Who is the best classical composer of all time and why is it Wagner?

Other urls found in this thread:

timeshighereducation.com/books/the-stranger-side-of-grainger/161416.article#survey-answer
youtube.com/watch?v=Vkfpi2H8tOE
youtube.com/watch?v=8hhN9son1eg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because you lack taste and prefer gaudy theatrics to actual pure music.

Not incorrect

wow rekt

Percy Grainger

"Grainger's obsession with the regeneration of "blue-eyed" Nordic purity led him to invent Nordic English based on Nordic, rather than Latin, roots. Words such as tone-art (music), tone-feasts (concerts), call-to-mindment (memory), tone-bill-of-fare (programme), overworth (value) colour his prose with an idiosyncratic flair."

timeshighereducation.com/books/the-stranger-side-of-grainger/161416.article#survey-answer

who's the purest composer?

mai waifu

Henryk Gorecki

could you elaborate why you think it's Wagner? because of his reformation of the Opera? because of his harmonic?

genuinly interested

btw I think it's Beethoven. Beacause he was deaf he had no choice but to fill his art with his individuality. So the connection between artist and art goes back to Beethoven, e.g. when you want to know the biography of an artist after enjoying his art

Julian Scriabin, died with his boipussy intact.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vkfpi2H8tOE

Beethoven only became fully deaf in the last years of his life. He was pretty fine until like 1800 or so. Though I agree that his most experimental and introspective works came when he was very deaf.
>So the connection between artist and art goes back to Beethoven, e.g. when you want to know the biography of an artist after enjoying his art
Not entirely convinced on that, but I don't know how the relationship between the art and the artist was perceived in 1700s and before.

Bach and Schubert

Bach because bach

Mozart (also underrated)

before Beethoven composers were more expected to be good craftsmen. Compositions were mostly made for a certain event and not expected to be performed again. You can see this in the amount of works (symphonies of Haydn 100+, Mozart 40+, Beethoven 9)

the greatest composer is obviously bach, but pérotin is a personal favorite

>Italian

>wagner
>mfw

this man is the goat

FUCKING MENDHELSSHON FFAGGOTS GET OFF MY BOARD.

youtube.com/watch?v=8hhN9son1eg

rimsky-korsakov

Bellini

/thread

Huh, a Wagner thread on Sup Forums. My uncle's a Wagner historian and on his way to Bayreuth right now to give lectures during the festival.

Normie tier