I need help joining the PC master race...

I need help joining the PC master race. I just built my own computer and it starts up perfectly fine except I'm having problems installing Windows - It won't detect my SSD to install onto. Though the bios detects the SSD. I have an ASUS Z270-P Motherboard and Samsung 960 EVO SSD. I've tried using the command prompts to search for it while installing, and it does not show up there. AHCI is also enabled by default.

Bumping

Try setting the SSD as the primary and only boot drive.

Are you sure you didn't made a mess with cables? Sounds weird.

Post a pic of your BIOS menu under hard drives.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure everything is right. The user guide for mobo said it is Win7 compatible but I'm gonna try Win10 once I get hold of a copy.
Can't disable optical drive, installing from cd

New drives aren't initialized by default. Open a command prompt using Windows installer and format the drive

how would setting an empty SSD as the boot priority help this issue?

Might force the drive to be seen. It's weird the bios detects it, but it refuses to install onto it.

Try using a regular hdd, then try it with the ssd. Could be a problem with the mobo, you'll know if it is a mobo issue if no drives work

Not sure what you're asking for exactly. This might be relevant

This. Most drives aren't formatted to NFATS format out of the box. Go to the beginning of the install utility, find youra way into advanced settings and get into command prompt. I would look up a more specific guide from Google, but I had the same exact issue

Also this

Yo nigga when you're booting windows, it should have an option at the bottom when you're choosing your drive that says "format"

Click that and it should be fixed

I've tried that solution. It had me search for the SSD in the command prompt. Couldn't find it there either.

What format is the 960 evo? An m.2 or a 2.5" drive?
If its an m.2 I solved the problem with my 950 pro by installing to an hdd and copying the drive using samsungs cd applications

You used DiskPart?

Make sure you install the drivers first though

It is an M.2 but I don't have hdd.
which drivers?

Yes

The Mobo is Win7 compatible, the Drive format isn't. Win10 will install fine, if you need Win7 you have to reformat the SSD.

>inb4 retard
What/how many graphics cards are you using. M.2 uses pcie lanes, so you might now be able to use an m.2 with your current setup

Feel slightly retarded tbh. Using Asus strix gtx1060