Spotify To Remove “Hate Music” In Collaboration With Southern Poverty Law Center

Amid the ongoing fallout from the violence that saw a civil rights activist killed, music subscription service Spotify began removing so-called white power music, flagged by the SPLC as racist “hate bands”.

A Spotify spokesperson said: “Illegal content or material that favours hatred or incites violence against race, religion, sexuality or the like is not tolerated by us. Spotify takes immediate action to remove any such material as soon as it has been brought to our attention.

theguardian.com/technol...-neo-nazis-as-spotify-bans-white-power-tracks

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2017/aug/17/apple-denounces-neo-nazis-as-spotify-bans-white-power-tracks
youtube.com/watch?v=i_CDhol0EjY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact_invasion_of_Czechoslovakia
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

inb4 300+ cucks complaining about a private company doing what it wants

>link doesn't even work
epic thread

I respect their rights as a company to do this, even if I wouldn't do it myself, but using the SPLC as a source on who is and who isn't a Nazi artist is really, really stupid. They've proven time and time again that they don't know what the fuck their on about in regards to that at least. I can see a lot of not actually white nationalist music being removed through moral panic here.

wtf my johnny rebel, skewdriver and death in june playlist is gone

Goodbye Death in June.

theguardian.com/technology/2017/aug/17/apple-denounces-neo-nazis-as-spotify-bans-white-power-tracks
It's real, OP just goofed

interesting

fucking cucks
I'm jewish and I love nokturnal mortum
separate the art from the artist you idiots

retarded libertarian spotted

>racism is bad, but not when these people do it.

How much you wanna bet they don't even touch black supremacy songs. Also, they won't admit how much play any of these "hate" songs get, because it's most likely zero.

>splc
jesus christ why

this will not end well

tbf, they are, they're removing artwork with explicit promotion of fascist ideals, not just any artist who might be a fascist (at least I think anyway, otherwise I guess I'm not going to be listening to a whole lot of Burzum for a while)
I don't agree with it, but it's their service and they can host what they want

This alone justifies my racism

we're slowly moving towards a point where white artists are basically no-platformed simply because the color of their skin is offensive to people.

let that sink in.

ok if you put swastikas on your shit that's one thing entirely but it makes it sounds like they're just going to go after anyone based on political views

no one is saying they can't

Is there a list of bands being removed?

We've gone too far

>nazi artists are removed
>commie artiats get to stay
really boils my eggs

Probably not, because that would honestly be the biggest promotion they'll ever get

No one cares about your feelings, nazi

I don't like this. It's a very slippery slope of what is determined to be hate or not. Racism (by white people) is pretty much the modern day McCarthyism, and once institutions and possibly the government go full into suppressing hate speech, people are going to get fucked over for the slightest transgressions for other's gain. Of course I hate racism and all that, but banning speech should never happen, especially given the ramifications on the internet (this place would get shut down or change vastly for one). Thanks a lot Sup Forums and white supremacist assholes for giving people who want to suppress speech a platform.

This shit is going too far now. Freedom of speech is literally being silenced. it's the equivalent of putting fingers in your ears and screaming "LALALALALALA"

Hurr durr DAE commies are worst dan Nazis?

Hitler wuz a gud boi he dindu nuffin

You're not going to end racism by banning "problematic" artists. You're just going to piss people off. The fans aren't going to stop listening to them, people who hate the politics aren't going to listen anyway, what difference does it make?

This is why everyone hates progressives fyi purge all censoring commies

Who gives a shit? Its Nazis, bro.

>communist
>talking about murdering millions

it'd be funny if you weren't serious

>don't use your right to free speech or they'll try to take it away!
Wow it's almost like not having it at all

Can someone post up that one NSBM chart? Don't have it on me atm.

In other news, aside from the lyrical content (obv) this actually isn't objectively a bad album:

youtube.com/watch?v=i_CDhol0EjY

I use the cracked app for free so I don't give a shit

Stupid sacks of shit like you is why we can't have nice things

You're a Nazi. Everyone, this guy is a Nazi. Fuck him, doxx his IP right now.

lol, wut

A privately owned company is making a decision on their own accord to remove hate music. There's no violation of the first amendment because the government isn't forcing them to remove it.

You fucking dumbass.

NOOOO! MY BRAINBOMBS!

Does this also mean they'll delete every single piece of work Steve Albini worked on?

What qualifies as hate music? where do we draw the line? Swans and Whitehouse should be classified as hate music then.

Good. Fuck Nazis and white nationalists

Shoo shoo Nazi!

The SPLC has been fully discredited in every way except as a naked moneymaking operation.

Figures those Swedish fags at Spotify would be that far behind the times

You hate Nazis? Wow dude please tell the world good for you dude here's a medal.

Nice reading comprehension. Reread it.

A PRIVATE COMPANY is making their own decision on what THEY consider hate music.

Do you need it spelled out to you?

Have you ever read the 1st amendment yes or no

Was Skrewdriver ever on Spotify? I just searched them and nothing came up.

this
might as well add Kendrick, Solange, Beyonce, Run The Jewels and any other bigot musicians supporting racism

I bet you think Nazis deserve free speech.

Holy shit. Good thing no one actually interested uses that service.
I can't believe they're doing it with SPLC, those censorhappy freaks count even Death In June as "Hate Music".

>Now it applies cuz it's convenient
Big ol brain o mine bake my cake or die

It's not "free" speech if you ban it for a particular group.

Have you? Do you know what first amendment protects you from?

>Knowing so little about communism

what if a private company started banning rap music because it advocated black pride

They do are you literally fucking retardrd

You obviously have a point but
>holding a large rally armed to the teeth with nazi and confederate imagery while chanting about death to gays, jews, and blacks isn't going to give your opponents enough fodder to get your way of thinking suppressed

>no one actually interested
what does this even mean

>this thread

Fuck Nazis!

who else Team Heidi here?

Hate speech is not protected under free speech and has not been for a very long time. Nothing has changed. Grow up.

man i sure am glad we have so many of these epic policial threads every day. hard to figure out how they are going to turn out i must say

>content or material that favours hatred or incites violence against race, religion, sexuality or the like is not tolerated by us.

Are they gonna remove like, half or all the rap music they have?

Like, what the fuck? This is not right.

almost all white artists are not nazis, shithead

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pol_Pot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulag

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact_invasion_of_Czechoslovakia

>only certain people can have freedom of speech

you're starting to sound like a Nazi, friendo

I'll take that as a 500% resounding no then

They'd have the right to
People would get all flustered about it, sure, but they have a right to

Just like the group you're defending wants to take away free speech.

Really makes ya think.

Then they would be called out as racist from most major news networks and SJWs would start a campaign to make sure nobody buys their products.

>I don't agree with it, but it's their service and they can host what they want
sure they have the right to do what they want
and I have the right to call them idiots

>having this saved on your phone
Are all the fat girls with decent faces you orbit clued into the fact that you save dank marxist memes to your iPhone?

nice

Not real communism

And neither have you

So, will Spotify remove like 90% of Eminem's discography? It is hateful, he has written a song about a fantasy of him killing his girlfriend who cheated on him, is that hateful? Should that be removed?

I dont think there's many "nazi" stuff on spotify...

however I'm pretty sure that they will later try to remove any "homophobic", "transphobic" stuff. at least from smaller labels

tyler the creator cant enter the uk because of theresa may (when she was in their homeland security)

Does this mean a lot of hip-hop is going to be removed?

I said communism. Not state capitalism.

Bake The Fucking Cake set a precedent that this is no longer true

Yeah, exactly

As does the group you probably would defend (Antifa). What is the point of having freedom of speech if people with extremist reviled ideologies aren't allowed to have it? Isn't that kind of the point, to let you say something without the law stopping you no matter how disagreeable it may be?

Not sure if this is bait...

Probably is.

hehehe almost at the same time we share the same thought

Don't even respond, he has one for every board and spams them in any vaguely political thread
The extent of leftypol "humor" everyone

Fuck, I forgot that Tyler's out
Funny that he's actually a wooly wooftah
I know there was one of them in Ireland or wherever, was there one in America as well?

>NAZIS WILL NEVER EVER HAVE RIGHTS

L0L

hahaha imagine actually typing this and believing it

The "Nazis" had a permit, not the communists. Really makes you think

>litereally no uuuuuuuuu
Fire all professors

Interesting in building, maintaining and listening to a personal, unique collection of music that draws from as large a pool of music as possible.

Yeah, it was a big deal
For a good laugh, ask a supporter of it if you should be able to demand a black-owned bakery make a Confederate flag cake and watch them go into conniptions

If not being able to stream hateful music makes you unable to listen to it, you're exactly the sort've susceptible retard who would actually be affected by its message

Streaming is for people who only vaguely enjoy music anyway

That's not a funny thought. Kind of scary that people believe this.

>airquotes
No need they were literal fucking nazis chanting blood and soil and you see why people are pissed? No. Dude. Fuck off. You're defending actual Nazis.

I'm not even talking about you Sup Forumsfag trump shitposters or virgin white gamers who are just being edgy, no. I'm talking about actual fucking KKK genocidal Nazis, you're siding with these people.

Quick rundown on the case
Who was being made to bake what by whom?

Truth is, most people are just trolling or aren't that far right. Just let it go man, everyone on Sup Forums is just looking for a reaction.

>falling for marketing this hard
Take the

This made me upgrade to premium

Thanks OP

Dude they're not Nazis, they're just friendly neighbourhood white supremacists, jeez

Radicalization because of online echo chambers. Left and right think there are threats to their very existence when it's fringe minority on both sides. 99% of population just wants to go to work fuck their gf and eat some good food at the end of the day not bother with this Nazis vs Antifa fascist italy streetfight nonsense.

>free speech is only for people I agree with!!! LITERAL NAZIS!!!!
Yeah ok buddy. I don't know if you're false flagging as the typical rabid leftist or if you actually believe that lmao