what people think, everybody feels self-conscious (some more than others and it sucks) and most people will sense you're feeling that way and try to help you out in the conversation.

But if someone is only giving you one word answers or isn't showing interest in talking to you, then respect that and leave them alone. If someone wants to talk, it will be hard to shut them up

Same problem as with weed, without knowing anyone I have no access to them and I don't live in a country where they sell those without a prescription. But that's maybe for the better because they are supposed to be addictive as fuck.

I will try doing that, thanks for the advice.

Even though it feels very weird and I would have to go way out of my comfort zone and fake my interest, because usually I don't wanna hear about other people's lives at all, because all it does is getting me jealous.
A huge fear of mine is if it turns out you ultimately can't make a connection. I would have wasted all my time and energy listening to someone who doesn't give the slightest fuck about my company.

>If someone wants to talk, it will be hard to shut them up
That never happened to me, maybe because I rarely make eye-contact too. I think my body language is sending out the wrong signals. Family sometimes tells me I look sad or pissed off without me realizing it.

Don't use drugs to cope with it, trust me. Same with depression. Drugs should only be used as a last resort

No problem for the advice.

I know exactly how you feel, it sucks and I feel like I would rather be alone for the rest of my life than leave the comfort of my room to go talk to somebody about their boring ass life. But if you have to choose between that or being depressed and lonely all the time.

The hardest part is starting something new, but after like a week it becomes easier and eventually it won't even be an issue anymore. Trust me on this user and good luck man

I think you aren't asking the right questions. Try to use your questions to get to know the person so you know what questions to ask next, rather than just asking them about the weather or something on the news or whatever. I should've said that earlier, sorry.

A great way to get someone talking is to ask about their job/what their going to school for. Guys especially love talking about their work. Girls just love talking about themselves usually so ask them what they do for fun instead of work.

>does anyone know a way to overcome severe social anxiety?

Yeah
1. SSRI (daily)
2. Beta-blocker (before social situations)
3. Alcohol (when possible)
4. Visualization (daily)
5. Exposure / Desensitization (as often as possible)
6. Cognitive behavior therapy (a full course, no half-assing)

24 hits of lsd, 16 beers, two shots of moonshine, and a blunt to the face. Then go into the public. Snort cocaine and/or meth to keep awake.

Drugs are a crutch and will leave you worse off in the long-run. Stay away from drugs and you even get to save some money

Need proof? Ask any addict that became sober

lol
I feel like exposure is only making it worse for some reason. After a week of "exposing" myself more than usual I'm very mentally exhausted and don't leave the house for a whole weekend, which is what I'm doing at this very moment.

I'm planning on doing a therapy but I'm currently still looking for a therapist. Even making these phone calls is extremely exhausting. I used some SSRI in the past, they didn't seem to help me at all. And while using them I wasn't intersted in masturbating anymore which was very annoying too.

start fitness, worked for me..

start hanging out with people you severely disrespect. Then gradually move on to people you slightly disrespect. keep moving up

xanax and lithium

That sounds like a good strategy in theory because then I didn't have to worry about getting rejected. I will think about that thanks.

It's getting worse because the association is always negative for you and it might get worse.

Sounds like you dallied in SSRIs: would you dally in a course of antibiotics and act shocked when the infection came back stronger? Get your ass on them for a couple months then do the exposure. The side-effects lessen as time goes on.

Also use the fucking beta-blockers I recommended too. They block the adrenal functions that your brain is interpreting as danger (instead of a thrill).

Do what I told you to do. . . under the guidance of a medical professional.

The drugs will let you get a foot in the door and once your body no longer feels the danger signals you can wean off them.

Have you tried drinking alcohol? You don't need to get piss drunk or anything, just a dose of liquid courage to help ya out.

in my opinion is to create things whether that music or drawing because working and completing thing whether that be something big or small might be validating to you. Another thing is to get into thing that you like because you might find people who are into things that you like and you'll form connections. hope this helps.

>Drugs are a crutch and will leave you worse off in the long-run. Stay away from drugs and you even get to save some money

You're right about "dry drunks", but . . .

Crutches let the body heal and let the patient walk until his legs are strong enough to go without them.

The OP needs crutches for now so he can walk a bit.

Eventually, he can go without them for short distances and then completely without them.

You're right. I just get passionate when it comes to drugs and it clouds my reasoning. Sorry OP

No, cause l'm too afraid to buy it in the store. I look very young even though I'm 25 and they would probably ask for my ID and that would be very awkward. What will they think of me? I don't think I was really "drunk" even once in my life and the only times I ever drank alcohol was at my relatives birthdays. I know that probably sounds ridiculous to most normal people.

I don't think I have the talent to do anything creatively, I do have a guitar but I suck at it. I don't have a lot of interests for anything really. For some reason I never developed them.

You've clearly never had a panic attack let alone 20 in a single day

>You're right. I just get passionate when it comes to drugs and it clouds my reasoning. Sorry OP

You raised a valid concern. People who self-medicate w/o changing the underlying reasons for it are as bad as ever even when they sober up.

Abusive, anxious, avoidant.

Oh, I know this game. We just assume things about each other without knowing if their true.

Well you're a drunk and a pedophile and you probably jerk off to ponies, you faggot bitch boy

Nah man, I have anxiety but I'm able to overcome it, I could only imagine what it would be like if I wasn't able to make myself "just go for it" all the time.
Get a buddy or friend to make a purchase for you, there has to be someone in your life who wouldn't mind giving you a hand to see if a little booze would help.

Also, something simple, you might try chewing gum or snacking. The act of eating or chewing puts the body in a more relaxed state, not to mention gum would be something good to keep you a little pre-occupied, like fidgeting with something when you're nervous.

Saying drugs are a crutch is clearly coming from someone who has never had serious debilitating illnesses.
One of those religious types who think meditation and chai tea will cure everything

Yeah exactly, just wish they taught this in schools instead of the propaganda bull shit they do teach

You're a fucking idiot

Yet I'm right :^)

personally it only happened to me when a crush rejected me, i said id never be socially awkward again after that happened, and i wasnt, also getting a job helps

Awwww man you trolled me! hahahaha xD

The key is to not be afraid. You're worried about saying something stupid or being rejected. Just relax and talk to people.

bump.

It wasn't very severe than, you even said you had a crush. If I could just "tell myself" not to be afraid anymore I wouldn't make this thread.

I was never in love, never had any real friends and never had developed proper social skills. I have to learn all that from the ground up, everything normal people take for granted.