Listen to an album with high expectations thinking it's going to be good

>listen to an album with high expectations thinking it's going to be good
>it's absolute shit
what's it's name?

Telefon Tel Aviv - Map of What Is Effortless is one of the absolute worst albums I've heard. I expected it to be good. This was years ago. Someone posted it in a share thread, and they described it as really good "IDM"-ish music but it was actually really um bad

Both of you have terrible taste.

OP here
it's just shitty generic house music with 20 minute long tracks

your favorite album

Sun Kil Moon - Benji

>not being blow away by Market

>not falling in love with Synkro

>not realizing Tessio is the greatest song of all time

you goofed

i hated this album first few times but now I love it. give it another chance if you're willing

How many times do i listen before i get it?

pleb

There's nothing to get

>high expectations for green day
You did this to yourself

Maybe not high expectations but that album was so devastatingly disappointing. It's the straw that broke the camel's back in thinking they could ever be good again. It's an absolute piece of shit. And I have no joy in saying this. It kills me to have to say these things about Green Day but I've hated them for nearly a decade now.

>generic house music

oh fucking boy

This user. Fugazi in general took me a minute

desu most good bands make a couple good albums then they either break up or keep making shit. it's not even a Green Day thing, it's almost every rock band. any time a band makes more than 3 good albums they're pretty special.

If you don't "get it" the first time you never will

get get get get got got got got

They have brilliant songs in their back catalogue and are so important to history but have spent every year since 2008 decreasing the quality of their own eulogy. They'd been pretty meh for a while but Revolution Radio is the fucking Devil.