Are non-english speakers officially musical plebs because they cannot

are non-english speakers officially musical plebs because they cannot
recognize and understand lyrics without looking them up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VmE-bJDHvhY
youtube.com/watch?v=FUOVJqhti1M
youtube.com/watch?v=b0KQliwQgEo&t=10s
youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw
youtu.be/TLHXuAUpt5g
youtube.com/watch?v=hh1xz4miUks
youtube.com/watch?v=g4AElTAFjD0
youtube.com/watch?v=LgMe5HdZqbg
youtube.com/watch?v=8BPatnqwmBk
youtube.com/watch?v=kxwPS7xipXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

EOPs tend to be worse at their language than ESLs tee bee aych.

les non-francophones sont-ils officiellement des plébéiens s'ils ne peuvent pas comprendre n'importe qu'elle parole sans devoir les rechercher?

this post is arrogance incarnate.

speak English you nazi fuck

I think it's the other other way around, the amount of non-english speakers that are willing to learn english is greater than the number of English speakers that don't care to learn other languages

like, would you enjoy hip hop if you couldnt hear lyrics

>france
>making music with lyrics worth listening to

Lyrics are for plebs.

Italian here. I don't evaluate rap like a real genre because it is based on the lyrics and not on the music. Most of the time i listen to music because of MUSIC not because of lyrics. However, when I like the music enough and I don't get the lyrics at first listen I could always look them up, but I'm not into LYRICS BASED genres like rap and folk music.

Example: I love death grips but I don't get everything they say, I listen them because of the music and I know the fact that lyrics are centered on drugs, sex, alienation. I get a quarter of the lyrics let's say. The rest is about enjoying the music.

I love lyrics from artists like sufjan stevens and arcade fire. But lyrics are not to be isolated from the music. Try to listen something italian lyrics based like jovanotti "fango" and tell me what you think. Or try to listen some shitty italian rap and dance music like "fabri fibra" or "rovazzi" and tell me what you think. This is how I feel listening to non-interesting "artists" like kanye west, kendrick lamaar and such.

Kanye has pretty good production so you can just listen to the instrumentation
Kendrick is boring as fuck though

heureusement je suis trilingue :^)

> I don't evaluate rap like a real genre because it is based on the lyrics and not on the music. Most of the time i listen to music because of MUSIC not because of lyrics.
This but with 0% irony.

Mi mi mi um negro latino me bulinou cantando errado a letra de lar doce lar Alabama e agora eu venho no mu reclamar.

Speak English, you nazi fuck. *

this
pakistani here

>rovazzi
Is he, dare I say, an industry plant?

That is a damn shame, since hip-hop has the ability to elevate your understanding of English.

Besides the fact that a lot of the best music is languages other than English, there's also the fact that a lot of the best music is instrumental and then the even more important fact that a lot of lyrics in English music aren't important and in fact it's probably easier to enjoy and appreciate a lot of English music if you have no idea what the fuck they are saying

But yeah, they can't properly enjoy Bob Dylan so I can also entertain the argument they live lesser lives as a result (though even he has plenty of classics where you don't need to know what he's saying and their languages generally have an equivalent artist that English speakers have the same problem with)

But I understand your language AND I understand my own, thus I enjoy the double amount of music you weak ass can.

Tips on learning a language?

Another italian here. To answer your question OP, no, because
1) With enough training, you can easily get to a point where you understand most of the lyrics on the go even with moderately fast songs. I admit that, if the lyrics are too complex or if the singer has a weird-ass accent/voice (most of the time for example, Iggy Azalea only shouts unidentified gibberish for me until I go and check the lyrics), I usually listen a second time in order to focus on the lyrics. But that generally happens only with songs that focus on heavy wordplay, like rap, and the more I "train" the less I need to do that. I don't think I've ever needed to look up lyrics for stuff from other genres in the last years (save TMR).
For example, I listened to all of Flower Boy yesterday and I had no problems, despite abbreviations and slangs that would have put me off when I was just starting out to listen to english stuff.

2) Do you really think that there aren't songs with amazing lyrics in other languages? You could literally say the same for english speakers and non-english music. To name a few, the Uochi Toki and Murubutu are great artists you're really missing out on, but the fact that you don't speak italian won't make you enjoy throughly really good stuff like the former's Cuore Amore Errore Disintegrazione (you might enjoy Macchina da Guerra though, mostly because it sounds like it could be from Death Grips, only in the language of pasta).
There is "patrician" shit in every language, but it's obvious that a mostly english-speaking site more easily understands the english masterpieces and has less problems finding them rather than, say, german ones.
If anything, someone who speaks more than a language has more chances of understanding great stuff than someone who only speaks one.

Unfortunately not. Most rappers speak such a dubious English. They're hard to be understood by foreigners.

try babbel or rosetta stone

there's also audiobooks

First of all, which language would you like to learn?

Latvian here.

My English is good enough that I can understand most lyrics as long as they are clear and without any extreme effects overlayed. Shoegaze is fucking difficult to understand, but I believe that is the case for most everyone.

Italian here, this guy is a fucking retard please don't listen to him

I think it's the opposite, when I listen to music in my language I don't really think about the lyrics, just the melody and the general topic of the song, but when I listen to english songs I have to focus more to follow what the singer is saying, and I end up understanding a lot more and noticing tons of stuff

This

>n'importe qu'elle

start learning to spell french correctly before trying to be smart

Anglo music is not that reliant on lyrics.
Even their most famous lyricist bob dylan is garbage compared to the biggest french or spic lyricists.

good french lyricists are a rare species, don't fool yourself or others, most of it is fucking bland and lame, like all the yéyé shit

You can appreciate great music even without knowing the lyrics. Want proof?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVjl2dhMXc8

DE SPA CITO

>black metal
>garbage
reddit-tier opinion

english is easy

First you make sure your pronunciation of the vowels is correct, then you go to duolingo until you get all the most basic words and sentences and then you start learning the grammar

go back to not having a job you goat sacrificing faggot

I know english is ez mode but I learned it by watching the angry videogame nerd and listening to green day, I got a C2 level certificate when I was 14 meanwhile tons of friends who studied for hours every day were barely able to pass the tests.

This is not me bragging, I'm just saying that listening to people talk the language you wanna learn helps a lot. Try to watch movies in that language with subtitles for example

>anthony fantano
>smart

clear bait

English teacher here, what you said is partly correct. You should definitely start with basic vocab and sentences before doing the grammar, but any well structured course (classroom based or perhaps with a tutor, could be online) should get you rolling on basic grammar early on. Simple present tense of common verbs, question structures, and depending on the morphology of the language, you might start learning various conjugations. Spanish, for example, has 6 conjugations in each tense, so it doesn't really help to learn "I am" completely isolated from "you are, he is, we are" etc.
Pronunciation IS important, but skills (reading, writing,speaking,listening) are something to focus on a little later. I suppose basic vowel sounds are important, so you don't sound like a complete retard in the beginning (this is important in English which has complicated phonology compared to a lot of languages).

Oh, and try moving to a country where the language is spoken.

This is how it went down for me as well. Our teachers have been terrible through the years, and my classmates that didn't use the Internet often/didn't like music that much never got good as those who did.

I agree with you, I did the same, this is my post: It's just that this is the best way to learn the basics: Vowels > Alphabet(if needed) > basic vocabulary and sentences > basic grammar

Then you can do whatever way you want, if you did the first step correctly you will almost not have an accent.

This. I know english better than all my peers because I spend all day every day on cantonese wall painting forums.

>quoting Jovanotti as a good musician and Fibra as a shitty one
You people may not know what he's talking about but I must certify that this user is a complete plebeian.

>because it is based on the lyrics and not on the music
a fucking shame for our country just pretend you're american ffs

>go to club where they're supposed to play house music
>they play dark polo gang
>go to club in greece
>they play dark polo gang
>go to Sup Forums
>they post dark polo gang
STOP JESUS

Are you implying that statement isn't true?

ITALIAN HIP HOP TIER LIST

>SS Tier
Dark Polo Gang

>S Tier
Fibra
Bassi Maestro
Mondo Marcio
Nitro
Gemitaiz

>A Tier
Salmo
Madman
Murubutu

>B Tier
Ghali
Izi

Sei vecchio, sei già morto, il tuo posto è in una bara.

La DPG è il futuro, è la moda, DPG = Sex Beatles

is everyone on Sup Forums secretly italian?
in every fucking thread as soon as italy or an italian song is mentioned they come out like fucking roaches
GO BACK TO YOUR GO-NAGAI FORUM

BUFUS DETECTED /ITAMU/ WHEN
Swap Salmo and Murubutu and throw in the garbage Gemitaiz and that chart stands objectively correct.

Name one (1) american rapper than can perform this well live.

youtube.com/watch?v=VmE-bJDHvhY

Pro Tip: You can't.

it's scaruffi's fault

This thread is now claimed as /dpg/ post your rare Tonis

>leaving out coco, luche, ketama126, gue pequeno, marracash, tedua, maruego, sfera ebbasta
cmon now

someone make an italian thread

Tedua non riesco ad ascoltarlo mi da sui nervi come (non) sta sul tempo

/italianaryastark/ board when

Diesagiowave please get out

I listen to music with subtitles you fucking pleb

>he doesn't spend his days watching fb profiles of diesagiowave's posters

Armando vattene

*lucida er fero*

MY BOY KETAMA

youtube.com/watch?v=FUOVJqhti1M

SONO UN RAGAZZO TRISTE

MI SPARO CO UNA .23 O MUOIO CO I MANO UN BLISTER

Anyway, is Ugo Borghetti the ultimate patrician post-rap rapper? I think yes

youtube.com/watch?v=b0KQliwQgEo&t=10s

he should do those kind of barry white-style intros where he just talks like
youtube.com/watch?v=x0I6mhZ5wMw
if he raps too much he ruins the song

absolutely plebeian

youtu.be/TLHXuAUpt5g
/126/ when

oh ma un link oh medonna in mp3?

a best

HOWEVER, when will carl brave produce a different beat than literally this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=hh1xz4miUks

when are we getting more rappers talking about depression/suicide/life is shit etc...

listen to emo shit instead

this whole album

youtube.com/watch?v=g4AElTAFjD0

who /motelforlanini/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=LgMe5HdZqbg

Implying that you need text to understand music.

I can't stand this shit but now I want to masterbate

I already touched myself twice since you posted that

depression is a white invention

Focaccine

>listens to mainstream sellout bello figo
>doesn't know about the true hip hop trash king
youtube.com/watch?v=8BPatnqwmBk

kys

I bet u don't even eat pizza at the King u little shit.

>non ha preso l'esselungapill
Pathetic.

wang jiao is better

You are not a true ragazza of Porta Venezia

>lui non capisce i testi di Vinicio Capossela

lol k random le focacine xd

città studi please go

>ER BARCAROLO VA CONTROCORENTE
>E QUANNO CANTA L'ECO S'ARISENTE

We got Keta, Selton and Piazza Aspromonte what have you got little shit

>he really lives in città studi

lmaoing

youtube.com/watch?v=kxwPS7xipXU

What the fuck did you say about città studi u lil shit i fuck your mom every night in Babic's flat u faggot i bet you're a broke fuorisede from San Donato lmao lmaoing at ur life nigga

the fuorisede with the coda di paglia gentlemen

rather be a musical pleb and know multiple languages then ignorant englishcunt trying to feel good about himself for today

check out lil peep lmao

This. Just listen to Kanye. The production alone is worth it.